The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

The writing feels pretty clearly on the wall that they have plans in motion to make Pattinson the DCU Batman if its the one ongoing series that isn't being futzed with. I will be very surprised at this point if that doesn't wind up being the case.

Gunn stated that Matt Reeves was the first person he called after taking DC job. Also, Rob loves playing the character and he is still in his 30's.
Oh, even if Reeves (tragically) walks over creative differences everything tells me Rob would still sign up to be the DCU Batman in a goddamn heartbeat unless the pitch was complete garbage.

Reeves or bust!

Although I'll still watch Battinson as long as he appears anywhere. :O

Leaving Batman aside, I am just happy this means we'll hopefully get a proper rebooted Superman film and I won't have to watch a movie where The Rock in a near career worst performance beats the **** out of him like a bad self-insert fan fic.

I used to think the odds of Pattinson being part of the DCEU were non-existent. Right now? I can see it. We live in a world where Tobey and Andrew are part of the MCU, Jackman and Keaton are back, even Fox Xavier got back... never doubt anything.

The writing feels pretty clearly on the wall that they have plans in motion to make Pattinson the DCU Batman if its the one ongoing series that isn't being futzed with. I will be very surprised at this point if that doesn't wind up being the case.
It's extremely obvious.
Gunn wants to make a DCU that's connected across live action movies + shows + animation and here you have a guy that's already handling Batman (their MOST important IP) through live action movies + shows + even animation counting Caped Crusader.
It's also someone that both Gunn and Zaslav really really like.
Like it or not the best shot DC has to have a connected universe that can compete with Marvel is by using the foundation Reeves has built. The Batman is their Iron Man. You introduce another Batman to the mix they're already ****ing up.

I also think there’s a relatively easy middle ground where Reeves can make his movies with minimal references to any ongoing story arcs with other characters while Battinson gets into JL adventures between movies. It doesn’t necessarily HAVE to be an MCU situation where individual films are overflowing with references and Easter eggs.

I also think there’s a relatively easy middle ground where Reeves can make his movies with minimal references to any ongoing story arcs with other characters while Battinson gets into JL adventures between movies. It doesn’t necessarily HAVE to be an MCU situation where individual films are overflowing with references and Easter eggs.
Also Gunn and Pattinson 100% seem to me like two people that'd get along extremely well with each other.

If they do actually build the DCU off of The Batman stuff, I hope that the metahuman/alien/sci-fi/fantasy stuff gets built up slowly starting immediately with The Batman 2.

It would be very jarring to have Battinson go up against a guy with a weird laugh, green hair, and chemical burns in the Batman 3 to meeting an alien in blue tights with a red cape in Worlds Finest immediately after.

If they do actually build the DCU off of The Batman stuff, I hope that the metahuman/alien/sci-fi/fantasy stuff gets built up slowly starting immediately with The Batman 2.

It would be very jarring to have Battinson go up against a guy with a weird laugh, green hair, and chemical burns in the Batman 3 to meeting an alien in blue tights with a red cape in Worlds Finest immediately after.
See, I have never agreed with that because Batman fundamentally and inherently matches with all that stuff by the very nature of the character to me. No matter how grounded and realistic a world you set him in if you plop him next to Superman it's Fine because Batman, in virtually every iteration, lives in a world with Superman in it. It's just the default state for the character in my eyes.

Our sexy detective isn’t going anywhere, ugh.

Whatever becomes of the DCU… it’ll be Batman-less (which is more than capable) or with a different Batman.

This Batman (hell, most Batmen) is too cool to be watered down by the greater Justice League universe.

Our sexy detective isn’t going anywhere, ugh.

Whatever becomes of the DCU… it’ll be Batman-less (which is more than capable) or with a different Batman.

This Batman (hell, most Batmen) is too cool to be watered down by the greater Justice League universe.
A JL film with Battinson on it would make more money than a JL Film that has to introduce a new Batman. That's ultimately what this comes down to, and that's why Battinson will be the new DCU.

Invader joker acting again like he knows everything and he's inside those people's heads and knows them inside out.
Like when Matt Reeves was supposed be this massive Batman fan expert who knew every damn comics but it turns out that he started reading a Batman comic just for the movie, or like when recently you claimed that Pattinson was going to be for sure on the Gotham PD show (because his schedule!!!!).
You never get tired of pretending you're inside these guys' heads and jumping to foolish conclusions so quickly. You're not Pattinson's best friend, sorry I don't want to be rude but stop assuring what he likes and what he doesn't like, and if we took as reference his opinions about film a bit, you would be wrong.
The only thing we know 100% thanks to all the parties involved, including Zaslav, is that everything is going as planned. And The Batman is a movie pretty much distanced from all those CBMs just like Joker, so it's not shocking. Reeves already fought for his universe and the fact that we're talking about this stuff at this point is hilarous.

"It's extremely obvious." Ok sir:funny: no.

Last edited:
Invader joker acting again like he knows everything and he's inside those people's heads and knows them inside out.
Like when Matt Reeves was supposed this massive Batman fan expert who knew all the comics but it turns out that he started reading a Batman comic just for the movie, or like when recently you claimed that Pattinson was for sure going to be on Gotham PD show (because his schedule!!!!).
You never get tired of pretending you're inside these guys' heads and jumping to foolish conclusions so quickly. You're not Pattinson's best friend, sorry I don't want to be rude but stop assuring what he likes and what he doesn't like, and if we took as reference his opinions about film a bit, you would be wrong.
The only thing we know 100% thanks to all the parties involved, including Zaslav, is that everything is going as planned. And The Batman is a movie pretty much distanced from all those CBMs just like Joker, so it's not shocking. Reeves already fighted for his universe and the fact that we're talking about this stuff at this point is hilarous.

Lose the needlessly aggressive tone.

Like when Matt Reeves was supposed be this massive Batman fan expert who knew every damn comics but it turns out that he started reading a Batman comic just for the movie, or like when recently you claimed that Pattinson was going to be for sure on the Gotham PD show (because his schedule!!!!).
The only thing we know 100% thanks to all the parties involved, including Zaslav, is that everything is going as planned. And The Batman is a movie pretty much distanced from all those CBMs just like Joker, so it's not shocking. Reeves already fought for his universe and the fact that we're talking about this stuff at this point is hilarous.

Seeing how since I claimed that, Reeves basically confirmed that show would've shown how Gordon and Batman became friends I wasn't wrong.
And Matt Reeves IS a big Batman comic fan. Whether he started being one since 2017 or before it's irrelevant, as things stand now and the way he talks about the character it's quite obvious.
I'm not inside their heads but I can make guesses based on statements and things I'm perceiving. Obviously nothing is fact until it is.

I agree with this. I also find Pattinson’s Batman to be pretty ideal for a Justice League take. He would crush being the slightly paranoid, mysterious, smartest guy in the room.

I'm honestly tired of arguing about this.

If Pattinson is up for starring as Batman in DCU adjacent projects, all the power to him. But I 110% do not want that **** bleeding over into Reeves' projects if his preference is to keep those self-contained. End of story.

A JL film with Battinson on it would make more money than a JL Film that has to introduce a new Batman. That's ultimately what this comes down to, and that's why Battinson will be the new DCU.
Gunn respects Reeves… he doesn’t need to do that.

So... given the recent DC news, are we concerned that the Reevesverse is going to end up being a casualty of the Gunn DCU reboot or is he just going to integrate it into the overall universe?

So... given the recent DC news, are we concerned that the Reevesverse is going to end up being a casualty of the Gunn DCU reboot or is he just going to integrate it into the overall universe?
I don't know. Personally, I can't even wrap my head around the idea of aliens and demigods and robots existing in the world we saw in The Batman. People gave Nolan grief for going the "realistic" route. I'd argue Reeves took that even further. Nah, if Superman just popped up in The Batman 2 I don't think I'd be able to reconcile it at all.

If I'm Gunn, I'm leaving Reeves to do his thing but I'm also asking Pattinson just how serious he was about (and I'm paraphrasing) "playing Batman until they won't have me anymore."

Gunn respects Reeves… he doesn’t need to do that.
I think precisely because Gunn respects Reeves he might be the only studio head that could ever convince him to be involved in something like this.

I don't know. Personally, I can't even wrap my head around the idea of aliens and demigods and robots existing in the world we saw in The Batman. People gave Nolan grief for going the "realistic" route. I'd argue Reeves took that even further. Nah, if Superman just popped up in The Batman 2 I don't think I'd be able to reconcile it at all.

If I'm Gunn, I'm leaving Reeves to do his thing but I'm also asking Pattinson just how serious he was about (and I'm paraphrasing) "playing Batman until they won't have me anymore."
Mhm, I'd honestly prefer if the Reevesverse was kept self-contained even if some folks might disagree. I'm also not really sure if this reboot thing will affect Folie à Deux in any way.

Both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"