Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

I will say the scene of Chan smiling while braiding the girl's hair while Madden looks on disconnected tells you all about how each one see the world, especially as they're in a complicated relationship, as was explained in that EW article. It's that kind of show-don't-tell we don't get in trailers these days.

That said, even if they could interfere, I doubt they could do anything to stop us from killing each other. We're killing each other over masks.

"We were instructed not to interfere."
"By who?"

IQDiU9L.jpg

IQDiU9L

I still don't like the look of their ship, just a block floating through space, also they didn't come here they were created here. Unless they are going to make them the eternals from thanos's home or something to tie in the eternals on Saturn's moon Titan. Although I don't remember if they ever mention that thanos was from Titan, it seemed more like he was from some distant galaxy rather than our solar system.

The good part is that I do love they are going to show more celestials. Can't wait to see how they show the different host that came to earth. Maybe this will be when arishem shows up to do the fifty year judgment or something.

Eson the searcher in guardians of the galaxy 1 was perfect looking, I hope they keep the kirby style for the other celestials, so far all the pictures I have seen make the celestials look thin and lanky, judging by the way the eternals ship looks I don't they will keep the kirby style. I don't get that since we saw it in gotg and thor ragnarok, we know the look already.

anyway I am really looking forward to seeing the power of the celestials

"We were instructed not to interfere."
"By who?"

IQDiU9L.jpg

IQDiU9L
Still not sure about the choice to double up on Eson's six eyes () for Arishem instead of giving him his own slitted coffeemug head (). I get that a one to one adaption of the comics may not look great but I feel like they could've done something more unique with it.

Last edited:
Awesome trailer

- Looks like Sersi is going to be the closest thing to a main character.
- Could the Eternals have been immune from the snap? Seems that way.
- That Celestial, WOW.
- The Cinematography is shaping up to be the best the MCU has ever offered.

Cannot wait for this, please no more delays.

Not sure about this movie. With Zhao I'm sure there's much more to this, but like many directors in the MCU, the end action scenes might just be taken over by generic second unit with CGI overload. Like the trailer.

Now THIS is a trailer! Seriously, this trailer was one of gods and myth, and it looks epic! Even the humor in this trailer works better. I am so jazzed for this!!!!!

Great trailer, leagues better than the first and I liked that one. the cinematography is beautiful.

Awesome trailer

- Looks like Sersi is going to be the closest thing to a main character.
Doesn't look to be so from the trailer. I think its going to be well balanced with Sersi, Ikaris, Thena and Ajak getting majority of the focus. Honestly I prefer it that way, I don't want it to be Sersi and friends. Thena, Makkari and Ikaris are definitely going to be my favorites.

Didn't the director already confirm that Sersi is the lead?

But based on the final trailer, Ikaris got more screen time.

I still don't like the look of their ship, just a block floating through space, also they didn't come here they were created here. Unless they are going to make them the eternals from thanos's home or something to tie in the eternals on Saturn's moon Titan. Although I don't remember if they ever mention that thanos was from Titan, it seemed more like he was from some distant galaxy rather than our solar system.
It seems like a deliberate change. Now the Eternals are definitely not products of human genetic manipulation. Thanos in the movie is never described as being from the moon Titan and the confrontation on his planet seemed to be an actual planet and not a moon (it had its own moon he threw at everyone). For those wondering if this will set up mutants, the change in the Eternals removes any reason to believe they'll say that the Celestials are responsible for human mutation.

I thought the Deviants were monstrous humanoids, not dragons.

Kro in the trailer is a bit more humanoid.

It seems like a deliberate change. Now the Eternals are definitely not products of human genetic manipulation. Thanos in the movie is never described as being from the moon Titan and the confrontation on his planet seemed to be an actual planet and not a moon (it had its own moon he threw at everyone). For those wondering if this will set up mutants, the change in the Eternals removes any reason to believe they'll say that the Celestials are responsible for human mutation.

Kro in the trailer is a bit more humanoid.
Thats the one holding Thena, right.

Having read the plot leak, they're doing a good job keeping the central conflict under wraps with this trailer.

Wow! That trailer successfully made me go from "Meh. I don't need to see this in theaters." to "Holy crap. I need to see this in theaters!"

In the MCU they made Titan a distant planet which coincidentally has the same name as Saturn's moon. Thanos did call the planet Titan by name. I think it's a fine choice, since having a bunch of aliens within our own solar system wouldn't be as believable nowadays and interstellar travel had already been widely established in the MCU anyway.

Wow! That trailer successfully made me go from "Meh. I don't need to see this in theaters." to "Holy crap. I need to see this in theaters!"

This trailer is much better in my opinion.
This really should have been the first trailer.

While I'm still in no rush to see this, it definitely got down to business in terms of introducing the characters to the GA and saying " This is why the film is important".

The previous trailer, while having some great imagery, was self important ,without really justifying why " you need to see this film ASAP" .

They were trying to keep things close to the chest to be sure, but alot of fans didn't care enough for the trailer to be that intrigued about what they were keeping close to the chest.

Yes, the previous trailer worked with alot of fans, but the reaction was mixed overall .

I think they took for granted that fans and the GA would just care because" It's Marvel ".

With this one, I think they realized that they needed to grab people and say "This is why this story is relevant ".

I think this trailer did that.

I agree this should have been the first trailer.

I have been saying I had a good feeling about this movie and that it was the CBM I was most looking forward to. Even despite the previous trailer being underwhelming, I still had a good feeling. But yeah, if there was any lingering doubt whether I was more excited for another CBM as much as this one, this trailer killed it.

This movie is going to be amazing

Marvel was like “ok here’s why they didn’t fight Thanos or anyone else! Stop asking!”

Like the trailer though. The scope looks great and I didn’t notice any large CGI objects falling from the sky which is a nice change. I just wish every trailer didn’t have to end on a joke after the title card.

I wonder if the energy surge from everyone being brought back from the snap is how they explain mutants being created.

Much better trailer, at least now feels looks like something epic. Still no idea whats going on but then I know nothing about the comic so thats probably only me. Looks a bit different to the other MCU fair of usual so might check it out.

Much better trailer, at least now feels looks like something epic. Still no idea whats going on but then I know nothing about the comic so thats probably only me. Looks a bit different to the other MCU fair of usual so might check it out.

The plot appears by the trailers to revolve around the impending arrival or awakening of a Celestial. I recently read the first 2 issues of Kirby's Eternals, and essentially the plot of that revolved around the Celestials impending return to Earth to judge their experiment after centuries. The movie appears to be following suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"