• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

Well it looks like this won’t just be Ben’s final film too.

I don’t think WB is “continuing to back” Ezra. I just think the movie is largely done and they don’t really have a choice but to move forward. They can just recast in a follow-up.

As far as Cavill, we don’t really know what all went down with negotiations so blaming either party seems kinda silly. Sometimes things just don’t work out. Could be money, timing, desire. Who knows?

Oh you and your facts ;)

I know that the film is done and there is practically nothing that can be done, but it is really hard to see how this goes forward given Ezra’s P.R. spiral. The stories keep getting worse and worse.

I know that the film is done and there is practically nothing that can be done, but it is really hard to see how this goes forward given Ezra’s P.R. spiral. The stories keep getting worse and worse.

They really don't have a choice at this point. You can't re-shoot the whole movie (or a significant portion of it), and at the same time you don't want to dump a multi-million dollar investment on HBO Max where it won't generate anywhere near enough to justify the cost of the movie itself.

I think at this point they just need to back away slowly from Miller, let the movie get to release, and then cut ties.

Since Zaslav saw the success of the Batman and how it did very well on HBO Max 45 days later, I doubt he's going to put Flash straight to streaming.

What a debacle for WB and the rest of the cast who worked on this and for some might have been their big break. The main star went from assault charges and allegations to now include allegedly grooming of a 12 year old. Did anyone at WB do a background check?

Between him and Heard, Snyder sure has a way of picking 'em. :funny: Next thing y'know, Gadot will be exposed as the ringleader of a sex trafficking organisation, and Momoa will be revealed to be a serial graverobber and necrophiliac. :dry:

The curse of the Snyder strikes again!

Not Snyder's fault, but it sure is crazy how like 80% of the DCEU Justice League has been attached to some controversy :funny:

Not much to say, honestly. WB should've done a background check on Miller before making this movie, but they're a bunch of incompetent ****ing fools, so they didn't. I mean, Jesus, Miller has been grooming a 12 year old since 2016.

To be fair, somebody's whose been groomed since 12 probably wouldn't right away.

Yep.

Has MCU or any of the legacy CBM film franchises experienced anything to the degree the Snyder-verse has?

Between him and Heard, Snyder sure has a way of picking 'em. :funny: Next thing y'know, Gadot will be exposed as the ringleader of a sex trafficking organisation, and Momoa will be revealed to be a serial graverobber and necrophiliac. :dry:

The curse of the Snyder strikes again!

And Chris D’Elia in Army of Dead

Bet Keaton is psyched this was the movie/cast he decided to revisit Batman with after 30 years. Hopefully Batgirl is a better experience/reception

Not much to say, honestly. WB should've done a background check on Miller before making this movie, but they're a bunch of incompetent ****ing fools, so they didn't. I mean, Jesus, Miller has been grooming a 12 year old since 2016.

Yep.

What's a background check going to do in this case? This happened after they were first cast.

Truthfully, I'm not sure what Warner Bros. can do here. They can't really re-shoot the film. They already delayed it another year. They could just shelve the film and call it a loss, but I doubt they will.

Reshooting every scene with Miller sounds like an impossibility. It's not as simple as re-skinning a character in a video game.

Last edited:
Yeah, they need to introduce a new Flash in the movie. Do some reshoots and add him torwards the end to get people excited about the future of The Flash.

What's a background check going to do in this case? This happened after they were first cast.

WB still managed to make an entire solo Flash movie, with Ezra, in 2021. 4 years after JL!!!!! A year after they choked a girl on video.

WB still managed to make an entire solo Flash movie, with Ezra, in 2021. 4 years after JL!!!!! A year after they choked a girl on video.

Again you are talking about background checking him for things that happened after they were cast for the DCEU franchise.

If Ezra Miller was not getting into trouble before they were cast as Barry Allen/Flash, a background check wouldn't have found things of them getting into trouble after they were cast.

Also, it's not like superstars do not routinely get in trouble or have scandals in Hollywood and manage to come out of it sometimes.

Look at Robert Downey Jr., Eddie Murphy, and many others. Downey Jr. was so drugged out he once did this:

"1996 ? ROBERT DOWNEY JR.’S SLEEPOVER Before his Hollywood resurgence, Downey spent the mid-1990s in a stupor of drugs and alcohol, leading to a tabloid tidal wave in July 1996, when he wandered into his neighbor’s Malibu home, stripped to his underwear and slept in their son’s bed. It was the second time in three weeks the police had booked Downey for being under the influence."

He's lucky that happened to him in the 90s.

My point is, a background check would not have spotted things like this for Miller off the bat.

The video incident I don't know what to make of that, but actors have survived worse. Should it have been a red flag and cause for concern? Yes, sometimes crisis managers and publicists are able to resolve these things.

The other thing about that choking video, nothing really happened. It was just that weird short video. No context. No charges were filed. No arrests were made. It was kind of this really weird bizarre story and nothing came of it.

Last edited:
Exactly, it just makes sense at this point. Their's plenty of actors out there that could play the role much better.

Once again, Ezra Miller was always a bad choice for Barry Allen. That's not a knock on Miller as a person or actor, but Miller as Allen is a major miscast. If they were trying to do Bart Allen/Impulse, they would've been more appropriate.

Frankly, I think a lot of Snyder's casting was bad. Look at Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor.

Yep.

A background check? You think this is coming up in a background check? Are you high?

Exactly how do you go about assuming a random actor would do something like this? Then how do you go about finding out when it would appear no one knew?

It isn't like their name hasn't been out there for a while and no one has even hinted at this stuff even tabloids. But somehow WB should have had used The Force and thought they might have weird skeletons and looked into it? It took months AFTER they were arrested multiple times for the story to come out...it obviously was hidden well. (if true mind you)

I get you all want to blame WB for everything because they make movies you dont like but there is no way they could have done any background check and figured this out and to suggest this is on them is ridiculous. It is also ridiculous to blame Snyder...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"