• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

That was around the same time he was also dealing with alcoholism and the divorce with Jennifer Garner so we'll see if he can regain that spark again for future projects.

Grace is reporting...

That a previous Batman has replaced Keaton at the end of the Flash. She won't say who, but has narrowed it down to Kilmer, Clooney and Bale

She says that same person is in negotiation to be the DCU Batman.

I don't know why they wouldn't keep Keaton in that case.

IF this is true, my money is on...

Clooney, as some sort of "let's right your legacy" play. Kilmer is unable to return, and Bale would never do it I think.

Grace is reporting...

That a previous Batman has replaced Keaton at the end of the Flash. She won't say who, but has narrowed it down to Kilmer, Clooney and Bale

Clooney, as some sort of "let's right your legacy" play. Kilmer is unable to return, and Bale would never do it I think.
If that's true then my interest in the movie has just plummeted and **** whoever's made that decision.

I actually think Bale WOULD be interested, because I remember an interview way back when where he seemed almost disappointed they didn't even ask him to stay on as Batman in the Snyderverse since they were going for an older Batman anyway. It made me think he would've been totally open to it. He can be a bit hard to read, but despite his gripes about the suit and whatnot, I think that guy actually loved being Batman.

But the reason I don't believe this has any truth to it is 100% because it's coming from Grace Randolph lol.

I think it's definitely on the table for Bale, but it would be under their Elseworlds tab.

Has Grace decided to give up the tiny bit of Crediblity she has now that one of her Archenemys runs DC Studios?
Because this is even for Grace a whole new level of nonsense.

None of those will be DCU Batman.
Keaton too old and according to her cut from the ending.
Kilmer can barely speak at this point, his acting career is sadly over.
Clooney is not even close to be redeemed enough for this being a good decision anybody would do.
Bale is possible but i highly doubt they would bring him back in a non nolan universe and Nolan universe doesnt work with anything in the DCU so far, no matter what Flashpoint does.
Affleck is done.

On any other occasion i would say that Gunn shouldnt bother with her, but this is the perfect opportunity to call her out on her BS.

I actually think Bale WOULD be interested, because I remember an interview way back when where he seemed almost disappointed they didn't even ask him to stay on as Batman in the Snyderverse since they were going for an older Batman anyway. It made me think he would've been totally open to it. He can be a bit hard to read, but despite his gripes about the suit and whatnot, I think that guy actually loved being Batman.

But the reason I don't believe this has any truth to it is 100% because it's coming from Grace Randolph lol.
Looking at his recent interviews it also seems like he's at a point in his career where he doesn't really care if he loses out on arthouse films or oscar-worthy films or whatever. He seems generally disinterested with the industry (and even said he kinda hoped Batman would end his career and people would see him as nothing but that) so in a bizarre way I can see a scenario where he just thinks "Well I do nothing but this for the next 10 years, get 400 million dollars, my kids will think I'm cool and I'm out."

The only thing holding him back was the gentleman's agreement he did with Nolan, but Nolan may give his blessing anyway at this point.

He also said he didn't get the chance to do everything he wanted to do with the character in Nolan's trilogy, so he may feel there's unresolved business for him to do performance-wise.

Christian Bale Disappointed in His Batman Performances

Last edited:
Has Grace decided to give up the tiny bit of Crediblity she has now that one of her Archenemys runs DC Studios?
Because this is even for Grace a whole new level of nonsense.

None of those will be DCU Batman.
Keaton too old and according to her cut from the ending.
Kilmer can barely speak at this point, his acting career is sadly over.
Clooney is not even close to be redeemed enough for this being a good decision anybody would do.
Bale is possible but i highly doubt they would bring him back in a non nolan universe and Nolan universe doesnt work with anything in the DCU so far, no matter what Flashpoint does.
Affleck is done.

On any other occasion i would say that Gunn shouldnt bother with her, but this is the perfect opportunity to call her out on her BS.
And he hasn't. All his followers are spamming him in the comments asking him to debunk this, and even tho he's clearly looking at them, he hasn't debunked it. That alone is making me raise an eyebrow seeing how he always debunks anything no matter the source.

Grace is reporting...

Who the hell approved this?! Wtf is Warner Discovery smoking?!

If there's anyone who I'd believe would never EVER agree to put on the cowl again, it's Clooney. He's spent the last 20 years joking about how horrible his Batman was, and clearly considers agreeing to play Batman to have been the absolute dumbest move of his entire career. I've also gotten the impression he has less than zero interest in the entire CBM genre ever since he became a filmmaker who has to fight tooth and nail to get his "little" movies made.

Nah, it's clear that Grace would be referencing Bale, but it's Grace so....yeah.

Wouldn't mind it just have Clooney or bale play an entirely new take though obviously. Maybe complicating things though..

Who the hell approved this?! Wtf is Warner Discovery smoking?!

Nobody approved this, they dont smoke anything...stop believing every Clickbait Scooper/Leaker thing without any kind of proof.
The one thing that i might give her is that its possible that we see a Previous Batman to showcase Barrys ability to go into different Earths etc...but thats about it.

If there's anyone who I'd believe would never EVER agree to put on the cowl again, it's Clooney. He's spent the last 20 years joking about how horrible his Batman was, and clearly considers agreeing to play Batman to have been the absolute dumbest move of his entire career. I've also gotten the impression he has less than zero interest in the entire CBM genre ever since he became a filmmaker who has to fight tooth and nail to get his "little" movies made.

Nah, it's clear that Grace would be referencing Bale, but it's Grace so....yeah.

I dont think he was ever approached by a studio since B&R...never heard him talk about if he would be interested.
I think the right people could redeem B&R easily and Clooney in the Role...but i dont think there is really any interest from both sides in that.

My understanding is Bale turned down a fortune to be in BVS.

I'm not dismissing The Bale thing, as a possibility.

At the very least , I could believe that Zaslav wants Bale back ,or has tried to woo him to return to the role.

I thought there was a rumor several months back that Zaslav wanted Bale to return to the Batman role , but nothing more came of it , then at least.

There are several reasons why it could be possible

* This is the era of "never say never" with regards to CBM's.
We live in a world in which Michael Keaton, Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Brandon Routh as Superman, all returned when fans would have dismissed those possibilities in the past.

So the idea of getting Bale to return to the Batcave isn't that far fetched nowadays.

* If Bale did return, it would likely be another version of Batman as opposed to Nolan's version.
That way , there would be no stepping on Nolan's toes, and the Brave and The Bold version could have it's own backstory.

* Bale being the DCU Batman automatically brings in a world wide fan base with zero need to hype up a yet another new actor to play Batman.
All they have to say is : Bale is Back.
Mic drop.

* It's been ten years since his last outing and while he may have been less inclined to reprise the role straight after TDKR, after a decade he may be ready to take on the role again, especially if it's a different version.

* Bringing Bale back automatically brings some B.O. muscle to the new DCU in that they will have a Batman actor who's helped delivered iconic hit films .

* Bringing Bale back also brings in the possibility that perhaps they get Liam Neeson and Marion Cottillard back as variants of Ras and Talia.

I don't see a reason why , Neeson in particular, wouldn't want to return to the Batman series if offered. He returned to play Qui Jonn Jinn.

Yeah, you could cast new actors as Ras and Talia, but it's freaking Liam Neeson and Marion Cottillard. If you could get them back with Bale, why skip that opportunity ?

By the same token, do you bring back Michael Caine or Morgan Freeman?

It certainly opens up alot of interesting possibilities.

All of that rant is to say , I see several upsides to WBD wanting to bring in a popular and familiar face as Batman , assuming Grace's tea is true.

There are reasons why it could be fake as well , but this is a list of why there may be merit to the idea that the desire is for Bale to return.

Affleck has made some great movies but he has exhibited clear and consistent diminishing returns, in my opinion.

It depends. I think when it is something personal he will can knock it out of the park but he definitely struggles on other things. If he has a story to tell it could work but if its just "a job" then keep him away.

Yep. All of this is the correct answer!

My understanding is Bale turned down a fortune to be in BVS.

I think that was debunked. Tough to remember now but I swear it never went down the way people made it out originally.

Because Bale is so mercurial people fill in gaps because they think they know him. How many would guess he would be in a Thor film? He acts on whims as much as anyone.

I'm not dismissing The Bale thing, as a possibility.

At the very least , I could believe that Zaslav wants Bale back ,or has tried to woo him to return to the role.

I thought there was a rumor several months back that Zaslav wanted Bale to return to the Batman role , but nothing more came of it , then at least.

There are several reasons why it could be possible

* This is the era of "never say never" with regards to CBM's.
We live in a world in which Michael Keaton, Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Brandon Routh as Superman, all returned when fans would have dismissed those possibilities in the past.

So the idea of getting Bale to return to the Batcave isn't that far fetched nowadays.

* If Bale did return, it would likely be another version of Batman as opposed to Nolan's version.
That way , there would be no stepping on Nolan's toes, and the Brave and The Bold version could have it's own backstory.

* Bale being the DCU Batman automatically brings in a world wide fan base with zero need to hype up a yet another new actor to play Batman.
All they have to say is : Bale is Back.
Mic drop.

* It's been ten years since his last outing and while he may have been less inclined to reprise the role straight after TDKR, after a decade he may be ready to take on the role again, especially if it's a different version.

* Bringing Bale back automatically brings some B.O. muscle to the new DCU in that they will have a Batman actor who's helped delivered iconic hit films .

* Bringing Bale back also brings in the possibility that perhaps they get Liam Neeson and Marion Cottillard back as variants of Ras and Talia.

I don't see a reason why , Neeson in particular, wouldn't want to return to the Batman series if offered. He returned to play Qui Jonn Jinn.

Yeah, you could cast new actors as Ras and Talia, but it's freaking Liam Neeson and Marion Cottillard. If you could get them back with Bale, why skip that opportunity ?

By the same token, do you bring back Michael Caine or Morgan Freeman?

It certainly opens up alot of interesting possibilities.

All of that rant is to say , I see several upsides to WBD wanting to bring in a popular and familiar face as Batman , assuming Grace's tea is true.

There are reasons why it could be fake as well , but this is a list of why there may be merit to the idea that the desire is for Bale to return.

....it's 2025. Whitewashing Ra's/Talia is very 2010. They'd need to be recast. They dont need that kind of backlash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"