The General Comic Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love to see the Counte of Monte Cristo as an epic sweeping comic

We made it to a new thread! Almost one year since it was started.

Basically, this is a thread where you can discuss all things comics, be it news, interviews with writers, recent comics and older ones etc. The discussion does not just have to be related to DC. News, interviews and comics, amongst other things, from other companies such as Marvel can be discussed too.

I do not expect much activity in this thread and it will probably just be me talking to myself in here most of the time, before I eventually get tired of this thread and move onto something else, but I just thought that it would be good if a thread like this existed. Sometimes you read an old comic and want to make a post about it, but there is no thread where it would be relevant to talk about.

Well as always I’m happy to oblige by discussing the comics I read when I’m able to read them.

It's good having a thread like this where you can talk about what you're currently reading as a lot of comics I read wouldn't have their own thread or a natural place to talk about them.

It's good having a thread like this where you can talk about what you're currently reading as a lot of comics I read wouldn't have their own thread or a natural place to talk about them.

:up:

I officially dropped Blue Beetle from my pull list today. Sad Day. I'm still shocked that Giffen managed to drop the ball so badly with that series... And it sucks even more because the new writer is REALLY good, so much better than what Giffen did, but by the time he got on, it was too late to salvage and now the book is ending in February :csad:

Last edited:
I stopped reading Blue Beetle right after the first issue. I’ve thought about picking it back up. But my pull list is too big. I’m struggling to get around to Wonder Woman. Also dropping Batman Beyond. The Damien storyline was good but I figure it’s all downhill from there

I was gonna start reading it this week and check out the series after Rebirth started. I was not a fan of that issue too much but I thought that was the fanboy in me speaking because I liked the original series so much. Still might, but it's lower on the list now.

Just finished reading the story arcs in New Teen Titans that follow up Judas Contract in Volume 7 of the TPBs. In this volume we get

- Beast Boy heartbroken and enraged due to fallout of Judas Contract

- Aqualad and Tula almost dying due to H.I.V.E’s attempt to destroy Atlantis

- Jericho trying to show compassion to Raven during her time of Inner Turmoil

- Donna Troy and Terry Long gearing up for their wedding which is gonna be hosted at Beast Boy’s Home.

- Cyborg reconciling with his grandparents after his attempt to run them out of his home

- The revelation that Wally West is sick when he uses his powers and this is potentially one of the reasons he went full steam ahead with retiring from crime fighting

In the end we get

- Cyborg And Beast Boy making up

- Raven isolating herself more

- The H.I.V.E seemingly being taken down for good both due to their plans being foiled and the new leader essentially committing mass Harakiri due to accepting defeat.

Definitely good follow ups to what is one of the most iconic arcs in Titans history. I read that story arc long time ago before reading the rest of NTT which is why I haven’t reviewed it here.

Nonetheless, great volume for anyone to read if they want to be or already are Teen Titans fans.

I regret saying I've only ever read one New Teen Titans comics from those years, and it was the crossover with Batman and the Outsiders, one of my favorite series.

I hope they can do more post Return of the Jedi comics now that The Last Jedi revealed parts of what happened to Luke, Kylo, etc.

giphy.gif

^^^Me seeing that Slott is FINALLY leaving Spider-Man

giphy.gif

^^^And then also finding out that Luke Cage is probably canceled.

How long was Slott on Amazing?

So does The War of Jokes and Riddles take place a year or so after Zero Year?

So it’s amazing to think that right now Chip Zdarsky of all people (whom is often clinically unfunny) is writing the best stuff at Marvel right now based on the feedback for the latest issues he’s done on Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man And Marvel Two In One: Fate of The Four.

I hope he keeps up the good work

So does The War of Jokes and Riddles take place a year or so after Zero Year?

That’s my understanding, although I think The War of Jokes and Riddles is absolute trash.

I hope they can do more post Return of the Jedi comics now that The Last Jedi revealed parts of what happened to Luke, Kylo, etc.

I hope so. I’ll eventually read all Star Wars related comics.

I've been collecting DnA's Marvel Cosmic reign and as amazing as it is, it ultimately just leaves me frustrated that now, with GOTG at peak popularity, Marvel has failed to make any attempts at restoring greatness to their Cosmic line...

Also, what the heck is up with the prices on some of the trades from that era? Like, it would make sense if they were ones that related to Star-Lord or the Guardians, but the Conquest books, the actual origin of the movie team, go for fractions of the price of some of the other titles. Like, I got the Conquest Omnibus for around $60, Annihilation Omnibus goes for $300+! And even if I were to go with the 3 volume smaller collection, Volume 1 goes for twice the price of the others. It all seems so random...

OOP scalper bastards. I have the trades, so I ignored the omnis. I'm okay with that in the end. Just really wanted that Infinity Gauntlet omni, glad I got that before it went OOP too.

OOP scalper bastards. I have the trades, so I ignored the omnis. I'm okay with that in the end. Just really wanted that Infinity Gauntlet omni, glad I got that before it went OOP too.

Half Price Books started jacking up the prices for some OOP stuff the last year or so. Sometimes, a worker will screw up and put the book out on the shelf at half price instead of the ridiculous inflated price. Feels like getting away with a crime when I walk out the door only paying 50% off of something that was meant to be 3x the sticker price. Luckily, I've found many gems over the years and only paid 50% sticker price for them.

That’s my understanding, although I think The War of Jokes and Riddles is absolute trash.

Wow. Why do you feel that way because I’ve heard nothing but great things about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"