The Avengers The Avengers Post Screening Review & Discussion Thread (SPOILER FILLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated everything in the Transformers 3 action sequences. Nothing made sense and all the good stuff happened offscreen. Autobots getting captured. Optimus getting free and getting his flight tech.

Optimus gets nearly destroyed by Sentinel, saved by Megatron, and then Optimus destroys Megatron. Bleh.

Yea the end of Megatron was such an anti climax. The only really memorable part of the final battle was that bit where Optimus goes crazy and takes down like 10 Decepticons and Shockwave.

Yep yep. Fight scenes regardless of the scale should be brutal and efficient like in the real world.

Definitely brotha.... To me its about the strategy and execution. Its 6 versus and army (knowing SHIELD has there back) they should be trying to take out the source as quickly as possible.

The best battle scene in TF trilogy is still the one in ROTF where Prime was taking on Megatron, Starscream, and Blackout in the forest. But now I know why Optimus Prime's initial is O.P., because he is clearly overpowered in the movies. :o

Hahaha

I enjoyed the mindless action of the TF3 while I was in the theater, but I can't remember a single detail of it now. It was too long and OTT for any of it to stick with me.

Oh I love some mindless a** kicking also.. I mean I was crazy person watching the expendables. A lot of mindless action in there

It just killed me watching the group getting captured and the other stuck in powerlines cause he can't fly for ****. While the humans (army) saved them

its like if the Hulk locked himself in a closet by accident and the everyone else got caught while the army and nypd rescued them. I'd be like aawww come on

The best battle scene in TF trilogy is still the one in ROTF where Prime was taking on Megatron, Starscream, and Blackout in the forest. But now I know why Optimus Prime's initial is O.P., because he is clearly overpowered in the movies. :o

Hahaha

That's was a good scene

Avengers: showing Michael Bay how a battle for earth is really fought.

I agree here... Like the long battle at the end of TF3 started to ridiculous to me. I like my fights to make some sense and not being prolonged just to do it

I actually really liked TF3 so maybe right there tells you all you need to know about me....but...

I think where TF3 went right is the kept doing new crap in the sequence. it starts out normal TF fighting then it goes to the parachute bomber sequence (which for my money is the single best action/stunt/visual seqeunce ever) and then it goes to that brilliant snake drilling the skyscrapper madness.

I think where most of the Marvel movies fall short is they just kinda do a pretty "stock" big finale fight and don't put any real imagination into it.

it's probably a good thing, but in Marvel movies I would say "if they put half as much effort into the action as they did the characters they would be unbelievable movies.' which is funny because most action movies the company line is "if they put half as much effort into the story as they did the action the movie would be unbelievable."

Avengers has potential to offer some of the most unique fight sequences in one single movie due to the nature of all our different hereos....I will be dissapointed if they don't take advantage of that and give us something unique....length is not the end of the world...but a final battle can certainly be too short

Word has it the UK audience who recently saw a final cut of The Avengers loved it. No dull moments and very character driven. The highlights regarding action were Thor and Hulk. Very emotional performances from RDJ and Evans. Hiddleston's Loki trumps his turn in Thor. Only negative thing I've heard is that they final battle could have been a bit longer. The after credits scene is the longest one of any MS film yet.

Thor and Hulk being the highlights regarding the action is perfect, I'm not putting much stock into the "final battle could've been longer" thing because they probably expect something like TF3.

I don't think the length of it will affect its epicness. If it's epic, it's epic.

I actually really liked TF3 so maybe right there tells you all you need to know about me....but...

I think where TF3 went right is the kept doing new crap in the sequence. it starts out normal TF fighting then it goes to the parachute bomber sequence (which for my money is the single best action/stunt/visual seqeunce ever) and then it goes to that brilliant snake drilling the skyscrapper madness.

I think where most of the Marvel movies fall short is they just kinda do a pretty "stock" big finale fight and don't put any real imagination into it.

it's probably a good thing, but in Marvel movies I would say "if they put half as much effort into the action as they did the characters they would be unbelievable movies.' which is funny because most action movies the company line is "if they put half as much effort into the story as they did the action the movie would be unbelievable."

Avengers has potential to offer some of the most unique fight sequences in one single movie due to the nature of all our different hereos....I will be dissapointed if they don't take advantage of that and give us something unique....length is not the end of the world...but a final battle can certainly be too short

I can agree with what you said.... I just felt the autobots didn't put up that great of a fight except for Prime.... Which was a consistent theme in the series... But I do think the soldier's actions were cool as ****... Just thought the robots on the good side was lacking. But you make valid points.

I'm looking forward to the movie and the action scenes... I think they will surprise us. Can't wait!!

Last edited:
I think there will be much more screenings in the next two weeks, so we might get some more confirmation about our questions about the movie soon.

There's going to be a post-credits scene?A hint of Avengers 2 or something for CA2 or what???

No the post-credits scene is Cap vs. Iron Man which is why it is so long.

Per Poni_Boy :D

Why not just have that scene in the full movie?

Longest after credit scene yet?! :Awesome:

All I know is if I have work that day in the afternoon...I will be the happiest there that I've ever been.

To co-worker: Hey man...guess what I just got back from?
Co-Worker: What?
Me:...:awesome: The Avengers! Saw a screening in the city!
Co-Worker: ...:dry: you bastard!
(Walks away with trolling attitude)

LuisTX, I was just joking around. I was calling back to an April Fool's joke from Poni_Boy that had some people going for a bit.

Word has it the UK audience who recently saw a final cut of The Avengers loved it. No dull moments and very character driven. The highlights regarding action were Thor and Hulk. Very emotional performances from RDJ and Evans. Hiddleston's Loki trumps his turn in Thor. Only negative thing I've heard is that they final battle could have been a bit longer. The after credits scene is the longest one of any MS film yet.
This sounds great. Thor and Hulk should be able to pull off the most spectacular things and it can't be better when the character driven story is put ahead of action sequences.

How do we know that the final battle is the battle in the city? The final battle is probably just them against loki or... something more

IF RDJ gives an emotional performance..I wonder IF it's in a conversation with Steve where he talks about Tony's father!?

LuisTX, I was just joking around. I was calling back to an April Fool's joke from Poni_Boy that had some people going for a bit.
I'm pretty sure that was UltimateHero or something like that. Not poni

How do we know that the final battle is the battle in the city? The final battle is probably just them against loki or... something more

Exactly, that was my thinking aswell.

It might've been UltimateHero. I think I get them mixed up because Poni_Boy does some "insider" stuff on here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"