The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knows something about Keoghan. Uslan tells him stuff and he has other ppl feeding him info like “I was told The Batman makes TDK trilogy look like Star Wars”. And he has hinted many times that Reeves is going for a R rating. Whether Matt gets that rating or not remains to be seen.

That seems a bit harsh. I understand what he was going for, but still.

I think if there wasn't covid, chances of this being R would be higher. After Logan, Deadpool, Joker's success... and in fact, a Batman movie needs to be horrible to be a failure ( cof, cof, Batman & Robin).
Now, they are certainly working to get everyone back at the movies. This being R would kill this very badly.

That seems a bit harsh. I understand what he was going for, but still.
Alex!! How goes it?

I don’t think it’s harsh, I mean, I said the same thing about tdk trilogy after I saw Joker. I think Jett’s source is probably just being truthful. I watch a lot of dark indie thrillers and horror so to me Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are like tame fun blockbusters by comparison. I think ppl tend to exaggerate the grit of those movies. Nolan’s trilogy isn’t fluffy like Star Wars but I would compare it to Cameron’s Terminator. The Batman so far feels more in line with Seven, Silence of the Lambs, Chinatown.

-obviously- it's not going to be rated r. Those are just dumb wet dreams by delulus fanboys. Next
It’s dumb to say “it’ll never happen” as if every director from this point on should obey the idea of kids flocking to the cinema. How creatively limiting is that...

Rated R TSS is at 97% right now. Still early but a good start. I will not be shocked if The Batman is rated R as well. WB saw the success with Joker.
And now WB will rush Reeve's to change his almost finished movie to be rated R... lol, imagine if this happens (being Warner, it might happen indeed).

Alex!! How goes it?

I don’t think it’s harsh, I mean, I said the same thing about tdk trilogy after I saw Joker. I think Jett’s source is probably just being truthful. I watch a lot of dark indie thrillers and horror so to me Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are like tame fun blockbusters by comparison. I think ppl tend to exaggerate the grit of those movies. Nolan’s trilogy isn’t fluffy like Star Wars but I would compare it to Cameron’s Terminator. The Batman so far feels more in line with Seven, Silence of the Lambs, Chinatown.

Hello there. :D

It goes well man. How are you?

Personally, I would say Nolan's trilogy is a bit more "highbrow" than the fun blockbusters. They are not Cameron's Terminator, but they don't need to be. Really? That's the vibe you get some the trailer?

It’s dumb to say “it’ll never happen” as if every director from this point on should obey the idea of kids flocking to the cinema. How creatively limiting is that...
Vh7iw18wiXZcobPuWSRxHE2uTvdZ6OFJe2-NWpV9xthHR83sXO7Og5J3VJKtDr7gdEoM53PUWTrIKbRL38QingOyb7A_vWxalEFLG-KSX03aHAtqSQxpl_vNNWI

"There's simply no way to make it economically feasible."

Yeah, if the last couple of years have taught us anything, it's that you should never say never. But realistically speaking, this is the main Batman franchise we're talking about here.

Where an outlier like Joker is a bit like Logan in that it wasn't necessarily intended to have sequels in its early stages of development, The Batman is being primed for success in a much more commercial way. It's, in fact, meant to be the first in a series of films across the next several years.

I definitely get where you're coming from, but think about the younger demographic (which often comes with parents and older teens as a package deal) in strictly monetary terms. Make no mistake, studio marketers aren't targeting them out of the kindness of their hearts.

If it's truly on the borderline, I don't mind targeting a hard PG-13 for theatrical, and then letting it go unrated or Rated-R for home media releases.

Can’t believe we’re having this discussion after The Dark Knight being pg-13

Hello there. :D

It goes well man. How are you?

Personally, I would say Nolan's trilogy is a bit more "highbrow" than the fun blockbusters. They are not Cameron's Terminator, but they don't need to be. Really? That's the vibe you get some the trailer?
Good and bad. The usual.

Definitely the vibe I got from the trailer, even if I don’t take into account Reeves’ quote about Taxi Driver, Chinatown & Klute being influential. For me it’s a look and tone that reminds me of Seven. Which is a much darker, creepier, smaller, psychological story compared to most of Nolan’s movies (which lean heavily on the dazzling Bond spectacle and crazy plot mechanics).

So I totally believe the comments about The Batman having a size and tone to it that will make TDK trilogy feel like a giant fun blockbuster. With the exception of TDK’s Heat influence, the third act of that movie is right in line with both Begins and Rises...in that they are an homage to massive 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s action blockbusters. Ridley Scott’s big budget movies are what comes to mind. Reeves is after something else.

Apparaently, the person doing stunts on Batcycle is the same stuntman who was doing stunts for Pattinson's Batman. Hope this does not affect Matt Reeve's shooting, unless the stunts on bat-bike are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"