Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

@TheVileOne
Pip the Troll - is he in the end credit scene along with Starfox as rumored

also
is Atlantis and or Lemuria in the movie?

@TheVileOne even weaker than Thor: The Dark World?!

I don't know how he feels but for me if it is that's really bad, because Thor: The Dark World is my worst MCU film. However, what the film did for me was that future MCU projects made me look at some of the characters differently. In Thor The Dark World, I found all of the human characters quite annoying. It took a later MCU project in Wandavision for me to actually like Darcy Lewis (who was one of the worst parts of the first two movies, TDW especially). My opinions on Thor and Loki turned around in Thor: Ragnarok and I hope that Thor: Love and Thunder can change my opinion on Jane Foster as right now, I don't like Jane Foster in the MCU.

Apparently Pip is Patton Oswalt.

still waiting for his filibuster from Parks and Recreation to come true

Also

the leaks indicate that a voice is telling Dane Whitman not to touch the Ebony Blade. Do we know who that voice is?

I don't know how he feels but for me if it is that's really bad, because Thor: The Dark World is my worst MCU film. However, what the film did for me was that future MCU projects made me look at some of the characters differently. In Thor The Dark World, I found all of the human characters quite annoying. It took a later MCU project in Wandavision for me to actually like Darcy Lewis (who was one of the worst parts of the first two movies, TDW especially). My opinions on Thor and Loki turned around in Thor: Ragnarok and I hope that Thor: Love and Thunder can change my opinion on Jane Foster as right now, I don't like Jane Foster in the MCU.

Yes, I thought it was weaker than Thor: The Dark World. If I have Eternals at about 5/10, then for me, Thor: The Dark World is closer to a 6/10.

Also, not answering any spoiler questions. Unlike some people, I follow proper spoiler protocol.

Yes, I thought it was weaker than Thor: The Dark World. If I have Eternals at about 5/10, then for me, Thor: The Dark World is closer to a 6/10.

Also, not answering any spoiler questions. Unlike some people, I follow proper spoiler protocol.

At least a few of the characters in Thor: The Dark World have a chance to improve in future projects like Darcy did in Wandavision and hopefully Jane in Love and Thunder. I am still not a fan of Jane Foster, but I hope that turns around in Love and Thunder. If the leak is true, that chance my not happen for a few of the Eternals characters.

Dang that's rough. I always thought the TDW was going to forever be my worst MCU movie. I'll still try to keep an open mind going into Eternals though.

We’ll, if someone says that it’s weaker than TDW and a lot other say it’s in their top 5, then I don’t feel worried at all :grin:

We’ll, if someone says that it’s weaker than TDW and a lot other say it’s in their top 5, then I don’t feel worried at all :grin:

Well, it's all subjective. Just because you like something doesn't mean someone else will.

Don't let me dissuade anyone. It's my own personal opinion. I didn't really like it or have a good time.

I'm sure others can find things to like about it.

At least a few of the characters in Thor: The Dark World have a chance to improve in future projects like Darcy did in Wandavision and hopefully Jane in Love and Thunder. I am still not a fan of Jane Foster, but I hope that turns around in Love and Thunder. If the leak is true, that chance my not happen for a few of the Eternals characters.

Thor: The Dark World at least has Thor and Loki in it being cool and doing cool stuff. I couldn't stand Darcy either in The Dark World but yes, she was far more tolerable in WandaVision.

This sounds like a Captain Marvel misfire to me.

IMHO, the movie was a misfire. Overall, I found it to be very tepid, lifeless and un-engaging.

PROS:

* Some interesting sci-fi visuals and concepts.
* Jack Kirby influences and flourishes.
* As a Marvel film it's very standalone. It doesn't rely on all the other films to understand what's going on.
* Kumail Nanjiani is great and the best part of the movie.

CONS:

* The characters are largely lacking in warmth and charm.
* Sersi and Ikaris have no chemistry at all.
* Kingo was badly utilized.
* Deviants are badly utilized and are a total afterthought.
* Reveals too much too early, trouble with exposition dumps.
* Angelina Jolie was awful in this movie. I couldn't fathom what her character was doing at all. I couldn't tell if she was trying to make her character sound British or Greek.
* The historical scenes are kind of boring.
* Badly lit action. There's one action scene in the Amazon that's just really hazy, dim and overcast with blue. It looks bad and it hurt my eyes watching it on IMAX.

Eh, I didn't love Captain Marvel, but I felt that movie was decent and like a decent little superhero origin story and action adventure film. This was just dull and drab.

Eh, I didn't love Captain Marvel, but I felt that movie was decent and like a decent little superhero origin story and action adventure film. This was just dull and drab.

Captain Marvel was solid. My main issue was that she lacked any sort of personality in her movie once she became Captain Marvel. She showed a bit more of it in Avengers End Game and showed it when she was 100% largely human.

Sounds to me like a solid Sci Fi movie to me. Interstellar got 72% on Rotten and I freaking love that movie. The reason I love Shang-Chi because it was less of a MCU movie. I'm not a fan of the MCU movies since I can't take it seriously while they constantly making jokes. I enjoyed the Captain America First Avenger and Winter Soldier. That's why I preferred Superman(Donner), TDK, Logan, X-Men 2 and DOFP as a good/great comic book movies and I even enjoy Ang Lee's Hulk.

Sounds to me like a solid Sci Fi movie to me. Interstellar got 72% on Rotten and I freaking love that movie. The reason I love Shang-Chi because it was less of a MCU movie. I'm not a fan of the MCU movies since I can't take it seriously while they constantly making jokes. I enjoyed the Captain America First Avenger and Winter Soldier. That's why I preferred Superman(Donner), TDK, Logan, X-Men 2 and DOFP as a good/great comic book movies and I even enjoy Ang Lee's Hulk.

What will you do if it drops below 72%?

I don't care about Rotten Tomatoes scores for movies. All I care about is if I like the film. There have been plenty of films (all of them non-MCU) that have scores under 70% that I have enjoyed a lot.

IMHO, the movie was a misfire. Overall, I found it to be very tepid, lifeless and un-engaging.

PROS:

* Some interesting sci-fi visuals and concepts.
* Jack Kirby influences and flourishes.
* As a Marvel film it's very standalone. It doesn't rely on all the other films to understand what's going on.
* Kumail Nanjiani is great and the best part of the movie.

CONS:

* The characters are largely lacking in warmth and charm.
* Sersi and Ikaris have no chemistry at all.
* Kingo was badly utilized.
* Deviants are badly utilized and are a total afterthought.
* Reveals too much too early, trouble with exposition dumps.
* Angelina Jolie was awful in this movie. I couldn't fathom what her character was doing at all. I couldn't tell if she was trying to make her character sound British or Greek.
* The historical scenes are kind of boring.
* Badly lit action. There's one action scene in the Amazon that's just really hazy, dim and overcast with blue. It looks bad and it hurt my eyes watching it on IMAX.
Damn. So Ikaris and Sersi are really as unremarkable as some said they were?

What will you do if it drops below 72%?

Why would I care about that? What matters is my own opinion. I'll be the judge of that since from the people who likes the movie seems to be right up my ally or taste for that matter. Seems to me Eternals is a MIX reviews which means you either love it or hate it. Someone said that the Eternals is what Ridley Scott's Prometheus should have been is what totally sold me. This person gets it.

I don't think so. A lot of people who liked CM didn't like this, even hardcore MCU fans. In addition to that, CM had better critic score and was also loved by the GA. I don't think I ever saw so many people describe CM as boring as they do Eternals.

Why would I care about that? What matters is my own opinion. I'll be the judge of that since from the people who likes the movie seems to be right up my ally or taste for that matter. Seems to me Eternals is a MIX reviews which means you either love it or hate it. Someone said that the Eternals is what Ridley Scott's Prometheus should have been is what totally sold me. This person gets it.

I mean the fact that you compared the score to Interstellar's RT meter shows you do care at least somewhat about it.

I don't think so. A lot of people who liked CM didn't like this, even hardcore MCU fans. In addition to that, CM had better critic score and was also loved by the GA. I don't think I ever saw so many people describe CM as boring as they do Eternals.

I can't say I was ever really bored with Captain Marvel as much as I was with Eternals. Captain Marvel, not perfect, but it did have good pacing IMHO.

Also, I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, this is just my personal feelings. I know there are people who liked it and that's fine.

I'm sure there are people who are going to enjoy it and find things to like about it. As a movie, I like that it's fairly standalone picture that doesn't force a lot of connections to past Marvel films. To me that's why I don't give it a lower score. It does have some ambitious and refreshing elements about it. But character, direction, writing, performance, and execution just weren't there for me.

Last edited:
I don't care about Rotten Tomatoes scores for movies. All I care about is if I like the film. There have been plenty of films (all of them non-MCU) that have scores under 70% that I have enjoyed a lot.

To name a few like seriously WTF?

Contact 66%
Starship Troopers 66%
Apocalypto 66%
Kingdom of Heaven(DC) 39%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"