DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

Green Lantern and Flash have a very interesting lore i hope that especially Green Lantern they do the Character right this time Green Lantern deserves to have a Good Adaptation in Live Action and for Flash i just hope they dont cast Ezra Miller again The Flash Movie it has to be his Farewell

Agree about Flash and Green Lantern.

I recently watched Black Adam and fell madly in love with the Justice Society. Now I want a JS prequel film set in the Golden Age, featuring several of the original members.

I think this would be a great way to introduce the Jay Garrick Flash and Alan Scott Green Lantern. Nice way to differentiate and shake off the stink of the Reynolds and Miller versions of the characters as well. I'm sure both Gunn and Safran want to move as far away from those previous versions as possible...

DC could then jump forward to introducing the 'modern' versions, with Barry or Wally taking over in a rebooted Flash movie and Hal/John taking center stage in The Lanterns show. The two Golden Age versions have a rich history together and I'd love to see that explored, either in the main continuity or in an Elseworlds tale.

I recently watched Black Adam and fell madly in love with the Justice Society. Now I want a JS prequel film set in the Golden Age, featuring several of the original members.

I think this would be a great way to introduce the Jay Garrick Flash and Alan Scott Green Lantern. Nice way to differentiate and shake off the stink of the Reynolds and Miller versions of the characters as well. I'm sure both Gunn and Safran want to move as far away from those previous versions as possible...

DC could then jump forward to introducing the 'modern' versions, with Barry or Wally taking over in a rebooted Flash movie and Hal/John taking center stage in The Lanterns show. The two Golden Age versions have a rich history together and I'd love to see that explored, either in the main continuity or in an Elseworlds tale.
That film would have worked better without Black Adam altogether lol. I loved Hawkman and Doctor Fate and the other 2 had some promise if they’d got more time. Would have been great to see them get another shot, but I guess getting Brosnan for anything beyond that might not have been likely.

Green Lantern and Flash have a very interesting lore i hope that especially Green Lantern they do the Character right this time Green Lantern deserves to have a Good Adaptation in Live Action and for Flash i just hope they dont cast Ezra Miller again The Flash Movie it has to be his Farewell
I want most of the important Lanterns covered well over a series of films where various ones at different points join with the JL and gradually see them build out. Could be a great sci-fi foundation of the DCU that overlaps with a bunch of other projects.

The way that Gunn talked about his DC universe and projects like Creature Commandos, indicates to me to the possibility that Golden Age heroes like the original JSA are part of the "canon history".

The way that Gunn talked about his DC universe and projects like Creature Commandos, indicates to me to the possibility that Golden Age heroes like the original JSA are part of the "canon history".
Good point, I like having that baked into the structure and existing history of this DCU.

Booster Gold: Past Imperfect and Grant Morrison’s Batman volume one have sold out on Amazon.

Incredible and awful because i havent had the time to get Morrisons Batman Vol1 yet...so the thing will be expensive as hell for a while.
I was too lazy with my Physical Comics buys.XD

But cool to see how a bit of Promotion helps selling comics so much.
I love it.

I reread Batman And Son and Batman R.I.P over the weekend. Obviously, I doubt the second one will be used as a reference but it still has some nice ideas, and the whole is quite entertaining even if a bit shaky.
Batman&Son isn't perfect either in my opinion (some things make nice twists while reading but don't make much sense to me when you take a few steps back) but is still a fun and easy read. If Gunn manages to capture that mix of fantasy elements (Man-Bat's army) with the "James Bond" adventure feel, it will be a nice complement to what Reeves is doing with the licence.
I think I'll pursue the reading by skipping Battle for the Cowl and going straight to Batman & Robin by Morisson and Quitely. I've never read it in its entirety before, though the stuff really appeals to me. Even if it's Dick under the cowl, I feel like that's the place where you could pull a lot of things from to create something really new, especially when it comes to the villains...

As far as Damian's character goes, I like him from what I know. I think he will be much more fun for the audience than Grayson or any other else sidekick. I know that many people appreciate and want to this mirror game where Bruce takes an orphan under his wing (which would make sense with Reeves whose first film touches, albeit timidly/superficially, on the theme of heritage with Batman, Seline and the Riddler) but the contrast in value between him and this son dropped from nowhere makes for a really dynamic duo (and I swear I didn't make that pun on purpose!).

In any case, if Reeves' Batman is bathed in a universe that speaks to me a lot, I find in what Gunn announced a genuine excitement and curiosity in this renewal of references and this will to explore new things.

Last edited:
Re: Darkseid, I believe the best way to use him as a villain- don't. Which is to say. . . don't use Darkseid as someone who does a villain plot that leads to the heroes having to fight him. You don't fight Darkseid, because you can't fight Darkseid. He's not a supervillain, he's Satan, a distant god-figure who exists in a place beyond you. You oppose his influence, by resisting temptations or the meddling of his agents or by punching people who are empowered by him.

You can’t employ someone like him and expect him to fall in line and do everything by the book lol. Gunn is Gunning :D

That assumes "ruffling some feathers" isn't exactly what the people who actually decided to hire him want done. I could entirely believe that part of Gunn's job description is to be an iconoclast who says and does a lot of the impolitic stuff that WB needs said and done. Best case scenario, he does the ruffling but its assuaged by success and that he's an obvious iconoclast from the getgo; worst case scenario, he takes the heat and the blame and spares the execs behind him of doing so. Win win, as long as its not your feathers being ruffled.

Gunn's not saying anything the press and fans don't already know at this point.

Ultimately ,he's got to end up delivering good films and shows ,which consistently ,do well.
If he can achieve that , he'll be golden.

Talk is cheap , but at the end of the day , good results, are what matters.

Re: Darkseid, I believe the best way to use him as a villain- don't. Which is to say. . . don't use Darkseid as someone who does a villain plot that leads to the heroes having to fight him. You don't fight Darkseid, because you can't fight Darkseid. He's not a supervillain, he's Satan, a distant god-figure who exists in a place beyond you. You oppose his influence, by resisting temptations or the meddling of his agents or by punching people who are empowered by him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gunn kinda continues the Darkseid story in a spiritual successor way to what was going in the DCEU, but maybe with more complexity to the Anti-Life equation and how it relates to hope/pessimism, more so than "Lois dead = Superman evil".

I just realized, if they get rid of Gal then they're likely getting rid of that badass iconic Tina Guo/Zimmer theme. I dont care what anyone says, that is one of the best movie themes of the past decade. Not saying that another composer can't create another great fresh Wonder Woman theme but damn, It'd be a shame to see that one go.

I reread Batman And Son and Batman R.I.P over the weekend. Obviously, I doubt the second one will be used as a reference but it still has some nice ideas, and the whole is quite entertaining even if a bit shaky.
Batman&Son isn't perfect either in my opinion (some things make nice twists while reading but don't make much sense to me when you take a few steps back) but is still a fun and easy read. If Gunn manages to capture that mix of fantasy elements (Man-Bat's army) with the "James Bond" adventure feel, it will be a nice complement to what Reeves is doing with the licence.
I think I'll pursue the reading by skipping Battle for the Cowl and going straight to Batman & Robin by Morisson and Quitely. I've never read it in its entirety before, though the stuff really appeals to me. Even if it's Dick under the cowl, I feel like that's the place where you could pull a lot of things from to create something really new, especially when it comes to the villains...

As far as Damian's character goes, I like him from what I know. I think he will be much more fun for the audience than Grayson or any other else sidekick. I know that many people appreciate and want to this mirror game where Bruce takes an orphan under his wing (which would make sense with Reeves whose first film touches, albeit timidly/superficially, on the theme of heritage with Batman, Seline and the Riddler) but the contrast in value between him and this son dropped from nowhere makes for a really dynamic duo (and I swear I didn't make that pun on purpose!).

In any case, if Reeves' Batman is bathed in a universe that speaks to me a lot, I find in what Gunn announced a genuine excitement and curiosity in this renewal of references and this will to explore new things.

As someone who appreciates Morrison's run — his Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne limited series in particular — but at the same time, doesn't quite love it, I really hope that Gunn pulls from additional sources. Frankly, I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case.

We can't know for sure, but, I'd bet my money on Gunn not only getting Superman right, but it will be a hit with fans and critics, anf it will do very very well financially.

Gunn once again confirms DC is now a separate entity from WB, meaning there won’t be any interference from the WB brass like there was before with the previous regimes:

FoXjMNtaYAY9m1j

Hoping this means this means the quality control will be more like Marvel Studios. We’ll see.

We can't know for sure, but, I'd bet my money on Gunn not only getting Superman right, but it will be a hit with fans and critics, anf it will do very very well financially.
If he manages that then Gunn’s stock will rise a lot, along with confidence in the whole DCU vision (in spite of Zaslav).

Gunn once again confirms DC is now a separate entity from WB, meaning there won’t be any interference from the WB brass like there was before with the previous regimes:

FoXjMNtaYAY9m1j

Hoping this means this means the quality control will be more like Marvel Studios. We’ll see.

Seems like Gunn and Safran are reporting directly to WBD CEO David Zaslav instead of having to run their ideas past WB studio heads or dealing with middle management. This seems similar to what happened with Marvel Studios as phase three was starting up (Feige reported to Disney directly, instead of Pearlmutter and a creative committee like he did with phases one and two).

But hopefully the exact opposite to the MCU when it comes to creative freedom or lack thereof.

Well Feige is the one putting limits and it's only when it comes to overall big picture. I mean we just saw what happens when a director is let loose with hardly any restraints(Thor: Love & Thunder). Some times Feige's restraints are needed.

Well Feige is the one putting limits and it's only when it comes to overall big picture. I mean we just saw what happens when a director is let loose with hardly any restraints(Thor: Love & Thunder). Some times Feige's restraints are needed.
I don't even like all of Taika's movies and he's still a unique and special enough talent that he has every right to make whatever awkward misfire he wants at this point without being micromanaged by a zealous lobbyist for mediocrity like Feige.

(I do like Love & Thunder, though, I technically like every MCU movie to some degree.)

I'm sure The Flash will probably be a solid flick and a fun time, but NO level of fun time can justify keeping Ezra around, I'm sorry. The only result I'd accept if the movie's a hit is keeping Muschietti and the rest of the cast around (as we know they're already keeping Hodson) in whatever capacity they'd be suited for. If he knocks this outta the park, I certainly wouldn't object to Muschietti on Superman. Or if they're considering using Calle for Woman of Tomorrow, let him direct that with her.

If Calle stands out in a positive way in The Flash, they should keep her for Woman of Tomorrow. And have Muschietti direct it.

I just realized, if they get rid of Gal then they're likely getting rid of that badass iconic Tina Guo/Zimmer theme. I dont care what anyone says, that is one of the best movie themes of the past decade. Not saying that another composer can't create another great fresh Wonder Woman theme but damn, It'd be a shame to see that one go.

Zimmer did a great job building that electric cello anthem up into a full fledged theme in WW84. I was frankly surprised at how good his score was -- nothing like his dreary Nolan Batman scores. That will always be synonymous with Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iamjonahlobe
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"