The Book of Boba Fett The Book of Boba Fett General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Is it just me or does Tem feel like a better Boba than he was Jango?

Nah he was a pretty awesome Jango too. Tem essentially redefined the Fetts with his performance in Episode II that now people are absolutely on board with him playing Boba. Difference between Jango and Boba is Boba has better dialogue because Lucas isn't writing for him.

Nah he was a pretty awesome Jango too. Tem essentially redefined the Fetts with his performance in Episode II that now people are absolutely on board with him playing Boba. Difference between Jango and Boba is Boba has better dialogue because Lucas isn't writing for him.

See I loved Tem as Jango but things seem to flowing so right as Boba right now

But maybe your right...the lack of lucas dialogue is making things fire on all cylinders

Most people before Mando season 2 agreed that Boba looked cool, but Jango was cool. But Boba now is what he should have been since 1980.

I never liked Boba in TCW as he came off as a brat, but this post-Sarlacc Boba is being played perfectly by Tem.

I'd put it down simply to Temuera Morrison being paired with high quality writing and directing. Sure, a skilled and charismatic actor can take a nothing role and nothing directing and still do something worthwhile with it. . . but they can do even *better* when their are working with quality compatriots.

Tem is lovely. Its impossible not to like him and that plus the quality of production is a winning formula.

To add, I also think Boba is in a different, more interesting, place in his life than Jango's ever been. In fact, isn't Boba older than Jango was when he died? So the dude is more weathered now.

That said, it's killing me how late in December the premiere is. Obi-wan and Boba have been two of three characters I've eagerly awaited either shows or movies from and I just want to get on with it already lol.

Good on George Lucas for being amazing with casting.

Yeah. Say what you will about his ability to direct actors, but Lucas at least assembled on paper a great cast. Ewan is an absolute winner. Liam was inspired for Qui-gon. Tem of course. We know Natalie is great, she just didn't have the material but overall a great Padme. I think the only one the verdict is still out on is Hayden. I actually like Hayden, but I know a lot of folks are mixed on him so really hoping he kills it in the Obi-Wan and Ahsoka show.

Last edited:
5xpzfj.jpg

5xq0p5.gif

5xq990.gif

5xpyod.gif

Rodriguez is known for story-boarding and animatic pre-staging with his kids, action figures, and whatever he has on hand, if you're wondering how the Joe Night Creepers made it into the SW Universe? :D

Last edited:
Good catch there Mondragon, I find that very amusing.

I really hope we are getting a look back at how he survived the Sarlacc pit. If they do some cutesy vague non-answer, I will probably nerd rage out.

For those bemoaning this "rule with respect" means he's going to play mr. nice guy Fett.
In case it wasn't obvious how that- cooperative happy family - dinner scene is going to play out.
It's staged perfectly right over the Rancor pit grate.
So follow up cue:: you know once you see Fennec stand and step away, ...everyone (table and chairs included) all except the two heads of the table are likley going into that pit :funny:
Screenshot-2021-11-28-at-09.24.57-1024x433.png

5xup39.gif

5xupcw.gif

Don't know if they'll have a Rancor, or their own exotic new beast? (can you coax a Sarlacc maw to live in your dungeon?).:cwink:

Last edited:
Good catch there Mondragon, I find that very amusing.

I really hope we are getting a look back at how he survived the Sarlacc pit. If they do some cutesy vague non-answer, I will probably nerd rage out.

I would expect Filoni and Rodriguez know this is one of the biggest questions they have to answer and totally deliver on. I'm expecting a full action scene with Sarlacc, Krayt Dragons, explosions and everything that would make even Michael Bay grin from ear to ear.

I would expect Filoni and Rodriguez know this is one of the biggest questions they have to answer and totally deliver on. I'm expecting a full action scene with Sarlacc, Krayt Dragons, explosions and everything that would make even Michael Bay grin from ear to ear.

I mean it looks like there are scenes that pick up right after. I feel like they HAVE to deliver on this if you're doing a Boba Fett show right? Fans have been waiting for decades for this.

For those bemoaning this "rule with respect" means he's going to play mr. nice guy Fett.
In case it wasn't obvious how that- cooperative happy family - dinner scene is going to play out.
It's staged perfectly right over the Rancor pit grate.
So follow up cue:: you know once you see Fennec stand and step away, ...everyone (table and chairs included) all except the two heads of the table are likley going into that pit :funny:
Screenshot-2021-11-28-at-09.24.57-1024x433.png

5xup39.gif

5xupcw.gif

Don't know if they'll have a Rancor, or their own exotic new beast? (can you coax a Sarlacc maw to live in your dungeon?).:cwink:

More like Dr. Evil Fett.

I mean it looks like there are scenes that pick up right after. I feel like they HAVE to deliver on this if you're doing a Boba Fett show right? Fans have been waiting for decades for this.

Yup. That's just such a big elephant in the room that you can't just do a show about a fan favorite character and ignore that. If anything, they can use however long he was in the Sarlacc to reflect and re-establish who he is at this point in canon. Use it to differentiate who he was in ESB/ROTJ. Granted it wasn't much, but still.

Yup. That's just such a big elephant in the room that you can't just do a show about a fan favorite character and ignore that. If anything, they can use however long he was in the Sarlacc to reflect and re-establish who he is at this point in canon. Use it to differentiate who he was in ESB/ROTJ. Granted it wasn't much, but still.

Great way of putting it. It will have him self-reflecting where he'd been up to this point.

The big difference I see in him is that he's done taking orders and doing the bidding of others. He wants to be the boss now giving orders. That's my hypothesis at least.

Great way of putting it. It will have him self-reflecting where he'd been up to this point.

The big difference I see in him is that he's done taking orders and doing the bidding of others. He wants to be the boss now giving orders. That's my hypothesis at least.

That’s where I’m going too. Star Wars is all about redemption and this is one story where the person can actually live past that said redemption and see how their contrast.

We’ll be able to see the different decisions they make compared to how they were previously when they were viewed as a “bad guy.” And I’m sure it’ll be every bit as dramatic and engaging a story as anyones can be with Filoni and Rodriguez at the helms.

I resubscribe to Disney+ yearly so I am ready for Boba Fett and all the other Disney+ Star Wars and Marvel Goodness next year. Just got to catch up on the last two episodes of Hawkeye.

If the Book of Boba Fett teaser trailers released so far seem a bit less than epic, it’s due to a deliberate act of restraint: The producers have only revealed footage from the seven-episode season’s opening minutes. “We can’t use the second half of the first episode because it gives so much away,” Rodriguez says.

So are we gonna see Darth Maul in this? All these Syndicates and I think Maul might pop up. They might do a movie Maul with a Witwer voice if he shows up in the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"