The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - Part 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see a redo of the Goblin and they seem to be going that way... But I'm afraid it may make the audience more reluctant to see Goblin, Ock, Venom, or Sandman again so soon.

So...if the guy in the mid credits scene is Electro (just speculation) and he's the villain in ASM2, what do you think they'll do to him? How do you think they'll handle him?

Electro is one of the few Spidey villains that I don't mind more free hands when it comes to origin (as long as it's not something stupid and they are true to his character). So him being someone from Oscorp could make sense, especially after Webb said something about liking the idea of Oscorp being the "tower of evil" in this trilogy. The only problem I have with this is the same as I had with Raimi's villains, it may feel like forced connections. But I can see this being a plausible thing to happen.

Another thing I noticed is that, to me at least, Michael Massee actually kinda looks like an older Electro when you look carefully.

456700.jpg
2260516-electro_1_.jpg
Michael_Massee.jpg

I've always pictured Max Dillon as a younger guy but maybe Webb & Co thought different. Anyways, I hope they make Electro true to his character from the 616 comics and I'd also love to see him cause a blackout and having Spidey beg for his life.

Any thoughts on this? My random brainstorming session from another thread.
I'm just throwing stuff out there right now. It's probably too busy. Didn't expect this to turn into Sinister Six lol

-Peter, Gwen, maybe Flash go to same college

-Peter meets Harry in school, he's obviously troubled but they become pretty good
friends

-MJ goes to same school but Peter's introduced to her by Aunt May (friends with MJ's
mom, aunt, whatever)

-Peter and Gwen get closer, Peter and MJ get closer as friends (but have a sort of connection)

-Bugle, JJJ, more pictures

-Norman gets more developed, whether we see him or not

-Connors' family introduced through letters to and from home

-Other scientists/ chracters who we know to evenyually be villains but not in the movie

-Osborn hunting down Spider-Man so he can study his DNA and whatnot, creates villains to do the job, had been planning extra projects all along (different suits, weapons, etc.)

-Villains: Rhino (Aleksei Sytsevich inmate with Connors, desperate to get out, Osborn gets him out for a "favor"), Electro (another inmate, same story), Chameleon (Norman's main dirty work guy, was the one in Connors' cell), Vulture (plays big role in Oscorp's more questionable experiments, has lot to lose if Norman dies), Kraven (drawn to NY by all the strange "animals," convinced to chase ultimate hunt in Spider-Man), Lizard (Osborn threatens family's well-being)

-Not all villains have to be insanely developed, some can be discarded rather quickly, which, in the story, infuriates Norman

- Norman feels need to take things into own hands in 3rd

So...if the guy in the mid credits scene is Electro (just speculation) and he's the villain in ASM2, what do you think they'll do to him? How do you think they'll handle him?

Electro is one of the few Spidey villains that I don't mind more free hands when it comes to origin (as long as it's not something stupid and they are true to his character). So him being someone from Oscorp could make sense, especially after Webb said something about liking the idea of Oscorp being the "tower of evil" in this trilogy. The only problem I have with this is the same as I had with Raimi's villains, it may feel like forced connections. But I can see this being a plausible thing to happen.

Another thing I noticed is that, to me at least, Michael Massee actually kinda looks like an older Electro when you look carefully.

456700.jpg
2260516-electro_1_.jpg
Michael_Massee.jpg

I've always pictured Max Dillon as a younger guy but maybe Webb & Co thought different. Anyways, I hope they make Electro true to his character from the 616 comics and I'd also love to see him cause a blackout and having Spidey beg for his life.

Do you change your avatar specifically on who you want the next villain to be? Lol.

Do you change your avatar specifically on who you want the next villain to be? Lol.

Haha! No, all this speculation of Electro made me google some images of him, thought this one looked cool and changed my avy! :p

it's a good avy! and I agree with you Electro would be awesome and a fight in times square....:wow: somethingv i've always wanted to see. The way he was portrayed in Marvel Knights was fantastic.

I'm all for Electro coming into play, but not in that costume with the rubber lightning shapes. The picture Oscorp's using in his avatar would look ridiculous in a real life movie, in my opinion at least. Mystreo and Kraven would also need some costume changes in my eyes...

I think that the SSM design for Electro would be pretty awesome.

it's a good avy! and I agree with you Electro would be awesome and a fight in times square....:wow: somethingv i've always wanted to see. The way he was portrayed in Marvel Knights was fantastic.

Thanks! :) Yeah that could be amazing! I haven't read that, would you like to explain in short how he was? :)

I'm all for Electro coming into play, but not in that costume with the rubber lightning shapes. The picture Oscorp's using in his avatar would look ridiculous in a real life movie, in my opinion at least. Mystreo and Kraven would also need some costume changes in my eyes...

I don't want that costume either. It works in the comics but I can't see it in a film. Something like the Ultimate Electro's suit could look cool.

I like the idea that someone else bought up that his costume could be the comic design that like that of Infamous.

600full-infamous-artwork.jpg

Have the a similar suit as this, with some sort of lightning motif and your good to go :up:

I like the idea that someone else bought up that his costume could be the comic design that like that of Infamous.

600full-infamous-artwork.jpg

Have the same suit as this, with some sort of lightning motif and your good to go :up:

I'd be all for that! :up:

problem with electro... is as cheesey as his costume is... whenever they've strayed from it... it's been FAR worse... i think part of his charm is that he looks ridiculous

Thanks! :) Yeah that could be amazing! I haven't read that, would you like to explain in short how he was? :)

I don't want that costume either. It works in the comics but I can't see it in a film. Something like the Ultimate Electro's suit could look cool.

He was pretty ruthless in MK, one of my favourite fights Spidey has with him. He actually beats Spider-Man to a pulp to the point of unconsciousness, ends up in hospital having to be unmasked because they need to fill his airways with oxygen or something (can't exactly remember) only to then have vulture break in and kidnap him. It's a great read, one of my favourite runs (1-3 at least) other than Amazing! :woot:

edit: also I hope the kind of combine it, like a combination of both, like the ultimate style with somevof the classic design, just tone it down so it's less silly.

Also I like his maks when its like this:
images

Last edited:
He was pretty ruthless in MK, one of my favourite fights Spidey has with him. He actually beats Spider-Man to a pulp to the point of unconsciousness, ends up in hospital having to be unmasked because they need to fill his airways with oxygen or something (can't exactly remember) only to then have vulture break in and kidnap him. It's a great read, one of my favourite runs (1-3 at least) other than Amazing! :woot:

Sounds really cool thanks for the info! You know what number it is?

Yeah it's the volume 1 TBP can't remember what issue exactly.

edit: just checked it's issue 3

edit: also I hope the kind of combine it, like a combination of both, like the ultimate style with somevof the classic design, just tone it down so it's less silly.

Also I like his maks when its like this:
images

yeah, that was my favorite costume of his other than his classic. I also liked the way the mask "frilled up" when he went full blast

yeah, that was my favorite costume of his other than his classic. I also liked the way the mask "frilled up" when he went full blast

Yeah me too! Though in live-action I suppose that would look ridiculous. lol. Still They could swap the green for black and keep mostly the lightning motif (like on the shoulders as it is in MK, or have one motif the centre of the chest, kinda like USM's collar but bigger and more distinct. His suit is one of the best thing imo of his character and if they can find a descent way to put it to the big screen then personally I'm all foor it! :up:

A combination of the inFamous suit and Ultimate Electro's, with that mask you posted Scarlettess could make him look really cool!

Thanks alot for checking that out, I appreciate it! Will check it out! :)

No probs glad i could be of help! yeah it's called Down among the Dead Men and runs from #1 -#16. One of my favourite stories. :woot:

from what I heard, the rumour is that webb decides to not kill gwen, is it true or is it just a rumour ? :huh: :huh:

Just came back from watching it (3D).

I really liked the movie. I feel like is the best representation of the character so far. Andrew Garfield -and Emma Stone- did a wonderful job.

The way Spider-Man moves, the use of his powers and webbing, the detective-esque little things, finally there's some use of his 'nerd' skills, etc, I think they nailed it in that department. It all made for a much more interesting version than Raimi's, something I always wanted to see in that trilogy (part 3 being the worst in that aspect).

The only thing I thought could've been better was the portrayal of the villain. It was too... ordinary. There was nothing fresh or new -at least Spider-Man didn't have to save his girlfriend... finally!-. Still, I think the Lizard worked, it was a blast seeing both fighting.

Great movie, is nice to finally see a true version of the character on screen. All in all, I think it was a good idea to reboot the series. I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next.

As for the mid credits scene, I haven't read anything about it in this threads, but my guess is Mysterio. For the simple fact that he suddenly 'disappears'. If they go with him for part 2, I'm sooooo in.

8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back