Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

Couldn't they have made Ikaris look different? Given him his comic blond hair? If he had a metal arm he'd look just like Bucky.

Yeah was thinking the same...but he looks better that way, than like He-Man or Barbie Ken

Yes, it is. But I guess a few seconds of browsing or remembering it is hard. Though I love how you stopped there and not when I also said "especially as of recent."

Guardians 2-
Why Guardians Vol. 2 is the Best Marvel Movie

Black Panther-
‘Black Panther’ Review: Ryan Coogler Delivers the Best Marvel Movie So Far
Black Panther hailed as the best Marvel movie by far: Review roundup

Civil War-
15 Reasons Civil War Is The ULTIMATE Marvel Movie

Ragnarok-
Why ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Is the Best MCU Movie

So on and so forth. But you're right, it's not said at all.

You’re genuinely not making the point you think you are to the point where it’s actually funny that you think you are.

You’re linking to clickbait articles written by randoms AFTER the movie came out where someone random made a listicle calling it their favorite. Because writers for those sites literally have to write like 8 articles a day.

The ONLY movie in your whole post where you linked something that actually was related to their point was Black Panther. The one that got nominated for Best Picture.

You were in such a hurry to be a condescending bully that you proved that poster right. Unless of course you can link to stuff written BEFORE these movies came out making these claims.

Honestly, your Black Panther “points” weren’t even valid because you’re comparing whispers made months before release to actual reviews made by critics who saw the full movie.

But hey, hope your post made you feel like a big kid for a few minutes.

the footage looks brighter, than I expected. You can see the style of Nomadland with dusty sunset skies.

The shot of Salma Hayek looks like it belongs in The Rider.

That shot reminded me of a Taylor Sheridan movie. I think it looked great :up: It stands out. There's just a more deft and assured hand here compared to the other Marvel footage. So far, I'm liking this take.

Last edited:
can't wait to see the celestials, hope we get some flashbacks of the other host. Maybe the eternals didn't show up before because they were watching Arishem as he passes his fifty year judgement.

No it isn't.
Hate to say it, but it is. At least of late and especially is the case when the social media reactions (from media) comes out. I saw it with Guardians 2, Civil War, Black Panther, and so on and so forth.

Can't wait for the full trailer. Just from that little we did see this looks pretty epic and grand in scale.

Movie looks great. I hope this movie treats most of the characters equally, marvel can't call it the Eternals and then only focus on one character. Angelina Jolie looks divine and Madden is as hot as ever.

The teaser should be attached to Cruella and whatever movies are released in the summer. I hope it is released this month.

I know it was really short, but damn do I get the feeling this movie is going to be something special. I am so glad that I've avoided any leaks so far, because I still have no idea what to expect from this and that just makes me even more excited for it and I hope it stays that until it comes out.

I really love what I'm seeing though just from those quick glimpses and yes the gorgeous, vibrant cinematogprahy combined with what looks like mostly real locations definitely gives it a more epic and grandscale feel than you typical Marvel film and I can always appreciate that.

Also, Kumail looks beyond jacked for this that its crazy lol.

I think it will be released this month. It fits within their time frame of promotion. Now let's hope they cut a trailer that lives up to the footage.

I agree about the scope. This looks like it might finally break that Marvel mold I've been talking about. I've been wanting to see stuff that just isn't filmed on a sound stage with a green screen. It has a texture and weight to it. Look what a difference it makes! That shot of Selma Hayek on the horse doesn't look like a Marvel movie. If Marvel is going to continue, visual stuff like this is how you do it. Stop making them look like Apple commercials! I think it could also just be that Zhao has a better eye for cinematography than the other directors. The best looking Marvel movies were the first two IM films.

Anyone see what the Celestials looks like? It was on the Marvel wiki. I don't know how real it was, but if it is, they look very cool.

Last edited:
I know it was really short, but damn do I get the feeling this movie is going to be something special. I am so glad that I've avoided any leaks so far, because I still have no idea what to expect from this and that just makes me even more excited for it and I hope it stays that until it comes out.

I really love what I'm seeing though just from those quick glimpses and yes the gorgeous, vibrant cinematogprahy combined with what looks like mostly real locations definitely gives it a more epic and grandscale feel than you typical Marvel film and I can always appreciate that.

Also, Kumail looks beyond jacked for this that its crazy lol.
I’ve been looking forward to this one (I usually gravitate more to team/ensemble properties) but what they showed was a level up from what I was expecting. As you say it does feel different to what we’ve got used to with Marvel films.

This will be released two months after Shang-Chi, so a teaser should be expected around mid-June.

Well that's deflating... I thought the leaked plot was beyond awful.

In defense of this "leak", the way its written reads a lot like how the Endgame leak was written. And by that I mean that it mentions a lot of random story points and scenes without any sense of flow, character beats or pacing. And from what I remember, a lot of people at the time bashed it and claimed it was fake because how disjointed the leak read.

So yeah from face value it may seem mediocre, but it's also compressing a 2+ hour movie into a reddit post without a lot context.

Last edited:
This will be released two months after Shang-Chi, so a teaser should be expected around mid-June.
Sounds about right. It'll be released in time to play in front of Black Widow

67jI0sV.gif

biujy7R.gif

WuXsvpb.gif
xT4aC3H.gif

lSAQNHm.gif
EaIaJMh.gif

7eYDZpY.gif

3zoFVoe.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back