DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

I don't even like all of Taika's movies and he's still a unique and special enough talent that he has every right to make whatever awkward misfire he wants at this point without being micromanaged by a zealous lobbyist for mediocrity like Feige.

(I do like Love & Thunder, though, I technically like every MCU movie to some degree.)

Ok... :loco:

I don't care if it's an "Elseworld," they're not gonna have him as the Joker in one franchise and The Flash in another. There are plenty of actors out there.

He was not impressive as Joker. At all. One of the few things IMO that Reeves' Batman didn't land were Keoghan and Paul Dano's casting.

Gunn once again confirms DC is now a separate entity from WB, meaning there won’t be any interference from the WB brass like there was before with the previous regimes:

FoXjMNtaYAY9m1j

Hoping this means this means the quality control will be more like Marvel Studios. We’ll see.
I'm sure Comcast will enjoy this. :o

I'm sure Comcast will enjoy this. :o

Hahahaha, true. I wonder what's going to happen when some company inevitably buys WB. Once that happens there's a chance we go back to the previous cluster****-style of IP management where everyone in the company wants their own piece of the pie.

He was not impressive as Joker. At all. One of the few things IMO that Reeves' Batman didn't land were Keoghan and Paul Dano's casting.
Regardless, he’s Reeves’ Joker and therefore won’t be The Flash. Reeves wouldn’t fire his Joker right after his stock went up with an Oscar nod, lol.

Keoghan’s only gonna become a bigger and bigger deal between now and whenever his Joker gets a starring role. He ain’t going anywhere.

Also, I legitimately cannot think of a better possible Riddler than Dano. He’s actively uncomfortable and off putting to watch in such a perfect way, like he IS super grating but that’s absolutely as it should be.

I will bet we will see trunks this time.

i'm excited for the possibilities about reeves bat-universe.
excited to see more of keoghan's joker and other characters.
hope reeves get to keep his little pocket of this "elseworlds" take.

no more letoker, no more snyderverse. it's time to move on.
and that is for the greater good.

Also, I legitimately cannot think of a better possible Riddler than Dano. He’s actively uncomfortable and off putting to watch in such a perfect way, like he IS super grating but that’s absolutely as it should be.

I disagree. It’s one aspect that doesn’t ring true—the Riddler should be cunning and threatening, but not virtually unrecognizable. I’m still waiting for the live action equivalent of the BTAS version.

Heck, I don’t think Nolan would’ve gone that far!

Keoghan ain’t going anywhere. I for one am happy about it, but folks who ain’t should just make their peace with it.

I will probably sit out The Batman Part II then. I didn’t even watch last year’s movie in full until it hit Blu-ray and even then wasn’t blown away.

the batman was great top to bottom. not exactly ideal for two batmen but hopefully Gunn's emphasis on getting the scripts right and not focusing on Dates results in good projects.

Thinking on it more and more it would have been nice if gunn was the one writing and directing the authority.Leave superman for someone else(though obviously they need to do a great job with it either way).

Keoghan’s only gonna become a bigger and bigger deal between now and whenever his Joker gets a starring role. He ain’t going anywhere.

Amen!

I disagree. It’s one aspect that doesn’t ring true—the Riddler should be cunning and threatening, but not virtually unrecognizable. I’m still waiting for the live action equivalent of the BTAS version.

Heck, I don’t think Nolan would’ve gone that far!
So funny you say that because my biggest concern going into the movie was they would make The Riddler some cool, hyper competent John Doe type instead of a vain loser who while brilliant is nowhere near as brilliant as he thinks he is - a not uncommon and far more interesting take on the character. Plus, the way he's portrayed is integral to the movies themes.

The Riddler has waffled in the comics between serious threat to a complete joke (some stories will have him go from one to the other in the same storyline). There is no real consistent and definitive version of him beyond the green outfit and the desire to leave riddles for Batman to solve.

The Batman version is very in keeping with that, where he gets to kill people and post live streamed murderers in the vain of those videos The Joker sent to the Gotham City News in The Dark Knight, and then he is revealed to be an incel loser who just wanted to feel important. That is actually pretty faithful to the spirit of the character in how he's been presented in the comics (where he goes from one to the other depending on who is writing him).

Maybe it’s his portrayal in pop culture throughout the years (before The Batman) but I’ve always seen the Riddler as a beta villain. Like he’s always looking for validation and often needs to team up with more of an alpha villain. So The Batman’s version rang pretty true to me.

If Calle stands out in a positive way in The Flash, they should keep her for Woman of Tomorrow. And have Muschietti direct it.
Has it been confirmed that Calle is Kara Zor-El or is she another version of Supergirl. She looks like Lara Kent from the comics.

The Riddler has waffled in the comics between serious threat to a complete joke (some stories will have him go from one to the other in the same storyline). There is no real consistent and definitive version of him beyond the green outfit and the desire to leave riddles for Batman to solve.

The Batman version is very in keeping with that, where he gets to kill people and post live streamed murderers in the vain of those videos The Joker sent to the Gotham City News in The Dark Knight, and then he is revealed to be an incel loser who just wanted to feel important. That is actually pretty faithful to the spirit of the character in how he's been presented in the comics (where he goes from one to the other depending on who is writing him).

Some argue that in General Riddlers character is all about being validated and this is his main driving force.
He wants to be aknowledged or prove his worth and genius.
Most of the time its about his Ego and that he thinks himself superior to others.

It changes in how he wants to achieve that...but in the end, most of the time it is about his Ego.
In that, The Batman is rather close to what most think the Riddler is about.

Has it been confirmed that Calle is Kara Zor-El or is she another version of Supergirl. She looks like Lara Kent from the comics.

Confirmed not, but with the leak of the Zod Funko etc...it looks like it could very well be the case.
Many have mentioned the resemblance to Lara Kent, that is why some think that they will reveal in the movie her to be Lara Kent, daughter of Superman 1978s Superman.
But so far we only know she will be Supergirl.

I just realized, if they get rid of Gal then they're likely getting rid of that badass iconic Tina Guo/Zimmer theme. I dont care what anyone says, that is one of the best movie themes of the past decade. Not saying that another composer can't create another great fresh Wonder Woman theme but damn, It'd be a shame to see that one go.
Tbh they hardly used it outside of BvS, ZSJL, and WW. It was totally watered-down in WW84. But pound for pound it's THE best superhero theme EASILY. So naturally it's probably going to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"