The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could everyone feel if we got this? I for one would LOVE THIS.
It's a mix of the Ultimate Suit with a few upgrades.

jamiefoxx-electro-spiderman-600px.jpg

.... yeah this looks like something out of 1993... like Steel..

sorry but it looks incredibly generic... and "sky high" like.

It sounds like Max Dillon is a massive loser who's a constant push over.. i think his costume should represent that a little bit... i don't think he's going to have something sleek and sexy... i'd almost want it to look a bit goofy... since he seems to have a "paste pot pete" kinda vibe going on in his personal life

Well it seems none of Electro's costume are valid or liked, maybe this is why they are creating something new.

which is why he always goes back to his Green/Yellow he's basically a D list character, with an A list power... he lucked out, and his power is pretty strong and damaging. But he's not a very good thinker, never has been.. and he's always had self-esteem issues.

I think that is also one of the reasons as to why Electro won't have the yellow and green costume. Really, what scientific explanation could that have?

Perhaps the suit will be made of a material that won't get fried every time he uses electricity. Kind of like how the Human Torch's outfit won't burn every time he says "flame on!"

I was thinking something like Havok's costume in First Class
The costume controls his blasts so that they are accurate and controlled

I like how Electro goes off and becomes evil because his mom forgets his birthday. Best motivation evar.

He mentions his mother forgetting his birthday, followed by something else really tragic happening to him. Did you read the whole interview? Nobody said that his mom forgetting his birthday IS the motivation.

Maybe Norman finds out about his powers, fires him, and kills his family or something.

He mentions his mother forgetting his birthday, followed by something else really tragic happening to him. Did you read the whole interview? Nobody said that his mom forgetting his birthday IS the motivation.

Maybe Norman finds out about his powers, fires him, and kills his family or something.

I think he was trying to be funny...

No I was serious. I use 'evar' when I am being serious.

I hope they don't take it that far. It was cool in Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro, but that was a video game. They might try to turn him into pure electricity or something, who knows. The idea isn't "bad," its just the execution might turn out to be horrible.

I hope they don't take it that far. It was cool in Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro, but that was a video game. They might try to turn him into pure electricity or something, who knows. The idea isn't "bad," its just the execution might turn out to be horrible.

But I don't want to see his body degenerating and morphing into electricity or anything like that. I want to see pure electricity being generated by his body, shooting out of his hands, burning from his eyes. Electro should make some awesome Green Lantern-like constructs with his electricity. They could give him the ability to jumpstart machines and then control them with the electricity that he's pumped into them.

IMO, there's a lot of cool things they can do with him overall.

Constructs? Really? Did he ever do anything like that in the comics? I'm happy if they actually make him fly. I was always disappointed how Magneto was powered down in the X-Men movies and just floated around.

If he did turn into pure electricity, I'd imagine it would be at the final battle for a short moment or something. I don't think they will go that route, who knows. I think they want to utilize the actor for most of the movie, especially after they wasted Thomas Hayden Church in SM3.

To get off topic a bit. I was thinking about the future of this franchise and where Garfield figures into all of this and what direction to take it once Webbs trilogy is over with...

First i wanna say....they should keep Venom away from Marc Webb.

Secondly...Garfield is probably signed on for 3 films right? I can see him leaving when Marc leaves. Andrew is one of those fans who believes a younger guy should always be playing the character and would be happy to see new actors continue the franchise. So do just that..

Do Webbs trilogy with Garfield in his teens. Then keep the story going but with a new actor & director. I mean, Maguire was like 32 when he did his final Spidey movie and you can tell by his age that it was the right time. Andrew Garfield is going to be 33 or 34 when he does that 3rd movie. It'll be time to move on.

I want a director to come in with no intention on repeating Raimis style what so ever. And same for repeating Webbs 3D style. A Peter Parker who is in his early 20's and works at Daily Bugle for Jameson and squares off against Venom, Carnage and eventually the rest of the Sinister Six. No filming with 3D cameras, no origin callbacks, a more mature & responsible character who may be on & off with Mary Jane. They can raise the stakes with the threat as well when they bring Eddie and Cletus into this. Raise it QUITE a bit. Like we've never seen in a Spider-Man movie.

To get off topic a bit. I was thinking about the future of this franchise and where Garfield figures into all of this and what direction to take it once Webbs trilogy is over with...

Secondly...Garfield is probably signed on for 3 films right? I can see him leaving when Marc leaves. Andrew is one of those fans who believes a younger guy should always be playing the character and would be happy to see new actors continue the franchise. So do just that..

Do Webbs trilogy with Garfield in his teens. Then keep the story going but with a new actor & director. I mean, Maguire was like 32 when he did his final Spidey movie and you can tell by his age that it was the right time. Andrew Garfield is going to be 33 or 34 when he does that 3rd movie. It'll be time to move on.

I want a director to come in with no intention on repeating Raimis style what so ever. And same for repeating Webbs 3D style. A Peter Parker who is in his early 20's and works at Daily Bugle for Jameson and squares off against Venom, Carnage and eventually the rest of the Sinister Six. No filming with 3D cameras, no origin callbacks, a more mature & responsible character who may be on & off with Mary Jane. They can raise the stakes with the threat as well when they bring Eddie and Cletus into this. Raise it QUITE a bit. Like we've never seen in a Spider-Man movie.

I agree with everything except the use of 3D cameras. If the 3D is really well done and utilized correctly, then it could be really cool for a Spider-Man movie. They just didn't really do anything all that amazing with the 3D in TASM.

I don't completely agree, nor do I completely disagree.

Why should Venom stay away from Webb? Personally, Webb is the one guy I want to handle Venom. Because I think he could do something great with the character of Eddie Brock. Though that's only if he's build up over several Movies, unlike the last Trilogy.

Last edited:
I'd like to see how Webb would handle Brock and the symbiote too, but I'm in no rush to see Venom in the next two films, as much as I like him.

I like how Electro goes off and becomes evil because his mom forgets his birthday. Best motivation evar.

I like how you ignore the rest of the information to intentionally try to make it sound more simple and stupid than it is, which instead only makes you look stupid and proves once more that you seem unable to see things in context. Well done.

I'd like to see how Webb would handle Brock and the symbiote too, but I'm in no rush to see Venom in the next two films, as much as I like him.

That's the part where I agree. No Venom during the current Trilogy. If Webb sticks around longer though, then I definitely want to see him give Venom a go.

I definitely want to see Venom at some point, just not in this current trilogy.

I like how you ignore the rest of the information to intentionally try to make it sound more simple and stupid than it is, which instead only makes you look stupid and proves once more that you seem unable to see things in context. Well done.

Nah it's still pretty stupid that he would even mention that in the first place as a serious motivation to his character. Then again he can't even get his character's name right. I could see Foxx diving deep into his role by having his mother forget his birthday. Then he could feel the pain...

Maybe the use of 3D can increase in quality..so we'll see when it comes to that. But i just dont want Venom in this trilogy and im sure Webb wont do a 4th movie. Of course he can do Eddie Brock justice but then again i want a director who comes in and is really passionate about the character. I want the opposite of Raimi. That guy hated the character and now you have Webb who (when asked) doesnt seem to ever mention Venom or Carnage as a favorite villain. He mentions Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Electro as his fav, Lizard and Kraven. I want somebody who LOVES the character. Perhaps somebody who enjoys that era quite a bit and doesnt want to get into the Osborns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"