The Brightest Day! - Part 1

Both Brightest Day and Generation Lost are just wastes of a series. All both of them have done is lead onto another series neither of them are satisfying stories in their own right.

That's disappointing.

52, Batman and Robin, Seven Soldiers of Victory are just wastes of a series. All of them have done is lead onto another series and neither of them are satisfying stories in their own right. :p

Really all these books are meant to showcase either new or C/D listed characters as AWESOME and making people want to read about them more and more, but really while stories sucha s 52, Brightest Day, Seven Soldiers of Victory, Batman and Robin ultimately lead to another series alot of people do enjoy them for their own rights and find them great stories on their own, not just "another chapter till the inevitable end/reboot".

52 and SSoV had concrete ends. Certain elements from them went on to form small parts of other series down the line but it had a rereadable story.

Generation Lost literally went from Max Lord is loose lets reform the JLI to finish on Max Lord is loose lets reform the JLI.

I find it almost funny that people suddenly come to like BD just because they have the end of the serie now. After all the bashing I have read everywhere. God, I am pleased to be part of those who were not bashing, and just be a bit more tolerant or patient. Some things were almost clear to me in this book, without the need to scream everywhere "oh they killed J'onn", "oh they killed Aquaman again", "batman is the new white lantern". Jeeeez
I found the serie notso good from beginning to the end.Like I previously said, itis nice to read, butuseless to buy. For me. In the end, the biweeklystuff was useless and bad for the editing of the story : sometimes, NOTHING was going on, just fake stuff.
All I enjoyed was the parts with Aquaman, and I think, despite the "average level" of this serie, it was nice to add some elements to the mythos of the martian manhunter, the Hawks or Firestorm.
All in all, BD was really not so good for me, and I admit I had not, have not any kind of interestfor the white lantern. :dry:

Seven Soldiers of Victory.

Ah, funny that is what it stands for because I was at my LCS yesterday and was thinking of buying a trade for them that I saw. The art looked like it was really recent so I'm guessing it's the same run/story he was referring to. My worry about picking it up is it is Morrison and I just do not run with the crowd that seems to commonly worship him. :/

Both Brightest Day and Generation Lost are just wastes of a series. All both of them have done is lead onto another series neither of them are satisfying stories in their own right.

That's disappointing.

I haven't read Generation Lost but yea while I look at BD being a good book in a different light than some the ending was in fact something I just didn't care about. It doesn't feel like to me the story is done either. Doesn't feel like it has ended even though it looks like there won't be a book coming out of BD's events like BD clearly came from BN ending; though it gives that feel to it.

Though shouldn't you Swamp Thing fans be happy that [blackout]Johns didn't spit on cannon when he brought Alec Hammond into the mix? Course in the end Hammond DID have to become Swamp Thing to fix it all...[/blackout]

overall, brightest day was okay. nothing amazing, but nothing awful.

Ah, funny that is what it stands for because I was at my LCS yesterday and was thinking of buying a trade for them that I saw. The art looked like it was really recent so I'm guessing it's the same run/story he was referring to. My worry about picking it up is it is Morrison and I just do not run with the crowd that seems to commonly worship him. :/

I've only read the first trade, but I enjoyed it. The end has some loose ties to Final Crisis, as well (basically tells you how the New Gods and other Fourth Worlders got to where they were in that). If you're not a Morrison fan, though...yeah, I don't know, you may not enjoy it much.

I haven't read Generation Lost but yea while I look at BD being a good book in a different light than some the ending was in fact something I just didn't care about. It doesn't feel like to me the story is done either. Doesn't feel like it has ended even though it looks like there won't be a book coming out of BD's events like BD clearly came from BN ending; though it gives that feel to it.

Though shouldn't you Swamp Thing fans be happy that [blackout]Johns didn't spit on cannon when he brought Alec Hammond into the mix? Course in the end Hammond DID have to become Swamp Thing to fix it all...[/blackout]

What do you mean?
So, Alec and Swamp Thing are back to being one and the same again?

I thought [blackout]they were never one and the same and that Swamp Thing thought he was Alec the entire time is all. Weren't people weeks ago complaining that if Johns retcons it in that all along Swamp Thing was Alec then people would be pissed because that would be pissing over everything that was done by another writer in an great run of the character?[/blackout]

Originally, they were one and the same; Swamp Thing was a mutated version of Alec Hammond, but yeah, the Alan Moore run rectonned that to Swamp Thing just thinking that and having his memories imprinted on the elemental. Is what you're saying mean that the two have been combined again in a single entity like originally with this?

Though, I think during the Morrison/Millar run, the two split in two separate beings, but I don't know much about that so I'm not sure what situation that turned into.

Originally, they were one and the same; Swamp Thing was a mutated version of Alec Hammond, but yeah, the Alan Moore run rectonned that to Swamp Thing just thinking that and having his memories imprinted on the elemental. Is what you're saying mean that the two have been combined again in a single entity like originally with this?

Though, I think during the Morrison/Millar run, the two split again, but I don't know much about that so I'm not sure what situation that turned into.
When Nekron was killed his memories seeped into the green, which caused Swamp Thing to rise and think it was Nekron. Alec had to actually become Swamp Thing (For realsies) to fight it.

And at the end Swamp Thing (Alec) kills a few board members responsible for an oil spill from earlier in the series. That night John Constantine shows up at the crime scene to investigate.

I find it almost funny that people suddenly come to like BD just because they have the end of the serie now. After all the bashing I have read everywhere. God, I am pleased to be part of those who were not bashing, and just be a bit more tolerant or patient. Some things were almost clear to me in this book, without the need to scream everywhere "oh they killed J'onn", "oh they killed Aquaman again", "batman is the new white lantern". Jeeeez
I found the serie notso good from beginning to the end.Like I previously said, itis nice to read, butuseless to buy. For me. In the end, the biweeklystuff was useless and bad for the editing of the story : sometimes, NOTHING was going on, just fake stuff.
All I enjoyed was the parts with Aquaman, and I think, despite the "average level" of this serie, it was nice to add some elements to the mythos of the martian manhunter, the Hawks or Firestorm.
All in all, BD was really not so good for me, and I admit I had not, have not any kind of interestfor the white lantern. :dry:

You're a self-centered little ****, aren't you? Do not come in hear and act superior to those who have berated the series during it's entire run because they were vocal throughout, while you say how pleased you are to not be a part of that group. People were complaining because for the last year, this story has been a convoluted mess that lacks any sort of structure. The main threat wasn't shown until the second last issue and was dealt with in a few panels through a fist-fight. Just because your poor tastes found this book tolerable, and you enjoyed Johns shoehorning in needless "mythology" into already established characters does not make you somehow admirable for not discussing the faults of the story throughout it's entire tenure. I especially like the bit at the end where you say in so many words that you read it without buying it. Bravo. Way to pirate an entire series. Act high and mighty when people complain about the quality. Defend it, then admit in the end that it wasn't worth it.

Also, I love how the first thing the avatar of life does is kill a bunch of people. That totally makes sense. I think I saw a puppy taking a piss on some weeds out in my alley this morning. Is Swamp Thing going to stomp on it?

Well, WompuM, as far as not showing the threat until the last 2 issues the White Lantern clearly stated why they could not address the threat until that point: the people who were chosen for those 4 elementals weren't pure and ready in their previous states when the book started. So while I can see how that angers people, wouldn't have really mattered to reveal the threat earlier when those 4 had to go through their own "personal journeys".

My only confusion now is what was the point of Deadman in the book. I liked his part--some more than others--but in the end it looks like he really did serve no purpose just like no one served a purpose outside of the 4 heroes chosen to take elemental form.

And it doesn't make sense why [blackout]Hawkgirl[/blackout] doesn't come back. Also, shouldn't [blackout]Hawk[/blackout] be dead again? [blackout]Hawk[/blackout] failed his mission so the White Lantern said that his life is not his own now.

Wow Womp, thats some serious rage right there. Thumbs Up!

I would copyright that if I were you Womp.

Womp's rants amuse me because I picture the character in his avatar punching the keyboard.

Well, WompuM, as far as not showing the threat until the last 2 issues the White Lantern clearly stated why they could not address the threat until that point: the people who were chosen for those 4 elementals weren't pure and ready in their previous states when the book started. So while I can see how that angers people, wouldn't have really mattered to reveal the threat earlier when those 4 had to go through their own "personal journeys".

My only confusion now is what was the point of Deadman in the book. I liked his part--some more than others--but in the end it looks like he really did serve no purpose just like no one served a purpose outside of the 4 heroes chosen to take elemental form.

And it doesn't make sense why [blackout]Hawkgirl[/blackout] doesn't come back. Also, shouldn't [blackout]Hawk[/blackout] be dead again? [blackout]Hawk[/blackout] failed his mission so the White Lantern said that his life is not his own now.

I feel that they could have introduced Black Lantern Nekron Swamp Thing way earlier and actually show him doing damage to the Earth and its inhabitants, and in that manner, he/it would have actually come off as a legitimate threat, rather than a zombie ent walking into a forest in the last issue. I also would have liked some aspect of the Brightest Day threat appearing in Blackest Night. When did Nekron's consciousness soak into the Green? Why didn't the Swamp Monster act like Nekron at all? It didn't even speak. An adventure story is only as good as the threat an villain, which is why both Brightest Day and Blackest Night have seriously been lacking.

It's ok Blackester Night will be better Womp.

It better be. And it better have a ton of **** in it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"