The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
The editing mistakes in TASM. When you see all the deleted footage, it makes you wonder why they took some of it out at all.

Oh yeah :doh: Taking those scenes out actually hurt the movie, poor decision on Marc's part if it was his decision but I believe it wasnt. -_- Sony obviously had a hand in this.

I'm sure he lost some creative control in the editing room.

The fact that they were doing script changes midshoot is what really caused all this mess in the first place. Historically, any movie that goes thru that process usually has issues. The cuts that were made are simply the after effect from them trying to clean up the mess. It's yet another reason to have more faith in the production this go around, all rumors aside and personal preferences aside concerning those rumors, because the script was solid from the get-go.

The fact that they were doing script changes midshoot is what really caused all this mess in the first place. Historically, any movie that goes thru that process usually has issues. The cuts that were made are simply the after effect from them trying to clean up the mess. It's yet another reason to have more faith in the production this go around, all rumors aside and personal preferences aside concerning those rumors, because the script was solid from the get-go.

They started working on the script for TASM2 rather early, didn't they? From what I understand, the first draft was finished months before TASM was released when they hired Orci and Kurtzman to re-write it.

What rumors have been spread about the production? So far everything seems to be going well. They seemed to have done a really good job considering the issues of the first film, so logically they have to do even better now that everything is solid.

Do you think other Spider-Man villains could make a cameo in this film in their pre-villain state? Such as a scientist named Octavius or a engineer/inventor named Toomes?

Why do threads get separated?

So they don't get to large I think, threads used to get huge and hundreds if pages long before the whole Thread Manager thing came around

@RedBlueWonder

Who's calling ASM a failure? If you're referring to me, reread what I actually said.

Do you think other Spider-Man villains could make a cameo in this film in their pre-villain state? Such as a scientist named Octavius or a engineer/inventor named Toomes?

So they don't get to large I think, threads used to get huge and hundreds if pages long before the whole Thread Manager thing came around

What's the problem with having large threads? It's not like people go back and reread everything.

Yes I hope we get a nod to either of those villains!
Here is what I hope the sequel *fixes*
- more daytime spidey
- a better villain overall
- please Finnish sub plot's, I want to know about that Indian guy...
- better action

- more daytime spidey
- better action

What else needs to be known about Ratha? He had a high level job at Oscorp, who was a dick and wanted to use old people to experiment on with the untested serum to cure his boss.

Yeah, sure, I can see that happening. Even if it's a small thing, like having the name "Octavius" appear in a newspaper, or something small like that. I always appreciate those little details.

- more daytime spidey
- better action

-Check. Most of the film seems to be at daylight. So far, we only have knowledge of one night sequence (Times Square).
-I hope so, Max seems like a really troubled person, a really interesting character.
-I would prefer the subplots to be Swedish, actually :p
-I don't know if it will be better, but it seems like there's a lot more of it. We have the Truck Chase, Rhino suit fight, Times Square, Oscorp's Power Plant (if the rumor was real), and potentially a fight with the Goblin. And we only have seen 5 min of the film!

By the way, this film needs more Spidey iconic poses. They were awesome in the first one.
amazingcelebutopia4.jpg

amazing-spider-man.jpg

amazing_spider-man_pose.jpg

Last edited:
I actually liked the idea of Peter sneaking out at night to be Spider-man in TASM, but it was something they could have made more apparent. I wish we got to see him sneaking out when May was asleep, etc. In TASM, he just 'happened' to be in the right place all the time.

Here's hoping we get to see a better setup in the sequel - I want to see him change in and out of the costume!

They started working on the script for TASM2 rather early, didn't they? From what I understand, the first draft was finished months before TASM was released when they hired Orci and Kurtzman to re-write it.

What rumors have been spread about the production? So far everything seems to be going well. They seemed to have done a really good job considering the issues of the first film, so logically they have to do even better now that everything is solid.

I was referring to the rumors about the plot i.e. the GG stuff. Whether or not you agree with those rumors is besides the point that the script itself was not an issue with this production. At least in terms of what we've heard, there doesn't seem to be any concern in that regard like there was with the first film.

Let's have a bit of fun, come up with some of the cheesiest lines that could be said in the film. I'll start by saying what everyone has being joking about since Foxx was selected as Electro.

"I like the way you fry boy"

Let's have a bit of fun, come up with some of the cheesiest lines that could be said in the film. I'll start by saying what everyone has being joking about since Foxx was selected as Electro.

"I like the way you fry boy"

I think that wins by default.

Electro doing the dance from Grease and saying "It's electrifying!" would be boss.

I bet $10 that he'll say the word "shock" or "shocking" during the movie.

I was referring to the rumors about the plot i.e. the GG stuff. Whether or not you agree with those rumors is besides the point that the script itself was not an issue with this production. At least in terms of what we've heard, there doesn't seem to be any concern in that regard like there was with the first film.
I guess the biggest issue, if you would even consider it one, is the removal of MJ from the film. I don't think its going to be a big deal though.

Wasn't DOFP having some script changes shortly before filming? I know they had to reduce Halle Berry's role in the film because she was pregnant, and a few actors were mad that they didn't have enough screen time. IDK how much this would impact the movie though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"