The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

They really should just make Justice League 2 with Snyder. Who else is going to do it? Muschietti? Gunn? Jenkins? Not feeling any of those

I’d like to see JJ Abrams do it

I think it's going to be a while, unless already filming for any Studio to greenlit a tentpole movie like JL2.

I’m just curious what that’ll look like. You have established Leaguers in Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter and Shazam. I’d imagine they’re building towards another team up with Keaton as Batman and maybe Zatanna and Blue Beetle as well.

Any JL movie without Superman or Batman would be a travesty especially only the second one.

Justice League 2 isn't happening.

WB will be rebooting Justice League in a few years.
I think so too. They'll want to distance themselves from that whole sh*tstorm, let things well and truly die down. The animated JL movies sell well, they'll keep the name 'out there' for general audiences, without having any negative associations.

I think we’ll get another JL, but I think those stories will still be standalones. This way WB doesn’t have to fumble around so much trying to build up a narrative and can just base the roster on whichever heroes are performing well.

Reactions: MbJ
Yeah a standalone, like what was supposed to be justice league mortal by georges Miller for example, would be a great way to let the shared universe die once and for all while being more ambitious from an artistic point of view

I mean it can still be shared. I just don’t expect any overarching narratives that lead up to JL flicks. Instead it’ll just be whichever characters are doing good business fighting a one-and-done villain.

Essentially like Suicide Squad but with heroes.

I think we’ll get another JL, but I think those stories will still be standalones. This way WB doesn’t have to fumble around so much trying to build up a narrative and can just base the roster on whichever heroes are performing well.

WB doesnt take failure very lightly. GL failed and they put that franchise on ice so fast its been over a decade. 7 years between Superman films....we'll get another JL film in 10+years from now

WB doesnt take failure very lightly. GL failed and they put that franchise on ice so fast its been over a decade. 7 years between Superman films....we'll get another JL film in 10+years from now

You are talking about different eras though. Even underperforming comic films make tons of cash now they wont sit on their hands long.

And Snyder should stick to Netflix. He is box office poison.

I agree he’s a better fit for streaming, but I wouldn’t call him box office poison. Most of the films he’s directed for theaters have not flopped. But that’s another convo for another thread.

I agree he’s a better fit for streaming, but I wouldn’t call him box office poison. Most of the films he’s directed for theaters have not flopped. But that’s another convo for another thread.

That may have been overly harsh...critical poison is what I meant ;)

I just have a hard time imaging Ezra Miller being able to carry something like this and eventhough I liked him a bit more in the Snyder Cut I'm still not completely sold on him either.

I hope that either Sasha Calle is able to surprise us as Supergirl or that Michael Keaton has a bigger role than we expect because this Barry Allen is going to need all the support he can get.

Yeah I mean he’s done the emotional and intimate thing with the It movies.
Maybe they think the bad version of Barry is Reverse Flash but it turns out to be the JoJo Rabbit guy as Thawne.

The best thing they can do and I hope they did this, is the movie retcons a lot, even if it's off camera, you shut learn that it's a different era now, a different universe.

So moving forward, Shazam! 2 can appear as stand alone as it will appear unaffected.

Same with Black Adam and Aquaman.

So what's left - well Batman - Batman can be retconned so it was always Keaton. Meaning BvS never happened as we saw and as a result, Justice league.

There can be a brief 'oh well I didn't trust the super man but hey, I'm a detective, I soon saw he was just a boy scout working the DP, clark's ok by me!"

Which means we are allowed a retconned MOS2 and literally just wipes away JL and allows movies moving forward to move forward.

WW3 can do anything it likes, as can batgirl, supergirl, future flash movies but honestly I cannot see them bothering to do a justice league.

If anything, I can Aquaman 3 or WW3 being an epic movie that brings in heroes or maybe they are saving this for Black Adam 2 where he literally takes on everyone but honestly, I am not invested enough and I don't think anyone else is.

one more round of movies and then I can see it being called a day...

Its not that I don’t think its cool that Keaton is Batman again. I do. Its just that a Flash movie has been in development for so long & the bigger his, Affleck and Calle’s roles are the more it’s like whoah wait a minute I thought this was a Flash movie.

If anyone else were playing the Flash, I'd agree.

But it's Ezra Miller who's playing him. So I find it hard to care about the Flash being put out of the picture. An Ezra Miller Flash film was self-sabotaged from the get-go. The Flash not being the draw of his own movie feels more like damage control at this point.

I know, its just Flash has never had his own movie. Yes there has been a successful tv show but I stopped watching a while ago b/c I thought this is meant for a movie not a watered-down CW show. Just because ppl don’t like Ezra Miller isn’t an excuse to not give Flash the solo movie he deserves like so many Marvel characters have got.
Yeah its harder than WW and Aquaman b/c Miller wasn’t as popular as Gal Godot or Jason Momoa. But Muschietti is a director is capable of doing it.
For all we know it could be more Flash-centric. Its just all we know right now is it involves two Batmans and Supergirl.
Based on as much as we know it would be more respectful to Flash if they changed the title. Call it Flashpoint. Or Crisis on Infinite Earths.
All this talk of is Cavill as Superman gonna show up in The Flash? Will Clooney or Bale Batman show up in The Flash? How about is anyone gonna play Jay Garrick, Max Mercury, Wally West, Captain Cold, Mirror Master, is Jai Courtney gonna show up as Captain Boomerang? Why else is it called The Flash.

UNOFFICIAL
mmmtoys Dark Knight Locomotive (?)

%E5%B3%9A%E9%99%93%E8%8A%9E%E2%91%B5_20211027174554-380x253.jpg

%E7%BF%8B%E8%8A%9E3-380x380.jpg

Version 1/12:
015-5-380x253.jpg

Version 1/6:
005-7-380x253.jpg

002-12-380x253.jpg

004-12-380x253.jpg

006-6-380x253.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread