DC Films The DC Studios News and Discussion Thread

So writers strike is seemingly going ahead. Dc are cursed for real :)

Hope issues get resolved and otherwise that Dc have some scripts done already somewhat.

As I said in another thread, I believe because Gunn is also the director of the movie he's allowed to keep writing on it. At least that's how it worked last time, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think so. As a member of the WGA he wouldn't be allowed to work on a script. I would assume he can continue casting though, as well as other pre-production duties.

I don't think so. As a member of the WGA he wouldn't be allowed to work on a script. I would assume he can continue casting though, as well as other pre-production duties.

Hosts of TV shows that helped writing were still to do both they just got no WGA credit I think.

I wonder how long the strike will last. Hopefully it can be resolved in a fair way asap.

If not Robbie there are plenty of other good candidates. And if they reached out to Robbie at all I would be at least impressed that they are taking F4 seriously. Ideally I want her to stay as Harley whatever else she chooses to do, but not sure that’s happening.

Gunn said on Twitter that he will work with her again. Didn’t he also say she was the best actor he’d ever worked with?

Can’t see them splitting if Harley is in the DCU at all.

Yeah, studios are much more prepared now than they were 15 years ago, and the nature of streaming helps them a lot compared to the era of peak network TV where most shows were being written while they went into production. Everything that is either filming or is in post production is theoretically not affected and there is a big back-up of shows waiting to be released for most streaming companies.That means that the WGA unfortunately doesn't have the same leverage they did the last time around.

However, if the DGA, IATSE and SAG-AFTRA go on a strike too in the next few months that's a whole other story. Eventually studios will have to give their employees and associates what they rightfully deserve.

Gunn said on Twitter that he will work with her again. Didn’t he also say she was the best actor he’d ever worked with?

Can’t see them splitting if Harley is in the DCU at all.
Oh didn’t know that. Good to hear.

Michael Keaton's Batman Officially Joins DC Comics' Main Continuity

"Bruce Wayne comes face-to-face with Batman '89's Dark Knight, who was played by Michael Keaton in the Tim Burton-directed film, in DC's Batman #135. In the current "The Bat-Man of Gotham," Bruce has found himself trapped in an alternate version of Gotham following a battle with Failsafe. In order to get home, Bruce has had to face Red Mask -- a dangerous version of the Joker who is messing around with multiversal energy in an attempt to learn more about Prime Earth's Clown Prince of Crime. Bruce gets sucked into Red Mask's multiverse device after being betrayed by this world's version of Catwoman/Selina Kyle in Batman #135. While this causes him to meet and interact many different versions of the Dark Knight over the course of the issue, the first place Bruce lands is in the Batman '89 universe."

Michael Keaton's Batman Officially Joins DC Comics' Main Continuity

I'm liking the way DC are pushing Keaton-Bats. Maybe there are more big things coming... :ybat:

But with these IP's, above anything else they are hired to be the temporary stewards of a legacy. A legacy that already belongs to the hearts and minds of millions, not just them. Which means they have to put that before their own creative ego. The #1 thing a studio needs to do when choosing that steward, is making sure they respect that legacy in the first place.

Exactly this. Bravo Flick :up:

If any of you ever get a moment, take some time to read about Spider-Man's journey to the big screen. When the IP belonged to Cannon Films, apparently the studio misunderstood the character's concept so thoroughly that they wanted to bombard Peter Parker with radiation and turn him into a suicidal, mutated human/spider hybrid freak. If Stan Lee himself hadn't intervened, think about what kind of Spidey film we would have gotten and shudder :eek:

It's one thing to put an individual stamp on a character, but it's something else entirely to acknowledge the responsibility of portraying said character faithfully and respecting their essense in order to appease fans. This is an area where I personally feel Snyder failed spectacularly, and I say this as a fan of ZSJL. Hopefully Gunn understands this better, because if he screws up Superman, WBD may as well just scrap their plans and start over yet again.

If any of you ever get a moment, take some time to read about Spider-Man's journey to the big screen. When the IP belonged to Cannon Films, apparently the studio misunderstood the character's concept so thoroughly that they wanted to bombard Peter Parker with radiation and turn him into a suicidal, mutated human/spider hybrid freak. If Stan Lee himself hadn't intervened, think about what kind of Spidey film we would have gotten and shudder :eek:

It's one thing to put an individual stamp on a character, but it's something else entirely to acknowledge the responsibility of portraying said character faithfully and respecting their essense in order to appease fans. This is an area where I personally feel Snyder failed spectacularly, and I say this as a fan of ZSJL. Hopefully Gunn understands this better, because if he screws up Superman, WBD may as well just scrap their plans and start over yet again.
Yup. If he screws it up they'll be almost zero interest in any of his DCU projects moving forward after it.
He won't screw it up tho, I have faith.

Had those Cannon Films guys just watched The Fly? :beaming:

I mean, great film, but it’s not exactly our local neighbourhood Spidey that we know and love.

I remember when rumors about that showed up on message boards...I remember people even defending it.

Stuff like this is why when people on sites like this whine about "studio interference" they have lost the script. Studios are what stop dreck ideas like this from coming to fruition. I know the common theory is directors and writers are artists and their vision is pure and should be respected. That is just ridiculous and wrong. If directors and writers were in charge there would be way more films that are like the Snyder Cut than there would be anything else. Studios are a needed check against the ego and preciousness that is the artist.

This, 100% this. Yes, we regularly hear about when studio meddling harms a work. . . but is that because studio meddling is always 100% harmful? No, its because when the "studio meddling" improves the work, nobody has any incentive to *talk about it*. Its just system working as intended. Your average director or screenwriter sure isn't going to be eager to say publicly "I had this terrible idea that I really wanted to do, but the suits nixxed it. Good thing, huh?"

( Snyder is, natch, not the average director. Also, one of the best arguments against auteur freedom. *ahem* )

What could have been.

6TXImSi.jpg

'And also Zach Snyder' should be his full name and title from now on. *eg*

Yeah this is a rare feeling of relief for DC fans, we should embrace and hold onto this moment while we can.
Yeah, I’ve not had this peaceful (almost hopeful lol) feeling for a long time amidst all the chaos. It’s going to be either carnage or party time once Superman finally gets here so as you say, let’s enjoy the relative serene scenario for now. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"