• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

THE CINEMA LOUNGE

David Ayer name is nowhere in that promo for "The Beekeeper' ... Is his name really that tainted now? Didn't even know it was his movie till I saw someone mention it elsewhere.
I think they put "From the director of Suicide Squad and Fury" in the trailer and on the poster instead of his name because his name was never recognizable to begin with. Frankly it probably would have been better if they had just put "From the writer of Training Day" and left it at that.

Out of all the franchises under WBD’s roof, I can only see Cruise fitting into the Monsterverse and maybe Lethal Weapon.

I didn't even realize that Cruise had a...*ahem*...fallout (thank you) with Paramount. I know Dead Reckoning's release was messy but him going to WBD is a surprise to me.

I mean you gotta think about it, he was the top gun actor over in Paramount until they ran into some risky business over handling the release schedule. They were so focused on the color of money that they didn't even think about the barbenheimer phenomenon. Listen, Cruise is a legend and I think the studio thought he had all the right moves but they should have been firm on telling Cruise he should move the release date. But now they have all this collateral on the budget and the failing box office. The movie should have been born on the fourth of july, not a week before barbenheimer. Cruise is now far and away from Paramount and heading back to Warner Bros it only takes a few good men to talk him out of it but Paramount has their eyes wide shut and they didn't expect him to leave. This was pretty much a perfect storm cocktail of events. And now Tom Crusie has sent Paramount back into oblivion of obscurity. ...

The Last Samurai. :o

I mean you gotta think about it, he was the top gun actor over in Paramount until they ran into some risky business over handling the release schedule. They were so focused on the color of money that they didn't even think about the barbenheimer phenomenon. Listen, Cruise is a legend and I think the studio thought he had all the right moves but they should have been firm on telling Cruise he should move the release date. But now they have all this collateral on the budget and the failing box office. The movie should have been born on the fourth of july, not a week before barbenheimer. Cruise is now far and away from Paramount and heading back to Warner Bros it only takes a few good men to talk him out of it but Paramount has their eyes wide shut and they didn't expect him to leave. This was pretty much a perfect storm cocktail of events. And now Tom Crusie has sent Paramount back into oblivion of obscurity. ...

The Last Samurai. :o
you-complete-me-jerry-maguire.gif

I love Tom Cruise the "action star" but I want to see the return of Tom Cruise the "actor." The guy we fell in love with early on.

I love Tom Cruise the "action star" but I want to see the return of Tom Cruise the "actor." The guy we fell in love with early on.
I often wonder what direction his career would have gone had he won the Oscar for Magnolia. It feels like he made a very conscious decision to stop chasing dramatic roles and fully focus on blockbusters going into the new century.

The Holdovers

First film viewing of the new year for me.

Paul Giamatti is coming for that oscar. I sure as hell won't be mad at it at all. Them bald nolan fanboys will tho. lawd. Film it self was fine, but Giamatti is the mvp here. He should've won for Sideways. Eh.

Anyone else miss Amy Adams in great movies? It seems like a loooong time since we last seen her. She use to be a regular at them awards shows. I miss her acting on the big screen.
I didn't even realize how long it's been because 2016 still feels like it was only two years ago to me.

Amy Adams is in the same rut as Fassbender before last year. She hasn't been in a good movie since Vice.

96NluQR.png

Allegedly, these are the "9 Rules For All Roadrunner And Wile E. Coyote Interactions" — as mandated by animation director Chuck Jones.

GESOC4FWkAA8q_g

Road House

Yeah, I'm going to love this beautiful cheesey--garbage based on that trailer. It seems like Jake has been trying to cash in now and I'm here for it!

Daniela Melchior can have an Ana de Armas uprising in career, if she makes the right moves. Hotdamn.

The Batman

Rewatching bits and pieces here and there. Something that stood out more this time around and whatnot. By showing penguin them photos of the russian gal with the mayor, he (battinson) is responsible for her death soon after. At the very least made her window of escape a lot shorter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"