• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Rogues gallery is adding up.

Carmine Falcone
Catwoman
Joker
Penguin
Riddler
Sofia Falcone
Salvatore Maroni
Could use a Mad Hatter and a Hugo Strange IMHO.

Gonna watch it tonight in a couple of hours, to commemorate the one year anniversary of my own first viewing.

I'm ready to cry

I did in fact cry.

God, the fact this movie even exists in the way it does still blows my ****ing mind.

Matt Reeves really looked at a superhero who's about as iconic as the goddamn McDonalds M and decided "yeah I wanna make a 150 million dollar 3 hour long detective thriller about how a man learns to overcome his demons through striving to be better and hoping for a better tomorrow"

what the ****

HOW WAS THAT ALLOWED TO BE MADE IN THIS CURRENT ERA OF TRYING TO COPY THE MCU WITH MEDIOCRE CAPE**** MADE FOR PROFIT

My brain can't comprehend it. But that doesn't matter. Because it does exist. And I will forever be grateful for that, as someone who gravitated to Batman so hard because he gave me that exact same realization of how to overcome my personal demons. The Batman is an honest to god love letter to the character of Batman in the same way that SM1 and SM2 are a love letter to Spider-Man. I will forever be grateful to Matt Reeves for creating that. Whatever he does next, I'm there and I'm all in.

Last edited:
Happy one year anniversary of The Batman releasing in theaters!

It’s in my top favorite films list for a bunch of reasons that I could spend countless amounts of forum posts detailing, but I’ll keep it simple: it’s the Batman/superhero movie I’ve always wanted.

Probably gonna give it a rewatch later (#4, I think).

Austin Butler
Paul Mescal
Miles Teller
Chris Abbott

This are my picks, I think Butler is the most likely to get it since he has no upcoming projects other than Dune and a few more

If the Fantastic Four thing doesn't go through, Penn Badgley

9addca03aef1a05e91ae66b697b4bd5a0d5814b5.gifv

Or Michiel Huisman

a4bf693bde8c2647a47a8e1c653f99ab3c903cb2.gifv

I could go for Badgley too.

In general though, and maybe it’s just the underachiever in me speaking, but I’m not really seeing 90s babies like Butler and Boyega as the best candidates for a character who’s a District Attorney. Just feel way too young.

If Essen is in the mix, I’d go with Betty Gilpin. She’s got a hardened energy about her.

Mia Goth as a f***ed up Silver St. Cloud
silver st cloud isn't supposed to be ****ed up, goth is straight up quinn or ivy material but I don't think we'll see them in this trilogy

upload_2023-3-5_22-12-8.jpeg
This will probably be the route they go with Harv

I kind of hope the make-up team doesn’t go too buckwild in terms of making Two-Face look like a real acid victim, because… those photos can be rough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"