THE CINEMA LOUNGE

Whoever gets to make a live action PaRappa the Rapper movie, they'll be making billions. :o
They missed that boat 20 years ago. T'would have been the next logical step in Eminem's acting career after 8 Mile.

That might as well have been one of the promised 199 sequels for The Pope's Exorcist. Sounds good.

Finally caught up on a lot of 2023 movies and the majority have been mediocre unfortunately. I still have to see Godzilla Minus One, Anatomy of a Fall and Past Lives, so fingers crossed.

I'm here for the creation of the Russel Crowe exorcism genre.

They should have called it The Exorcism of Russell Crowe.
Oh screw it, let them redo The Exorcist and digitally insert Russell Crowe as every character like he's Jabba the Hutt in A New Hope. He can play the two priests, Regan, the mom, Pazuzu, everyone. :o

Studies once again show the obvious - “go woke, go broke” isn’t a thing, in fact it’s the exact opposite.

Diversity (reaching a broad audience) - common sense - sells.

Monkey Man

Eh, this was mostly solid. Revenge genre are simple, we don’t need that many flashbacks to said revenge motive, but we keep going back here. One great action set piece towards the end and that was it for the most part. Dev has an excellent eye as a director. This slows way too much in the middle. 7/10

Deadline.com’s Top 10 “Most Valuable Blockbusters” of 2023:

1. The Supermario Bros Movie
2. Barbie
3. Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem
5. Oppenheimer
6. Wonka
7. Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour
8. Five Nights at Freddy’s
9. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
10. Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie

I had a discussion pop up in one of my feeds of “what’s the worst sci fi movie you’ve ever seen” and someone was discussing Armageddon. It reminded me of how much I can’t stand that movie. It also reminded me that when I was in grad school I went on a double date with one of my friends. We saw Saving Private Ryan. His girlfriend invited all of her friends to tag along (this was something she apparently did often.) After Saving Private Ryan was over, everyone was walking out and one of the guys who was friends with my buddy’s girlfriend said “that movie was ok. The action was good. But I liked the storyline of Armageddon much better. It was a smarter movie.”

I still rank that as one of the most unintelligent statements I’ve ever heard a human being say.

I had a discussion pop up in one of my feeds of “what’s the worst sci fi movie you’ve ever seen” and someone was discussing Armageddon. It reminded me of how much I can’t stand that movie. It also reminded me that when I was in grad school I went on a double date with one of my friends. We saw Saving Private Ryan. His girlfriend invited all of her friends to tag along (this was something she apparently did often.) After Saving Private Ryan was over, everyone was walking out and one of the guys who was friends with my buddy’s girlfriend said “that movie was ok. The action was good. But I liked the storyline of Armageddon much better. It was a smarter movie.”

I still rank that as one of the most unintelligent statements I’ve ever heard a human being say.
That reminds me of a time when I was in high school, my friends and I were talking about Batman Begins at lunch after we had all seen it and one of my friends said that he thought Batman and Robin was better (and no, before anyone asks, it wasn't @Kane52630 :o). I was stunned. "Batman and Robin? The one with Arnold as Mr. Freeze? You thought that one was better than this? You sure?"

giphy.gif

Some people are just built different. :o

Also, I like and/or love Saving Private Ryan, Armageddon, Batman Begins, and Batman & Robin for all different reasons.

Sometimes I like chocolate, sometimes I like peanut butter...

Sometimes I like chocolate in my peanut butter, sometimes I like peanut butter in my chocolate...

giphy.gif

Also, I like and/or love Saving Private Ryan, Armageddon, Batman Begins, and Batman & Robin for all different reasons.

Sometimes I like chocolate, sometimes I like peanut butter...

Sometimes I like chocolate in my peanut butter, sometimes I like peanut butter in my chocolate...

giphy.gif
Agreed on all but Armageddon. I saw that in theaters when I was 10 and I was bored by everything except for the animal crackers scene, which mortified me because my mom took me to see it. However, I don't hate the movie because I could never hate anything that spawned this certified classic:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"