Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

I think Eternals is moving to 2022…that’s what it sounded like in the earnings call

EDIT: probably talking about fiscal year 2022 (not calendar year)

Last edited:
Disney plus will celebrate its 2 year birthday and will celebrate it with big announcements on November 12th - that marks almost the release date of Eternals.
Also they’re rolling out to a lot Asian markets that month.
My prediction, if Shang Chi underperforms: Eternals will come directly to Disney plus (no Premiere Access) that day, to pull subscriptions in the new asian markets

Bob Chapek yesterday:
"Disney+ Day will be a balanced approach between global and local product. We're going to have a really exciting lineup as you might guess as we approach those consumers who have not yet signed up for Disney+ with a really attractive group of titles to be announced."

Disney plus will celebrate its 2 year birthday and will celebrate it with big announcements on November 12th - that marks almost the release date of Eternals.
Also they’re rolling out to a lot Asian markets that month.
My prediction, if Shang Chi underperforms: Eternals will come directly to Disney plus (no Premiere Access) that day, to pull subscriptions in the new asian markets

Bob Chapek yesterday:
"Disney+ Day will be a balanced approach between global and local product. We're going to have a really exciting lineup as you might guess as we approach those consumers who have not yet signed up for Disney+ with a really attractive group of titles to be announced."
Come directly to D+? Plenty of countries still have their theaters open. Just because Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings would underperform at the boX office, it doesn't mean they are going to undercut Eternals' theaterical run by just releasing it online.

And I don't see why they need to cancel the theaterical release of the movie in other continents just because D+ is opening in a couple of Asian countries. D+ also already launched in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia a few months ago. India iirc already has D+ as well.

Last edited:
I don’t think they would ever put a Marvel movie directly to D+ without Premiere Access.

I will not be happy if Makkari is killed off at the end of this film. I hope she's alive at the end of this film because the MCU needs a speedster among their heroes ever since the asinine decision to kill off Pietro in Age of Ultron.

There's also Speed, who will almost certainly show up eventually once the Young Avengers plot arc gets seriously underway.

The one character that I hope doesn't get killed is Thena. I hope this isn't a 1 and done project for Angelina Jolie as I definitely want to see her interact with the other Marvel characters in the future.

Those black and gold posters are beautiful

Well Mcu could also introduce Northstar.

There's also Speed, who will almost certainly show up eventually once the Young Avengers plot arc gets seriously underway.

Yeah but when? And how much longer? By making Makkari live past the first film, there's a chance we get a speedster for Avengers 5. I don't want to wait until Avengers 6 or even X-Men for a speedster.

They really are confident. First time they promote the directors name in a trailer?

Looks very risky. Good they try something New.

Now that’s what I call a trailer. A grandiose spectacle and a big improvement from the barebones subdued look of the teaser.

It’s still very much Marvel but feels somewhat new and fresh. It has a veneer of style and finesse. Happy to see it finally corresponding to my expectations of something different and interesting.

Meh

JoyousDefinitiveDikkops-max-1mb.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"