The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the use of 3D can increase in quality..so we'll see when it comes to that. But i just dont want Venom in this trilogy and im sure Webb wont do a 4th movie. Of course he can do Eddie Brock justice but then again i want a director who comes in and is really passionate about the character. I want the opposite of Raimi. That guy hated the character and now you have Webb who (when asked) doesnt seem to ever mention Venom or Carnage as a favorite villain. He mentions Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Electro as his fav, Lizard and Kraven. I want somebody who LOVES the character. Perhaps somebody who enjoys that era quite a bit and doesnt want to get into the Osborns, which Raimi and Webb seem to be obsessed with.

Well, the Osborns are a big part of Spider-Man's life. It's only natural to reintroduce them in the new Trilogy. And I like that Norman gets build up as that really big figure and his potential doesn't get wasted in the very first Movie. On Venom, yeah, it's probably better if a director who loves the character handles him. I would love Webb to do him, but if he doesn't want to do it, I won't force him.

Thats what im saying. Maybe he digs him i dont know, but im getting the vibe that he's not super crazy about Venom. He's at least not in his top five. He would handle him 5 times better than Raimi did but it's still not convincing. I want that director who feels Venom is his favourite rogue or a top 3 personal fav.

It's like the Nolan brothers and how they're not big fans of the Penguin. So they make up excuses and say "he's not realistic enough for our style of Batman movies"..when in fact he can be portayed in a very grounded manner. But ill give them credit for not doing Penguin anyway. You want somebody who comes into the Bat reboot, and has a passion for showing Penguin as he is in the comics. THAT is what you want for Venom. You want somebody passionate about Brocks story and wants to get it right.

Last edited:
Well, the Osborns are a big part of Spider-Man's life. It's only natural to reintroduce them in the new Trilogy. And I like that Norman gets build up as that really big figure and his potential doesn't get wasted in the very first Movie. On Venom, yeah, it's probably better if a director who loves the character handles him. I would love Webb to do him, but if he doesn't want to do it, I won't force him.

Yeah i want Norman to be this big encompassing villain behind the scenes (sort of man in the hat vibe from the comics)

Guise.

What if like.... Ratha is Chameleon, and works for Kingpin only to get Oscorp information?

Jean-Luc-Picard-Sings-And-Dances.gif

Guise.

Well considering he's dead I don't think that matters much.

That and Kingpin can't be used by Sony.

Thought Avi and Matt said they could use his rights?

Huh. His death was hilarious though.

" well both lose our heads"

Nope...

Well considering he's dead I don't think that matters much.

That and Kingpin can't be used by Sony.

actually... this is what Avi Arad said in an interview

"Believe it or not, Kingpin was on loan to Daredevil, so again, anything that is part of the Spider-Man Universe or introduced in the Spider-Man Universe--without getting too legal beagle here--is an opportunity, and if we have a story that Kingpin is important, I'm sure we can handle that."

I'm surprised you didn't know this yet

I doubt it. Marvel owns the Daredevil rights now.

Sony owns the rights of any character introduced in Spider-man comics.They own the rights to Kingpin aswell

They just loaned him to Fox for 'Daredevil'

Arad said this himself

I'm really not interested in Ghost Rider. Great in the comics, great in MVC3... After seeing him on screen though, he's one of the heroes I can't ever see being done well.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong someday.

Sony owns the rights of any character introduced in Spider-man comics.They own the rights to Kingpin aswell

They just loaned him to Fox for 'Daredevil'

Arad said this himself

Not exactly true, they don't own jigsaw and punisher

I'm really not interested in Ghost Rider. Great in the comics, great in MVC3... After seeing him on screen though, he's one of the heroes I can't ever see being done well.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong someday.

I still have yet to watch the Ghost Rider films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"