The All Things Flash Thread. - Part 2

one more round of movies and then I can see it being called a day...
Well, if WW 3 and AM 3 are included in that, both Gadot and Momoa will have played their characters five times (if you count Momoa's brief appearance in BvS) by then, which would seem like a natural point to look to recast anyway.

Why even recast them though? Momoa and Gadot aren’t great actors but they really caught on with the general audience and I don’t think they’re replaceable anytime soon. But I don’t really care, I’m not attached to the actors the way I am to the characters.

At the end of the day I just want more shared universe DC content, including the Justice League. We need more JL content!

I would love to see a JUSTICE LEAGUE standalone tv series on HBO MAX, with all new actors

Well, if WW 3 and AM 3 are included in that, both Gadot and Momoa will have played their characters five times (if you count Momoa's brief appearance in BvS) by then, which would seem like a natural point to look to recast anyway.
Yup, that was my thinking...

Black Adam will be the main one for DCEU. Can see two movies being churned out, an ensemble movie at that. DJ is in great shape, but also a busy man and not getting younger..

He's 49 years old - I can see him starring in a black Adam sequel that is probably split in two parts which will probably end the DCEU as we know it and shift power over to the battison universe.

WW3, AM3, can't see them doing more suicide squad movies, there will be a batgirl movie and the green lantern series and Shazam2 which will probably accumulate with a blackadam sequel...

Imagine WW, Bat girl, old man Keaton, AM, flash, Shazam, heck maybe even superman all against black Adam over two movies? that's how I see it.

I would love to see a JUSTICE LEAGUE standalone tv series on HBO MAX, with all new actors

I dont really get that. Mainly becouse I think multiple versions usually makes you care less. Its like having some really averege TV-actor show up as Tony Stark after RDJ. It makes it less special. Like fan-fiction. I love Batman but I dont see anything really positive with what they have done with Bruce Wayne in his Arrowverse cameo (ugh!) or this nonsense they have done on Titans the last few years.

I think multiple versions (if they are just new ones without any past cinematic history etc) easily becomes just watered down, it makes the brand a bit bland.

You can do something maybe once and its really cool, I hope the Keaton/Affleck thing is cool in Flash. And whatever they are planning with the next Spider-Man film. But those things work cause you already know/care about the multiple versions.

I miss they days when DC/WB was more strict with what was allowed to be on a TV-show. That made movies etc feel more like events.

Not necessarily opposed but I echo super85's post. I'd add that streaming isn't spending the amount of money for a 6-8 episode series that would be required for characters like Superman, WW and to lesser extents Flash and Aquaman. I think of something like the Mandalorian. It doesn't really need the big budget of a Star Wars movie.

I agree, I only really want one version for movies and one version for tv.... not multiple versions... I mean in an ideal world I would want the tv world and movie world to be the same...

The best thing they can do and I hope they did this, is the movie retcons a lot, even if it's off camera, you shut learn that it's a different era now, a different universe.

So moving forward, Shazam! 2 can appear as stand alone as it will appear unaffected.

Same with Black Adam and Aquaman.

So what's left - well Batman - Batman can be retconned so it was always Keaton. Meaning BvS never happened as we saw and as a result, Justice league.

There can be a brief 'oh well I didn't trust the super man but hey, I'm a detective, I soon saw he was just a boy scout working the DP, clark's ok by me!"

Which means we are allowed a retconned MOS2 and literally just wipes away JL and allows movies moving forward to move forward.

WW3 can do anything it likes, as can batgirl, supergirl, future flash movies but honestly I cannot see them bothering to do a justice league.

If anything, I can Aquaman 3 or WW3 being an epic movie that brings in heroes or maybe they are saving this for Black Adam 2 where he literally takes on everyone but honestly, I am not invested enough and I don't think anyone else is.

one more round of movies and then I can see it being called a day...
Patty was/is going to do whatever she wants with WW3 with or without this Flash movie existing. Same goes for The Rock, Wan, Sandberg etc

All these movies are their own thing and follow their own rules anyway. What is there to retcon?

There isn't anything it is just wishful thinking. Reboots are unnecessary even if you recast.

Patty was/is going to do whatever she wants with WW3 with or without this Flash movie existing. Same goes for The Rock, Wan, Sandberg etc

All these movies are their own thing and follow their own rules anyway. What is there to retcon?
well, bat fleck for a start........

They're Back for Additional photography (pickups)

(Hopefully to add some more connective tissue to DCEU)

How many Lakers tickets can you buy for Jack to reprise as the Joker?

It’s his favorite role to date IIRC. I know he’s been retired but it’s not like hes dead!!

Batman v Superman (GCPD logo)
FFi-q-N9-Xw-AACez-R.jpg

GCPD logo in The Flash and Batgirl
FFizfk-AXMAACdd-Y.jpg

Heck, It looked different in "Birds of Prey"
0002.png

To all those people who think just because GCPD (Gotham City Police Department) logo is different means that this movie is definitely Not set in Snyderverse dceu, I have to point out that the Wayne Enterprises logo was different in Man of Steel, Batman V Superman and Wonder Woman.

5b289489146c704a86b3a130-large-1.jpg

326-3264923-i-tried-making-a-similar-logo-batman-vs.png

Wayne-Enterprises-logo.png

My point is, change in design means nothing, it may or may not be set in Snyder's DCEU, we cannot tell this by just looking at logos as logo can change even in same continuity (see above)

Last edited:
It’s his favorite role to date IIRC. I know he’s been retired but it’s not like hes dead!!
He's not retired; he just doesn't give a crap. With how good CG tech is now, we could easily have him back. Just have a younger person double for him to avoid any Irishman hilarity.

According to the user @lime, Nicholson's dementia has gotten incredibly bad now:
The sad thing is that this will never happen. As I understand his dementia is very bad and he even loses touch with realty and thinks he lives with his mom in his childhood home. I doubt mentaly he will be able to return. :(

Having said that, this is the only time I've ever heard anything of the like. The last I'd heard, Nicholson simply had a lot of trouble remembering his lines. If lime is wrong (and obviously no disrespect to that user, but I hope they are), then I too would love to see Nicholson somehow back as the Joker. Even if only for a measly two minutes or something. Brando had cue cards placed around the set and hidden behind props to help him remember his lines when he couldn't be bothered to learn then anymore (that sweet FU money), so why not someone who's a genius actor but who also genuinely needs the help.

Again, that's assuming he's of relatively sound mind and still willing. All I know is that Keaton and Nicholson sharing a scene again would mean 2 billion at the box office, easy. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"