The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - - - Part 25

At least they gave a different use to his webs, unlike Raimi where it was all swinging and swinging.

Yeah, like that great swinging scene where he webs Jameson's mouth shut, or that other great swinging scene where he webs up the Goblin in an actual spiders web, or that other other great swinging scene where he uses his webs to stop a speeding train.

Or that other great swinging scene where he created a very cool way to get to the bridge in Spider-Man.

Or the great swinging scene where he stopped the train using his webbing.

Or the swinging scene where he webs the pumpkin bomb and throws it back at Harry?

Or the swinging scene where shoots web balls at Doc Ock's face while falling from the clock tower?

Or the swinging scene where his web sticks to his lunch tray and he accidentally throws it on Flash's neck?

Or the swinging scene where he webs up his entire room and breaks his lamp?

Or the swinging scene where he slings himself from one building to another out of a broken window straight at Doc Ock?

Or the swinging scene where he clothes lines Harry in the alley?

All GREAT swinging scenes, too bad he never used his webs for other purposes.

It was definitely more than just "swinging and swinging" in the Raimi films. These guys over here proved that. But I think that in TASM, he incorporated his webbing more as a way to fight the villain, and even dodge him. He felt more... spider like? I don't know if that sounds right, but you know what I mean.

It was definitely more than just "swinging and swinging" in the Raimi films. These guys over here proved that. But I think that in TASM, he incorporated his webbing more as a way to fight the villain, and even dodge him. He felt more... spider like? I don't know if that sounds right, but you know what I mean.

Like when he webbed up the Lizard by crawling up and around him, that was incredibly spider-like.

I know what you mean though, he definitely was more spider-like, but it's not to say Raimi didn't utilize his webs for anything besides swinging. I'd say Webb was more creative with the web aspect... Bazinga! :sus

Like when he webbed up the Lizard by crawling up and around him, that was incredibly spider-like.

I know what you mean though, he definitely was more spider-like, but it's not to say Raimi didn't utilize his webs for anything besides swinging. I'd say Webb was more creative with the web aspect... Bazinga! :sus

You just hit the nail on the head. :up:

Raimi did some fun stuff with the webbing too, but it was never explored all that much. I remember a lot of the cool things were shown in the older video games (web dome, shooting web bullets/balls, etc.).

Well, some of the game stuff is a bit silly. Like I never expect to see the web dome in movies, and Raimi actually used the web bullets in SM2. Although that must have been painful to push them out his wrists, because he had organics.

They were both creative, but Webb was just more creative when making his Spider-Man use his webbing in more spidery ways. The only three instances I can think of with Raimi's trilogy as in the webbing being used in spidery ways when Spider-Man created that "shield" between him and Green Goblin that looked like a spider web before Goblin tore it down, when he made that huge spider web to place MJ on after taking down Doc Ock, and then in Spider-Man 3 when he made that huge spider web between the two trees while he and MJ were looking up at the stars.

Does anyone think that Oscorp will attempt to take credit for the antidote to the biotoxin that was released?

You guys are correct. They specifically said they were trying to make him more spider like in the film, from the way he moved and crawled to how he used his webs. It's funny that after he was bitten he started hanging out in high places (roof of his house, on the wall in his room). One of those subtle things the film did better than the Raimi trilogy.

Considering that Connors worked at Oscorp there may be an investigation and most likely some conspiracy. As corrupt as Oscorp may be I would think they could take advantage of Spider-man not being able to come forward and take credit for it as their way of cleaning up the mess.

You guys are correct. They specifically said they were trying to make him more spider like in the film, from the way he moved and crawled to how he used his webs. It's funny that after he was bitten he started hanging out in high places (roof of his house, on the wall in his room). One of those subtle things the film did better than the Raimi trilogy.

IMO, the high school fight was choreographed with excellence. The way Spidey moved throughout that entire scene was perfect.

Does anyone think that Oscorp will attempt to take credit for the antidote to the biotoxin that was released?

Even if an awful way to look at it, at a business standpoint, I wouldn't see why OsCorp wouldn't try to take the credit since it did happen ontop OsCorp Tower.

If Jameson is in the sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave all the credit to OsCorp while blaming the giant Lizard and Spider-Man for attempting to mutate the citizens.

If JJJ is even in ASM2, then yes, I can totally see that happening as well. However, from Oscorp's perspective it would be beneficial for them to take advantage of the situation and attempt to make themselves look like the 'good guys' for getting rid of the Lizard and the imminent threat he posed. I hope that in the sequel they really begin to show just how corrupt Oscorp has or will become with Norman at the helm of his evil empire.

Even if an awful way to look at it, at a business standpoint, I wouldn't see why OsCorp wouldn't try to take the credit since it did happen ontop OsCorp Tower.

If Jameson is in the sequel, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave all the credit to OsCorp while blaming the giant Lizard and Spider-Man for attempting to mutate the citizens.

If JJJ is even in ASM2, then yes, I can totally see that happening as well. However, from Oscorp's perspective it would be beneficial for them to take advantage of the situation and attempt to make themselves look like the 'good guys' for getting rid of the Lizard and the imminent threat he posed. I hope that in the sequel they really begin to show just how corrupt Oscorp has or will become with Norman at the helm of his evil empire.

Not that it isn't appreciated- but I think you guys may be putting a bit too much thought into a movie which will feature Paul Giamatti as a giant Rhinocerous-man.

It makes me sad to type that.

But they did.

Gwen works for Oscorp and she used Oscorp research and technology to create an antidote inside Oscorp. Kinda sounds like Oscorp made it to me.

Doesn't it look like Garfield has put on weight here?

LF6f7eR.jpg

Ww6KUSF.jpg

Maybe trying to fill out the suit more?

Not that it isn't appreciated- but I think you guys may be putting a bit too much thought into a movie which will feature Paul Giamatti as a giant Rhinocerous-man.

It makes me sad to type that.

lol, well you may be ready to jump ship but I'm going to remain hopeful. ASM proved to be better than I expected so I'm hopeful Webb and co will continue to deliver and make improvements where needed. I'm not over-hyped like some, however I'm still optimistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"