The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
What else? Lol. Crossing the lines in making a CBM feel more than just a CBM. By having more philosophical elements in a superhero film that was received very well and doing a better job at it then even Singer's X-Men films. I don't know how you can say TDK didn't change things with the genre as a whole.

This!

And if you still don't understand why The Dark Knight is a masterpiece, watch this review!

Last edited:
How in the world did Troy get banned and KAW isn't when all he does is complain if a topic isn't going the way he wants? :doh:

How is it trolling? This film is no Spider-Man 2. This film is no The Dark Knight.

Show me anywhere where TAS-M has been hailed as the greatest CBM? If it never got that title, how in the world would it ever be iconic? ESPECIALLY when it deals with an origin that another film dealt with years ago that actually became iconic for the kind of trend it started.

SM2 and TDK arent iconic either.
No superhero movie is iconic,only some parts maybe.
Like the upside down kiss in SM1

Well I think Infinity answered the question on how TDK is considered iconic. Let alone, it's memorized as a CBM that literally changed things and this isn't a pun from one of Joker's lines as it's clearly the truth. Nolan's entire trilogy will be memorable, but out of those three films, it'll be The Dark Knight that is known as a very iconic film in the lines of Spider-Man 2, Superman: The Movie. And in regards to a film that started something, no other Spider-Man film period will be as iconic as the '02 film for really pushing the trend of all CBMs for the 21st century. I don't see anywhere where The Amazing Spider-Man will be known as very iconic or a film that started something as Superman: The Movie, Spider-Man, Batman Begins.

BB wasnt anything iconic even though it was a good movie.
TDK was iconic,or better still,Ledger's joker and his lines are iconic,I think you are confusing 'Influential' and 'Iconic'
Parts of SM1 and SM2 are iconic
As I said,no movie as a whole is iconic,some parts are.Same with TASM
And not being iconic isnt anything bad.SM1 had more iconic parts than SM2 yet SM2 is a better movie overall

Last edited:
So I watched TASM again today and Loved the first half-hour even more,best First hour in a orgin film imo

Things just went downhill after the Dinner with Stacy's,though the School fight and the final speech and all are still excellent

If I'd say my memorable (in a good and significant way, that is: I will remember it as a great or brilliant scene, not remember it in the way I'll remember Peter's dancing scenes in SM3) scenes/things in the Spider-Man films (I'll most likely forget some here):

SM1
* Everything from the Great power speech scene to the death of the burglar (pretty much the perfect hero origin).
* Green Goblin's first arrival at the festival (that laugh is awesome and I love his "Out, am I?" as well as his whole presence and the people's reaction when they see him from afar).
* Norman Osborn finding out Peter is Spider-Man (the dinner especially but also the blood drop and Peter hiding below the window).
* Green Goblin at the Daily Bugle.
* Peter and Green Goblin on top of the building after that (I know Green Goblin's whole "I want you to work for me" plan is a bit underwhelming for Green Goblin standards but put that aside and it's a very cool scene).
* The upside down kiss.
* The final battle.
* Spidey leaving Norman's dead body in the mansion.
* Green Goblin leaving Aunt May terrified and Aunt May's speech to Peter at the hospital.
* Green Goblin dressed as an old lady.
* Every JJJ scene.

SM2
* Doc Ock's experiment going wrong.
* The horror hospital scene.
* Every action scene.
* Doc Ock's deal with Harry.
* Doc Ock's "...or I'll peel the flesh off her bones" scene.
* Harry unmasking Spider-Man.
* The trash can "Spider-Man No More" scene.
* Aunt May's "There's a hero in all of us" speech.
* Peter telling Aunt May about Ben's death.
* I'm back! My back!
* Peter Parker witnessing an assault while being in off mode.
* Every JJJ scene.

SM3
* Marko visiting Penny while she's sleeping (beautiful).
* Birth of Sandman.
* Birth of Venom.
* Peter vs. Harry 1 (though I don't like parts of that battle).
* Peter vs. Harry 2 (brilliant action).
* Spider-Man vs. Sandman underground.
* Harry's final breath.

ASM
* Young Peter scene.
* Ben's "she's the girl at your computer", Peter and Gwen talking to each other and the 'Til Kingdom Come scene.
* "You're a pretty good dad".
* Peter in the train.
* Peter's new found strenght scenes.
* Gwen crying at Peter's door.
* The "I can't sleep!" stuff.
* Peter returning home after the final battle.
* The final battle.
* The silk trap scene to Lizard finding the camera.
* The "Put on the mask" scene with the kid to the "I'm Spider-Man" (great stuff).
* Stan Lee's cameo.
* The rooftop kiss scene.
* Scene's showing Connors' inner dialogue with his Lizard self.
* Gwen's smile when Peter says "But those are the best kind".
* The whole scene of the cops chasing Spidey and Spidey fighting them off.

The only scenes I'd say are iconic would be Raimi's origin, the upside down kiss, the "There's a hero in all of us" and Raimi's action scenes.

The costume montage in the Spider-Man will never be beat, that's all I'll say right now.

What, Troy Parker got banned ?

Sadly, yes. He was too busy trying to pop out some curse words with his replies on discussing with someone else about Uncle Ben's death that he kept getting infractions for it until....boom.

No superhero movie movie as a whole is iconic

SM2 and TDK arent iconic either.
No superhero movie is iconic,only some parts maybe.
Like the upside down kiss in SM1

That's not what's been said the past couple of pages, but whatever floats your boat.

BB wasnt anything iconic even though it was a good movie.
TDK was iconic,or better still,Ledger's joker and his lines are iconic,I think you are confusing 'Influential' and 'Iconic'
Parts of SM1 and SM2 are iconic
As I said,no movie as a whole is iconic,some parts are.Same with TASM
And not being iconic isnt anything bad.SM1 had more iconic parts than SM2 yet SM2 is a better movie overall

You just said TDK wasn't iconic, but now you say it is?

And once again you underestimate Batman Begins. Nevertheless, I did not say it was as iconic as films such as Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight(which, they are iconic, so I hate to burst your bubble), but Batman Begins is only memorable for starting a trend as much as the 2002 Spider-Man is memorable for starting a new wave of CBMs and Superman: The Movie is memorable for starting the wave of CBMs completely.

We all know TAS-M 3 could have an iconic moment when some pretty little blonde dies...

Or they could **** it up and make Electro kill her in 2

Ahh, man, don't make me dread the sequel even more! Lol.

I hope Gwen is just as yummy in the sequel:hrt:

Spider-Man 3 gets my hate once again for not including a 'final swing' sequence.

Then in which movie will she die in? I've read that if she dies in the second movie, it will ruin the pacing, but then if she dies in the third movie, it ends the series on a sad note.

As much as I prefer Gwen over MJ (which is strange as I like me some redheads) my vote is for the second movie. I say Rachel Dawes the heck out of that chick so this movie-series can move on already.

How in the world did Troy get banned and KAW isn't when all he does is complain if a topic isn't going the way he wants? :doh:

Kaw just got 2 months probation and the next time he acts like this he is permabanned.....just like Troy got multiple infractions, probations, and warnings before he was banned.

I'm just wondering on what more they could introduce regarding Peter's Parents that would interesting to follow within the remainder of the series. I mean the first film already established that they died in a plane crash while they were on the run and strongly hinted that Oscorp had something to do with their deaths.

What more could they elaborate on without making it feel like they're trying to stretch it out as how some fee Warner Bros. is doing with the Hobbit?

I'm just wondering on what more they could introduce regarding Peter's Parents that would interesting to follow within the remainder of the series. I mean the first film already established that they died in a plane crash while they were on the run and strongly hinted that Oscorp had something to do with their deaths.

What more could they elaborate on without making it feel like they're trying to stretch it out as how some fee Warner Bros. is doing with the Hobbit?

maybe the electric spark that hit the spider meanwhile the spider-room scene?
more of Norman, idk more of Richard´s research
btw i bought the bluray, great bluray the video quality is excellent and soon i will see it in 3D

I say Rachel Dawes the heck out of that chick so this movie-series can move on already.

I literally laughed out loud at this hehe. I just think it would be too soon to do the switcharoo to MJ after already getting a trilogy with the character.

Then in which movie will she die in? I've read that if she dies in the second movie, it will ruin the pacing, but then if she dies in the third movie, it ends the series on a sad note.

As much as I prefer Gwen over MJ (which is strange as I like me some redheads) my vote is for the second movie. I say Rachel Dawes the heck out of that chick so this movie-series can move on already.

Why is this such a bad thing?

Why is this such a bad thing?

Well if Gwen is presented as the love of Peter's life, it would naturally make him depressed about it and the one of the films always rely on what the protagonist is feeling.

Yeah I think if this is a trilogy she needs to die in the second one. I want a happy ending with MJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"