The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

I'm really glad to see that, truly.

James Mangold is currently doing the same with his upcoming Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (2023) - which is currently being dredged through the mud by "go woke, go broke" grifters who are putting up false rumours and lying about the film's content in the name of being "anti-woke".

These "scoopers", "leakers", and rage-bait YouTubers are really doing a number on fandom. The amount of false information that spills onto people from this angertainment culture is harmful.

Because it's not about art to these people - it's about politicizing and weaponizing art. Filmmakers agreed to make films - not have to be at the forefront of a manufactured culture war.

So I hope more filmmakers start calling this stuff out like Gunn and Mangold are.

Even The Batman was dredged a bit for casting non-white actors for Catwoman/Gordon, as well has the "white privileged" line from Selina.

Plus they don't need to do that anyways...the trailer did enough to trash the film ;)

James Mangold doesn't make bad movies. Can't wait for Indy V to shock all who is doubting and become one of the best films of 2023.

He's got one heck of a track record.

I just picked up the Best Buy steelbook of '3:10 To Yuma'. Still one of my favourite westerns and one of the only great remakes, I've ever seen.

He's got one heck of a track record.

I just picked up the Best Buy steelbook of '3:10 To Yuma'. Still one of my favourite westerns and one of the only great remakes, I've ever seen.
Oh I gotta add that to my collection! One of my favorite westerns ever. Same for Ford vs Ferrari. I also think The Wolverine is super underrated.

It really is one of the best westerns. I also think Cop Land doesn't get mentioned enough.

A more futuristic Burton Gotham would be the most beautiful thing ever.
And i keep thinking of the potential many characters, for example scarecrow would have in Burtons universe.
I feel like Burton paved the way for the animated series and it's look, which then, well is now iconic history.

100%. If they're wrong - then whomever had 'reshoots' due to the backlash, thanks to the grifters' videos.

I'm so tired of being recommended Nerdrotic, The Quartering, Critical Drinker, Geeks & Gamers, and so on - simply because the algorithm sees I like geeky stuff, I must want to see these channels, right?

I've not clicked on any of these jerks' videos - yet they're constantly shoved onto my YouTube feed.
God, I know - I feel so insulted by the algorithm. The right wing scumbag nerd pipeline is real. Hate to imagine how many kids just looking up Star Wars on YouTube have fallen down it.

I subscribe to nothing on YouTube and never comment or like so the algorithm has limited impact on me.

Then you are watching something clickbaity...

I would rather say that subscriptions but also, and especially, the "careful" selection of the content in general, are enough to make Youtube a fantastic streaming platform. It's actually the one I use the most. It gives me access to material like nowhere else, both for my work and hobbies. Same thing with Instagram. If I look at the app, which I use primarily for work, it looks pretty much like artstation or behance. It becomes what you choose it to become.

However, every time I catch a glimpse of these things without being logged into my account, I admit that my natural mishantropy gets worse... very fast.

Last edited:
I subscribe to nothing on YouTube and never comment or like so the algorithm has limited impact on me.
Does the algo need comments, likes or subs to do that? I get pretty good recommendations just based on what I’ve viewed and viewed most.

James Mangold doesn't make bad movies. Can't wait for Indy V to shock all who is doubting and become one of the best films of 2023.
Wonder if he’d ever be interested in making a Batman film.

just-leave-it-alone-edward-cullen.gif

If that's true, only explore it and leave it at that. Let Reeves continue to play in his own sandbox. I can't see a scenario where he'd want to have his universe roped into the main one.

There’s also whether Pattinson himself would be up for it, and I can’t imagine he would be happy if Reeves walked away.

I had a feeling this was going to happened. The Batman was successful and its a fresh start away from Snyderverse and Hamadaverse. Its easy for Gunn to be like "Hey, lets start with The Batman as the starting point for our DCU" The problem is how does Reeves feel about this and does Rob have the same mindset like Bale in terms of only wanted work with Nolan.

I'm exploring if all the toilets in my school flush equally badly...doesn't mean they do ;) (or don't)

Ultimately, I don't see this happening. WBD and Gunn/Safran would be crazy to try and crowbar Reeves' universe into the main DC universe. There's a reason that Matt Reeves wanted absolutely control and autonomy to do his own thing.

So while I'm sure they've thought about it, given how much of a hit The Batman was, I don't see them trying to force Reeves to do this. He'd walk if that happened, and then the studio would be without one of their bigger gets for a DC property.

Well we gotta wait and see first.
Like thats the major thing, we need to know about the plan first.
But the thing is, if we talk about Robert Pattinson as Batman and not neccessary Reeves Batman...im all for it.
But again, all a wait and see thing.
Because we dont know where Reeves goes, if he goes on his own more into a fantastical direction or not.

I could definitly see Pattinson as Batman in the DCU, Matt Reeves Robert Pattinson Batman...thats a bit harder to imagine.

Either way, if the new plan has batman in it, i dont care who it is...i need it more fantastical and less grounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"