Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

Unlike with Shang Chi, Moon Knight and Blade, I hope there's no crossovers with other MCU characters until the end of the second movie.

This will be released two months after Shang-Chi, so a teaser should be expected around mid-June.

Mid-June will be Spiderman.
July will be the trailer for Shang Chi (probably with BW)
I see a Eternals trailer coming on 17th or 18th of May - that’ll be 4 weeks after the Shang Chi trailer.
Next week gonna be What if...

Last edited:
I kind of want the very first MCU character one of them meets being Thor because he would want to know how powerful they are compared to him.

Unlike with Shang Chi, Moon Knight and Blade, I hope there's no crossovers with other MCU characters until the end of the second movie.
I think there could be room for Eson, who was briefly shown in GotG, or maybe some presence (like a cameo) of a younger Thanos in a flashback depending on how they tell the story. Definitely no Avengers needed here though.

Rumor has it that
Thena’s secret is, that she has kids with Kro

good point - then it might be
another Deviant

They should've made Angelina Jolie look like Maleficent. Imagine that imposing figure standing behind all of the rest of them.

I think there could be room for Eson, who was briefly shown in GotG, or maybe some presence (like a cameo) of a younger Thanos in a flashback depending on how they tell the story. Definitely no Avengers needed here though.

At least not for two movies. It should be more like Guardians of the Galaxy as they didn't meet any Avengers until Avengers: Infinity War.

Although if the plot leak is true:

then the voice that tells Dane Whitman not to touch the sword could have something to do with Dr. Strange, not Strange himself though. Wong perhaps?

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, as I'm not following the news about Eternals, even though it's a movie I'm interested about. Is the Forgotten One/Gilgamesh supposed to be in this movie?

Just out of curiosity, as I'm not following the news about Eternals, even though it's a movie I'm interested about. Is the Forgotten One/Gilgamesh supposed to be in this movie?

If he isn't, it's probably because they forgot about him, true to his name.

Yes, he is played by Ma Dong-seok. He can be seen in the teaser on the far right in the scene in the forest wearing regular clothes, and once more front and center in costume in the scene in front of the Ishtar Gate of Babylon.

Yes, he's portrayed by Ma Dong-seok. He's standing in the center of the "Eternals Assemble!" shot in front of the ancient temple.

Yes, he's portrayed by Ma Dong-seok. He's standing in the center of the "Eternals Assemble!" shot in front of the ancient temple.
(it's actually not a temple but the gate to the inner city of Babylon)

They better not shout that more often than the Avengers!

I’m reading the Kirby run at the moment:
I hope we’ll see the creation of Eternals and Deviants and the downfall of Lemuria.

Also it would be nice to see Olympia and/or Polaria

We’re definitely will see the city of the space gods and the architecture looks aztec like in the Kirby run

I believe so. The pictures shown include the Ishtar Gates from Babylon so I'd imagine that has something to do with him.

I think it will be released this month. It fits within their time frame of promotion. Now let's hope they cut a trailer that lives up to the footage.

I agree about the scope. This looks like it might finally break that Marvel mold I've been talking about. I've been wanting to see stuff that just isn't filmed on a sound stage with a green screen. It has a texture and weight to it. Look what a difference it makes! That shot of Selma Hayek on the horse doesn't look like a Marvel movie. If Marvel is going to continue, visual stuff like this is how you do it. Stop making them look like Apple commercials! I think it could also just be that Zhao has a better eye for cinematography than the other directors.

Yes. Its time to get rid of mediocre journeyman hacks like the Russo brothers.

I have my problems with Marvel, but I don't think they deliberately try to prevent a movie from looking good. They're a very artist driven studio for the most part, I just think the problem is the directors they hire aren't like Chloe Zhao who don't have as much of an eye for visuals and direction.

The Russos are by no means hacks. I have a problem with how their movies look sometimes, but when it comes to their output in Marvel, they have a very keen awareness of storytelling.

That being said, if Denis Villenueve wants to make a Silver Surfer movie, let him make whatever the hell he wants instead of trying to check off a list of what a SS movie needs in order to expand the MCU. I don't want to see the Guardians of the Galaxy or a FF character guest star.

Well a lot people do want to cameo with other known characters. I also want that someone we already know shows up in Eternals or Shang Chi. I love the MCU because of all those conected storylines and characters. I don‘t want standalone movies anymore

Well a lot people do want to cameo with other known characters. I also want that someone we already know shows up in Eternals or Shang Chi. I love the MCU because of all those conected storylines and characters. I don‘t want standalone movies anymore

If the leak is true about

Dane Whitman getting possession of a magic sword in the Mid credits and another voice telling him not to do that, the other voice might be one of the Masters of the Mystic Arts and if that's the case, it could be Wong.

As for Shang Chi

I believe he'll do something that will attract the attention of an existing MCU character in the mid/post credits. Doesn't need to be an Avenger though.

Do we already know, which actor plays Kro?
Dan Stevens was rumored to have a role in this lately- he has experience playing mocap-characters

Do we already know, which actor plays Kro?
Dan Stevens was rumored to have a role in this lately- he has experience playing mocap-characters

I think the leak said that Kro was voiced by:

Diego Luna

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"