The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion - - - - - - Part 25

Doesn't it look like Garfield has put on weight here?

LF6f7eR.jpg

Ww6KUSF.jpg

Maybe trying to fill out the suit more?

Yeah I think to gain a tad more mass. That's my guess. He's been at the gym recently right? So he's probably building muscle.

you only need to watch evil dead 2 to understand how talented raimi is at framing and shooting action sequences.

i'm sorry but the way raimi moved the camera in his spider-man movies was more enthralling than webb. webb was/is new to action movies, he did an okay job, but far out guys, he did not conceptualize and realize the action sequences with as much bravado and confidence as raimi.

also, when u can render an entire action sequence in a computer, like the school corridor, you can put the camera where ever you like. hardly demands much creativity when you can watch the sequence from every possible angle and decide what looks good.

i agree with the previous poster about spider-man action being best when utilising motion.

gah, compare the crane sequence to the part in spider-man 2 when he gets knocked off the tracks and slides along the road before swinging back up. now that is how spider-man action should be.

I need to watch Spider-Man 2 again...

you only need to watch evil dead 2 to understand how talented raimi is at framing and shooting action sequences.

i'm sorry but the way raimi moved the camera in his spider-man movies was more enthralling than webb. webb was/is new to action movies, he did an okay job, but far out guys, he did not conceptualize and realize the action sequences with as much bravado and confidence as raimi.

also, when u can render an entire action sequence in a computer, like the school corridor, you can put the camera where ever you like. hardly demands much creativity when you can watch the sequence from every possible angle and decide what looks good.

i agree with the previous poster about spider-man action being best when utilising motion.

gah, compare the crane sequence to the part in spider-man 2 when he gets knocked off the tracks and slides along the road before swinging back up. now that is how spider-man action should be.

While I enjoy ASM alot more than Raimi's films, I do agree with this.

I certainly think that Raimi is better than Webb at action sequences and ED2 is a great example.

However, we really haven't seen a major action set piece in an outdoor environment from Webb. There is a learning process in just about everything so we'll have to wait and see how Webb picks up and gets more educated for action scenes.

There's no denying though the clock tower/train sequence will be very difficult to top...it can be done but it'll take some serious effort.

Still think Spider-Man 2 will be this decade's version of the original. An improvement on the original, captivating and widely considered an achievement for the genre.

I too am cautious concerning Webb's way of executing action sequences. They have to go all out with this film to win over the disappointed audiences. More than half my friends found Amazing Spider-Man bland.

It is really just amping up the action though? It's the story that took me out of the film, as well as an underdeveloped villain. The action was the least of my worries.

also, when u can render an entire action sequence in a computer, like the school corridor, you can put the camera where ever you like. hardly demands much creativity when you can watch the sequence from every possible angle and decide what looks good

Don't see your point here. You still need the vision to know what will look right and what won't when you're constructing the scene, even if it's in a computer.

I thought the story was ok, even though I noticed the cuts, it wasn't enough to take me out of it. And I thought Connors was better developed than Norman. Not trying to hate on the Raimi Movie, before someone tries to accuse me of that, but there wasn't anything that the first Movie did so much better.

There really was a lack of vision and motivation after Norman became the Goblin. So he took care of the people that almost cost him his job, and then what? He wants to rule the city, but how? Just by running amok and bombing places? Webb gave Connors a clear goal, motivation and plan. Goblin, after he secured his job, basically just keeps harassing Spider-Man.

Let me remind everyone also that "ASM" was Webb's second movie albeit a big studio movie. He went from a small, quirky independent film "(500) Days of Summer" to "Amazing Spider-Man." He essentially was jumping into territory he had never been into before. So, for the love of God least cut him some slack. He did what he could with the movie and I still say that it only floundered a little bit because of the editing. Otherwise, I think he made a decent movie.

Let me remind everyone also that "ASM" was Webb's second movie albeit a big studio movie. He went from a small, quirky independent film "(500) Days of Summer" to "Amazing Spider-Man." He essentially was jumping into territory he had never been into before. So, for the love of God least cut him some slack. He did what he could with the movie and I still say that it only floundered a little bit because of the editing. Otherwise, I think he made a decent movie.

:up:

He certainly went above my expectations. As far as action is concerned I thought he did a very good job.

Oh and btw, you may want to change your avatar. If a mod sees the foul language you may get an infraction.

While he did two movies beforehand, Nolan worked on a blockbuster CBM at his third try and hit it out of the park. Just saying that "we should cut him some slack" sounds like we should just treat him like a kid who's making their first mistakes. It isn't impossible for a director to making something grand, second or third try(and even then, Nolan's second attempt, INSOMNIA: Nolan's worst film to date).

Last edited:
While he did two movies beforehand, Nolan worked on a blockbuster CBM at his third try and hit it out of the park. Just saying that "we should cut him some slack" sounds like we should just treat him like a kid who's making their first mistakes. It isn't impossible for a director to making something grand, second or third try(and even then, Nolan's second attempt, Memento: Nolan's worst film to date).

You just lost all credibility. Ever.

You just lost all credibility. Ever.

Hahahahaha, I should....simply because I mis-typed. I meant Insomnia and I said Memento.

****eth :csad:

Well, if it makes me feel any better...just shows how I can easily forget about Insomnia.

Last edited:
Doesn't it look like Garfield has put on weight here?

LF6f7eR.jpg

Ww6KUSF.jpg

Maybe trying to fill out the suit more?
Old pic with Andrew wearing the same pants.

Yeah he definitely put on some mass. Can't wait to see him in the new suit.

the story is obviously very important. as are the characters that are changed from that story. but at the end of the day, it is an action movie, and i was left wanting more from the action scenes in tasm1. furthermore, webb is a character-director, with his indie sensibilities, so i am not too worried about the acting and character development in the sequel, unless the writers have truly screwed up.

an action movie with good action and nothing else is totally forgettable. like the first gi joe movie (i thought the chase in paris was very well done) for example.

for me, the sequel needs to have more thought out action sequences, especially when the cgi on spidey looks so good. otherwise it's a waste of my favourite fictional character :/

the story is obviously very important. as are the characters that are changed from that story. but at the end of the day, it is an action movie, and i was left wanting more from the action scenes in tasm1. furthermore, webb is a character-director, with his indie sensibilities, so i am not too worried about the acting and character development in the sequel, unless the writers have truly screwed up.

an action movie with good action and nothing else is totally forgettable. like the first gi joe movie (i thought the chase in paris was very well done) for example.

for me, the sequel needs to have more thought out action sequences, especially when the cgi on spidey looks so good. otherwise it's a waste of my favourite fictional character :/

If something leaves you wanting more doesnt that mean it was good?

chocolate cake, vacation time, Nolan's Batman trilogy.

ASM left me wanting more as well. Raimi's trilogy did not. Food for thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"