The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Batman 1989, Returns, Forever - 5,6 maybeeee 7?
Batman and Robin - 2
The Dark Knight trilogy - at least double digits. Don't think if I've cracked 20 though. Probably in the 10-13 range. Especially rises
BvS - a lot. probably like 7-10 times.
LEGO Batman Movie - 3 or 4 times.

Batman the animated series - whole series twice over. My favorite episodes countless times.
The batman tv show - whole series once over. Favorite episodes rewatched a few times.
Brave and the bold - whole series once over. Re watched chill of the night 2 or 3 times.
Beware the batman - whole series once over. My favorite episodes rewatched a lot of times.
Still working on the Adam west batman show on and off here and there.

Last edited:
Screw it lets go all the way

Replayed both telltale batman games 3 or 4 times.

Arkham games? Damn near embarrassed to say. It's a literal inside joke now with my friends who know me well enough. 20-27/28 times for each one. Origins maybe a tad less. I was obsessed. Still kinda am. They got me into comics and batman.

I remember when Arkham Asylum was coming out. People were so impressed by the fluid combat system and they had released a demo, which just blew me away. Was talking with my friend about the game the next fall. Arkham Asylum became instantly iconic and of course we got the incredible Arkham City a few years later too. Man the late 2000s was an incredible time to be a batman fan. I was 15 in 2008 and it felt like nothing could go wrong with Batman. He was everywhere.

I first got into Batman very young with TAS in the late 90s. I was a fan of schumacher films then too haha.

I remember when Arkham Asylum was coming out. People were so impressed by the fluid combat system and they had released a demo, which just blew me away. Was talking with my friend about the game the next fall. Arkham Asylum became instantly iconic and of course we got the incredible Arkham City a few years later too. Man the late 2000s was an incredible time to be a batman fan. I was 15 in 2008 and it felt like nothing could go wrong with Batman. He was everywhere.

I first got into Batman very young with TAS in the late 90s. I was a fan of schumacher films then too haha.
Man I knooooow. Hell life and the world itself seemed much simpler and purer then as well. I hope the Reeves trilogy + HBO Max animated show + maaaaybe another batman game series for PS5 can recapture that early 2000s batman magic.

Batman the animated series - whole series twice over. My favorite episodes countless times.
The batman tv show - whole series once over. Favorite episodes rewatched a few times.
Brave and the bold - whole series once over. Re watched chill of the night 2 or 3 times.
Beware the batman - whole series once over. My favorite episodes rewatched a lot of times.
Still working on the Adam west batman show on and off here and there.
I’m currently rewatching the Adam West show as well. Just started season three this morning, it’s been my Saturday morning ritual these past several months...

I’m currently rewatching the Adam West show as well. Just started season three this morning, it’s been my Saturday morning ritual these past several months...

Season three is rough, but West is still fully committed and is clearly doing alot of heavy lifting.

Craig as Batgirl helps, but frankly it's one character too many in a 22 minute show.

Season three is rough, but West is still fully committed and is clearly doing alot of heavy lifting.

Craig as Batgirl helps, but frankly it's one character too many in a 22 minute show.
Not for me. I absolutely love the character and Yvonne’s take on it. I’ve heard they were even considering a spin off series at one point.

I just started my first full watch of the series today. I've seen an episode here or there but never anything more than a handful.

Is a new animated series on HBO Max confirmed?

Someone posted some of that RPK dude's latest "news" on Reddit and it sounds like not so great fanfiction.

DanielRPK aside, like him or not bill has been on the money at every turn with this movie. He has connections. As does Kevin Smith. Both of them saying a new batman show may be coming is enough for me to consider it a strong possibility.

Yeah I agree.

People pick on Jett because he’s straight forward, doesn’t do the fake scoop game like everyone else (he runs a site with a early 2000’s design as if he cares what ppl think). And because he shows an attitude towards Batman mixing it up with super-powered heroes. Which is funny because a lot of us actually come on here now and say the same stuff, about how drained we are of that crossover nonsense. Sure, he could boast about having connections which rubs ppl the wrong way but he actually DOES have connections unlike the other scoopers who never have proof and get one thing right out of 15.

Kevin Smith has connections but Kev screws up the details all the time. I’d rather trust sober Ramey. He has nothing else to gain but to just be a older Batman fan at this point. He likes what he likes and speaks his mind when he doesn’t like something. I respect that even if he has a-hole moments. I’ll take that over fake Hollywood attitudes or lying to a bunch of fans so you can squeeze 5 dollars a month out of them for a patreon.

Ramey has a history of being a bit of an arrogant clod but he's legit. When he says something I at least take it seriously.

Jett is fine in my book. In a world of clickbait garbage and toxic fans on social media, his site is a breath of fresh air in 2021. He can be arrogant but he's also right a lot of the time. His choices on how to run the site, not doing spoilers etc. were ahead of the curve in terms of what internet fan "journalism" has turned into for the most part.

Also, while I'd be excited to see a BTAS revival, I'd have some apprehension too. I doubt they could capture the same magic without Shirley Walker and with more modern animation. And Bruce Timm would need to check his weird Bruce/Barbara fetish at the door. But I'm also in the "why not?" camp. It's absurd that they won't just create a new Batman animated show, but if they won't...may as well give this a shot when a lot of the people involved continue to work on other Batman projects.

Last edited:
Oh my God, I wish people would stop blaming Bruce Timm for the Bruce/Barbara stuff.

1.) The initial idea on Batman Beyond came from Alan Burnett, who felt it might be interesting if Barbara had an infatuation with Bruce and decided to stay in Gotham. She hints at a relationship, but Terry never hears Bruce's side of that story, so it could be something that Barbara embellished.

2.) It's progression in Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman (DTV), clearly shows Bruce is uncomfortable around Barbara when she is flirting with him, signifying that he doesn't know how to let her down gently. Bruce Timm had NO involvement with this movie. It was produced by... you guessed it... Alan Burnett.

3.) The recent Batman Beyond comics by DC are not canon to the show, so ignore that whole pregnancy nonsense. Just terrible.

4.) Yes, Bruce Timm did produce Batman: The Killing Joke, but it seems the sex scene was something he simply went along with. Something that was developed in the writer's room with Brian Azzarello (poor choice) and, yep... Alan Burnett (Co-Producer).

While Bruce Timm gets the majority of the credit for the DCAU, he was not a dictator on the shows and others had ideas too. Not every idea is gold, but if fans would stop blindlly praising or blindly bashing one person, that would be great. Sorry, BatLobster, I'm seeing this everywhere and it's just old hat at this point.

Isn’t the first suggestion of Bruce and Barbara in Over the Edge?

Oh my God, I wish people would stop blaming Bruce Timm for the Bruce/Barbara stuff.

1.) The initial idea on Batman Beyond came from Alan Burnett, who felt it might be interesting if Barbara had an infatuation with Bruce and decided to stay in Gotham. She hints at a relationship, but Terry never hears Bruce's side of that story, so it could be something that Barbara embellished.

2.) It's progression in Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman (DTV), clearly shows Bruce is uncomfortable around Barbara when she is flirting with him, signifying that he doesn't know how to let her down gently. Bruce Timm had NO involvement with this movie. It was produced by... you guessed it... Alan Burnett.

3.) The recent Batman Beyond comics by DC are not canon to the show, so ignore that whole pregnancy nonsense. Just terrible.

4.) Yes, Bruce Timm did produce Batman: The Killing Joke, but it seems the sex scene was something he simply went along with. Something that was developed in the writer's room with Brian Azzarello (poor choice) and, yep... Alan Burnett (Co-Producer).

While Bruce Timm gets the majority of the credit for the DCAU, he was not a dictator on the shows and others had ideas too. Not every idea is gold, but if fans would stop blindlly praising or blindly bashing one person, that would be great. Sorry, BatLobster, I'm seeing this everywhere and it's just old hat at this point.

No it's cool! Now I feel silly for regurgitating it without researching it enough. Thanks for clearing that up and restoring my faith in Timm a bit. It was really TKJ thing where my eyes just rolled all the way to the back of my head and I became concerned that this thing kept cropping up again and again. It's weird.

I will amend my statement and say, I hope Alan Burnett checks that stuff at the door of he's involved with any possible BTAS revival. Especially in the current climate, that would just land with such a thud.

I might be conflating things in my head, what episode is this from?

SC38.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"