• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it ain’t a small role. Every even vaguely believable source has called him a co-lead. I have very few doubts about the rumours he’s a key player in their plans moving forward.

Yeah, no way is Keaton's role small. If anything, it sounds like Affleck is the one with limited screen time.

Keaton talking about how he might drop out and hasn’t read the script yet but he’ll dive into it soon...sorry but it sounds like it’s a much smaller role. You don’t just go “I’m not sure if I’m gonna do it because of covid, I’m not b.s’ing you” when there’s weeks away from shooting. I think even Jett may have said it was a small role as Bruce Wayne and Affleck’s is like an extended cameo.

Keaton talking about how he might drop out and hasn’t read the script yet but he’ll dive into it soon...sorry but it sounds like it’s a much smaller role. You don’t just go “I’m not sure if I’m gonna do it because of covid, I’m not b.s’ing you” when there’s weeks away from shooting. I think even Jett may have said it was a small role as Bruce Wayne and Affleck’s is like an extended cameo.
Keaton dropped out of Spider-Man and Woody Harrelson's contract was all but signed before he came back.

Besides his off screen issues I thought Miller was good as Flash. Not amazing but hardly a detriment.
He got more bearable in the Snyder cut as the movie went on, I'll give him that. I think mainly because they reined in the attempts at comedy.

Also I think Harrelson has become overexposed.

Jett has said the opposite: that Keaton is a co-lead and a franchise staple going forward.

Flash is about five minutes away from shooting. Keaton dropping out would be all over the trades by now.

I’m sure he’ll do it. But if it’s a co-lead spot, I wouldn’t be telling ppl that I may not do it if it’s not safe. I don’t remember Jett saying that but okay if you say so. I just believe it’ll be a small role.

He got more bearable in the Snyder cut as the movie went on, I'll give him that. I think mainly because they reined in the attempts at comedy.

Also I think Harrelson has become overexposed.

I could see Harrelson being "okay" as Toomes, but I prefer Keaton.

Honestly, I think Keaton was likely just being weird, haha. Sounds like he has a lot on his plate and was a bit stressed from it all plus Covid concerns. He's almost 70, it's a lot. The idea of him commiting long term to the role moving forward does seem a bit unlike him though. I'll believe that part when I see it

But yeah I also think we're just about at the point or very close to it where we'd hear about it if he was actually dropping out of Flashpoint.

Yeah, if you read interviews with Keaton about bigger movies this is just how he talks about them. I don't think he particularly enjoys talking about these kind of projects at this stage of development.

I think Keaton meant he had yet to read the latest draft of the screenplay, as he was busy with his TV show Dopesick.

His show reportedly shoots until May, so he has time and hopefully the UK will be in an even better situation with COVID by the time he flies over.

Their same day streaming plan was never gonna go beyond 2021. Studios miss theaters too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"