Eternals The Eternals General Disscussion and Speculation thread

The movie is apparently showing today in the Rome Film Festival so we should get some Italian reactions afterwards.
Eternals will have its preview screening Sunday October 24th at the Rome Film Fest and Alice nella città. Chloé Zhao, Gemma Chan, Richard Madden, Kit Harington and Angelina Jolie will be on the Red Carpet starting at 6.30 pm.

They just play special look and did a segment on CBS NFL pregame show. I don't think Marvel has ever done that on other movies besides ESPN. Seems like they are really pushing the promotion

Review by 'Eternals' Explores The Scope Of Humanity And The Power Of Compassion - Review - Geeks Of Color

I would be remiss if I did not touch upon and celebrate the diversity of this cast and these characters, and also how dang beautiful this entire cast is. Given how many different characters there are and how much we got to see their relationships and backgrounds, I truly believe everyone will find someone that they resonate with on screen. Kumail Nunjiani, Brian Tyree Henry, Don Lee, and Lauren Ridloff were such triumphs in their respective roles and, despite how long the movie already is, I wanted more of them and their stories. Salma Hayek delivers a beautifully complex maternal role and Angelina Jolie is a stunner with the perfect balance of ferocity and vulnerability as Thena. Lee and Jolie’s roles as Gilgamesh and Thena had such fantastic chemistry that made me want so much more screen time of them together. Richard Madden as Ikaris has such a strength that’s expected from the typical hero and is such a fantastic contrast and opposite to Gemma Chan’s Sersei.

What I loved most about this movie, which I must attribute to the phenomenal work of Zhao, Gemma Chan, and the writing team, is Sersei’s role throughout the entirety of this movie. Sersei is truly like no other hero we’ve seen in the MCU. She’s a reminder that kindness and compassion are not weaknesses for a hero; it is what makes her a hero.

To anyone who knows me, they will know about my love for Gemma Chan and her incredible acting and story-telling. As Sersei, Chan is phenomenal and delivers a softness, gentleness, and vulnerability to her character that showcases how strong the Eternal is. Her portrayal constantly makes you root for Sersei and, because we see so much of the movie from her perspective, you can’t help but fall in love with humanity all over again because of how much she loves humankind. I truly believe Marvel recasting her from Minn-Erva to Sersei has been one of the smartest casting decisions on their part because Chan shines in this role.

Eternals is beautiful in its visuals and its storytelling. Zhao has brought a very new take on a Marvel movie. Whereas Marvel movies typically contain a constantly moving or a fast-paced narrative, Zhao has the audience sit in the quiet, thoughtful moments. It reminds me of MA (2015), where the negative space of art holds just as much importance and weight as the rest of the art piece. In the still moments that Zhao chooses to showcase, the audience is forced to ruminate alongside the characters on screen just what actions they will take and what their actions have already done.

Given all of that, I will admit that Eternals starts a little slow because of how many characters there are in the main ensemble and how much exposition is needed to lay the foundation. The vignettes, as beautifully done as they are and as necessary as they are to push the story forward, were frequent and sometimes pulled me out of the moment. I do think Zhao and the writing team were given a fairly difficult story to tell and they met that challenge in spades. This movie is visually stunning. The special effects team killed it, as they usually do in Marvel movies, but the style and aesthetic are so ethereal, futuristic, and cosmic all at the same time that I was in awe every time I saw it on screen.

Overall, Eternals is a triumph in storytelling and I can’t wait for everyone to get a chance to experience it. Also, an incredibly important message: there are two post-credit scenes with major reveals so stick around to catch them.

7,5/10

I just want to know, if Atlantis and/or Lemuria are in. I hope for the later, since we’ll definitely see Atlantis in the future

If that's true, then I'm definitely not paying to watch this movie in the theater. That plot was garbage due to the unnecessary changes made to the source material and because this movie comes off as an artsy fartsy esoteric snore fest. This movie is clearly "Eternals In Name Only".
I know nothing about the source material but I didn't like the plot leak too and since it seems the leak is real, I'm no longer as hyped for this movie as I was. I'm still going to see it, I've never missed seeing a Marvel movie.

I know nothing about the source material but I didn't like the plot leak too and since it seems the leak is real, I'm no longer as hyped for this movie as I was. I'm still going to see it, I've never missed seeing a Marvel movie.

Now I'm intrigued to see the plot leak & why some aren't a fan of it. It's too late now as it's so close to the movie I'll just wait but I wonder why this seems to be a common complaint I'm seeing .hmmm

Now I'm intrigued to see the plot leak & why some aren't a fan of it. It's too late now as it's so close to the movie I'll just wait but I wonder why this seems to be a common complaint I'm seeing .hmmm
Apparently Ikaris kills Ajak? I didn't really read the leaked plot, but thats one of things Ive read about.

So I guess I am the only one who doesn't believe in the leaked plot.....namely because it comes from Reddit.

So I guess I am the only one who doesn't believe in the leaked plot.....namely because it comes from Reddit.
People have seen the movie and confirmed it. They could be lying though. I'm still holding out hope they changed some things.

People have seen the movie and confirmed it. They could be lying though. I'm still holding out hope they changed some things.

I still don't believe the leaked plot.

And what exactly do you need presented to you to believe it? Its a bit odd you keep you keep bringing this up.

It came from Reddit, that's why I don't believe it. I will have to watch it to see if it's true.

It came from Reddit, that's why I don't believe it. I will have to watch it to see if it's true.
And like other websites, whos to say there isn't a single reddit user that couldn't post a real scoop. I've seen plenty of rumors/scoops that were posted in reddit that came true.

Reddit is like We Got This Covered.......questionable sources for me.
Sure, but we already know some of the info that were leaked through Reddit came true. Which should be enough to give it the benefit of a doubt. I'm not saying believe everything you read, but the leak doesn't seem completely fake either.

I only didn't read all of it as I didn't want the entire movie to be spoiled, and I also didn't want to believe it either but here we are.

So did the Infinity War leaks
And the Endgame leaks
And the Black Widow leaks

Guess what? They were all true. This Eternals leak was verified and posted by the mods over there. They wouldn't put that much stock in it if they didn't get proof from the leaker.

So did the Infinity War leaks
And the Endgame leaks
And the Black Widow leaks

Guess what? They were all true. This Eternals leak was verified and posted by the mods over there. They wouldn't put that much stock in it if they didn't get proof from the leaker.

I wasn't there when any of those were leaked, so how would I know? I am not on any of the Marvel Reddits.

Last edited:
The leak from March said
mid credits: Dane finds the Ebony Blade in an box at home
end credits: Makari, Thena and Druig were introduced to Eros by Pip the troll (wonder who‘s the actor for Pip)

Last edited:
IMHO, the movie was a misfire. Overall, I found it to be very tepid, lifeless and un-engaging.

PROS:

* Some interesting sci-fi visuals and concepts.
* Jack Kirby influences and flourishes.
* As a Marvel film it's very standalone. It doesn't rely on all the other films to understand what's going on.
* Kumail Nanjiani is great and the best part of the movie.

CONS:

* The characters are largely lacking in warmth and charm.
* Sersi and Ikaris have no chemistry at all.
* Kingo was badly utilized.
* Deviants are badly utilized and are a total afterthought.
* Reveals too much too early, trouble with exposition dumps.
* Angelina Jolie was awful in this movie. I couldn't fathom what her character was doing at all. I couldn't tell if she was trying to make her character sound British or Greek.
* The historical scenes are kind of boring.
* Badly lit action. There's one action scene in the Amazon that's just really hazy, dim and overcast with blue. It looks bad and it hurt my eyes watching it on IMAX.

IMHO, the movie was a misfire. Overall, I found it to be very tepid, lifeless and un-engaging.

PROS:

* Some interesting sci-fi visuals and concepts.
* Jack Kirby influences and flourishes.
* As a Marvel film it's very standalone. It doesn't rely on all the other films to understand what's going on.
* Kumail Nanjiani is great and the best part of the movie.

CONS:

* The characters are largely lacking in warmth and charm.
* Sersi and Ikaris have no chemistry at all.
* Kingo was badly utilized.
* Deviants are badly utilized and are a total afterthought.
* Reveals too much too early, trouble with exposition dumps.
* Angelina Jolie was awful in this movie. I couldn't fathom what her character was doing at all. I couldn't tell if she was trying to make her character sound British or Greek.
* The historical scenes are kind of boring.
* Badly lit action. There's one action scene in the Amazon that's just really hazy, dim and overcast with blue. It looks bad and it hurt my eyes watching it on IMAX.
Rate and Review the Eternals

Don't forget to post your review/score there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"