The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Im definitely happy Matt Reeves Batman universe is safe, but it is sad to see Wonder Woman go down like this. I get that WW84 was divisive, but that first film was big and I thought there was more story to tell. We'll see what comes next I guess.

So... given the recent DC news, are we concerned that the Reevesverse is going to end up being a casualty of the Gunn DCU reboot or is he just going to integrate it into the overall universe?

The article that was posted discussed that...

Im definitely happy Matt Reeves Batman universe is safe, but it is sad to see Wonder Woman go down like this. I get that WW84 was divisive, but that first film was big and I thought there was more story to tell. We'll see what comes next I guess.

There probably was but Patty really went sideways. She got creative control, made a film almost no one liked (and they saw it in a Pandemic on streaming!) then decided to make a big deal out of making a Star Wars film everyone who really thought about it knew was never going to be made. Since then has she even really discussed WW3 or has there even been a rumor about it?

WW is one of my fave origin films...but the sequel killed momentum. I mean Cheetah...yikes!

As for what should be the new DCU...I dont care I find connected universes to be annoying and they hamper storytelling.

Apart from some obvious flaws I actually quite like WW84. I’ll take ultra earnest, campy Donner throwback over almost anything else the genre has to offer these days.

Rebooting is absolutely the right move it just feels… wrong to cast Jenkins trilogy aside. Our massive bias aside, WW was probably a way bigger deal than The Batman was regardless of it having an underwhelming sequel. It was a huge deal.

Apart from some obvious flaws I actually quite like WW84. I’ll take ultra earnest, campy Donner throwback over almost anything else the genre has to offer these days.

Rebooting is absolutely the right move it just feels… wrong to cast Jenkins trilogy aside. Our massive bias aside, WW was probably a way bigger deal than The Batman was regardless of it having an underwhelming sequel. It was a huge deal.

I think the hate WW84 gets, is overrated.
Not for that one specific thing mind you, that was ****ed up on their part....but in general i like the movie.

We are so used to Trilogy movie series that yeah, it would feel strange to not make a WW3.
As if they didnt get their swan song so to speak, as if something is missing.
Thats why im still hanging onto the idea of a Third burton batman, because it just feels like the trilogy needs to be finished.

WW in general or just WW84? Yes of course.
I mean yeah the batman was cool and all...but the First Big WW solo movie and all, Wonder Woman getting the time to shine she deserves...was way bigger than another Batman movie, no matter how awesome it was.
Like we have a ton of cool Batman stuff, hell we get a whole bunch of cool batman movies...but for WW? not too much.
So yeah, WW was a bigger thing.

They stop with Wonder Woman and Gadot? Thats not cool.

I doubt even if the Rumors are true, they would stop with WW.
Reboot and Recast i assume...if its true.

Yeah they wont stop with WW but its a pity if they will reboot and recast.

Totally agree. It's far from a perfect movie, but I don't understand why it was hated as much as it was. Also, gals portrayal has become iconic too, and I personally don't see the GA taking it well if she is recast.

Shew, I just saw where Gadot posted on Instagram on how she can't wait for the fans to see the next chapter or something like that couple of days ago.

They can just say, well we arent interested in a next chapter and think it will be no succes again.

This piece is a gem and just keeps fueling my desire for Reeves’ interpretation of Freeze.

C33666F0-B3F9-41CB-A80E-C9A1FAEF4D1E.jpeg

They can just say, well we arent interested in a next chapter and think it will be no succes again.

I highly doubt anyone will care in the long run. They almost never do. If the last film was a success maybe but it wasn't nor were the teamups she was in. (Not that was in any way her fault)

The problem with WW84 for me was it was boring and the villain sucked. Patty really screwed up Cheetah and the wishing stone/Max Lord storyline wasn't good enough to carry the film. I could look past all of the terrible plot choices and the ridiculous Steve Trevor stuff but you need something to pique interest. I honestly fell asleep halfway through. My gf wanted to turn it off and she lives WW cause she is a Greek Woman!

I feel for Gal no doubt but I would put half the blame off this on Patty and the rest on the former leadership of WB.

If they are starting fresh with a universe they need to recast and WW3 would be out of place anyways.

This pre MCU day type movie with a filmmaker just wanting to tell a Batman story is a breath of fresh air. The whole approach to this movie was to move Batman away from fantasy and do a gritty 70s neo noir. It's like if Travis Bickle showed up in a Richard Donner Superman movie. It just doesn't make any sense.

That’s ****ing devastating man. I’ve waited like my whole life for a Batman Beyond style movie with Michael Keaton

It wouldn't have been a proper BB film though. It would have been set in the present in the DCEU. Basically Batgirl but with a guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"