The Gifted The Gifted General Discussion

I stopped watching Iron Fist after 5 episodes. Apologies - I am not that tough. The Gifted benefits from the X-Men mythology of course but the story makes some basic sense. My problem is with Thunderbird - he is not a leader, he does not project confidence. Female characters are much better - Blink and Lorna especially. On the other hand - agent Turner and Campbell are/were very good. I like the Gifted because it nicely play with grey area - actually almost nobody is totally evil (OK, Mr Campbell and sisters are very close).
Iron Fist's story makes basic sense. I don't give it points for that.

I'd say The Gifted's story makes some basic sense because you can see all the seams where they stitched it together from other stuff. The female characters, aren't awful. Simply outside of Polaris, they aren't characters. Which is a huge problem with the show. It is a bunch of plot points, with no story, no characters that aren't super basic. And I'd say there are plenty of overtly evil folk.

All this being said, comparing Iron Fist and the Gifted isn't good for the Gifted. We aren't talking Legion, the Punisher, Daredevil, Jessica Jones here. I mean, I guess at least it isn't the Inhumans in that regard. But the Gifted could and should be a lot better imo.

Last edited:
Well, season 1 down, and am liking it very well.. Let's hope they don't do to this, what they did with the Tomorrow people and can it after only 1 season!

According to the upfronts and new scheduling that Fox presented, The Gifted will be shifting from Mondays to Tuesdays.

Now to see how some here will immediately find a reason to only see that as a negative.

According to the upfronts and new scheduling that Fox presented, The Gifted will be shifting from Mondays to Tuesdays.

Now to see how some here will immediately find a reason to only see that as a negative.

Not that I personally view it as a negative but I wonder how it will fair against Flash. Personally I have no issue since I PVR shows so I will just watch one at 8:15(enough time that i can fast forward through commercials so the show is only 45 minutes), the other at 9. To be perfectly honest given how I am starting to get annoyed by some choices on Flash, Gifted might be my 8:15 show

The new timeslot wouldn't improve its rating. I guess like Legixn's second season ratings, it would decrease a lot.

I am curious how the 2nd season is going to go.

Some casting news. From an Empire alum, so Fox is keeping it in the family.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/grace-byers-the-gifted-season-2-fox-1202831287/

‘Empire’ Alum Grace Byers Joins ‘The Gifted’ Season 2 at Fox

Grace Byers is staying in the Fox fold, with the now former “Empire” actress joining the Fox-Marvel series “The Gifted” for its upcoming second season.

Byers will play Reeva, described as a smart, charming, authoritative, elegant, beautiful woman who is ruthless in her efforts to fight for her people. She leads an elite band of followers and has a soft spot for her new recruits, but is still capable of extreme violence in defense of her vision.

There's no mention of a last name...could it be Reeva Payge? If not, could just be an original character for the show and, as such, we know who won't like that decision.

DgustIgU8AAj6DU.jpg

Bunch of cool new posters released. No look at the Black Queen so far though.
Dg0TPb6UwAA372I.jpg

Dg0TE7fUwAAPNqQ.jpg

Dg0TPeDU8AE2hep.jpg

Dg0TrsFU0AAhlVO.jpg

Dgz1yJJU0AAn98u.jpg

I like all of these. They looks different and cool.

Iron Fist's story makes basic sense. I don't give it points for that.

I'd say The Gifted's story makes some basic sense because you can see all the seams where they stitched it together from other stuff. The female characters, aren't awful. Simply outside of Polaris, they aren't characters. Which is a huge problem with the show. It is a bunch of plot points, with no story, no characters that aren't super basic. And I'd say there are plenty of overtly evil folk.

All this being said, comparing Iron Fist and the Gifted isn't good for the Gifted. We aren't talking Legion, the Punisher, Daredevil, Jessica Jones here. I mean, I guess at least it isn't the Inhumans in that regard. But the Gifted could and should be a lot better imo.
The Punisher ducked. Couldn't make it through three episodes and Punisher is one of my favorite comics.

Oh look, actually showing a pregnancy.

Dawn of the Mutant Age.

Now come on, which of you will be first to gripe and air out some grievances about this show and its original characters?

[YT]REO2otlUp0w[/YT]

Holy Crap, if the season is half as good as the trailer, I'm so in.

Really top notch production values, they got a real budget boost and seem to be firing on all cylinders to start off with.

Cast interviews

Another interview with the cast from SDCC about season 2 and what they will face starting at minute 2:30 at the hyperlink

The mutants of the X-Men comics have always been seen as a parallel for oppression, and with season 2 of The Gifted, that seems to be even more prominent.

“We opened it up, so there are so many other facets of the X-Men and just our universe in general that we haven’t been able to show because of what we were doing last year,” cast member Sean Teale told EW in a Facebook Live interview at San Diego Comic-Con. “And now that we’ve been on the run, we see so many cities, so many subsets of the mutant world.”

Joined by costars Stephen Moyer, Emma Dumont, Blair Redford, Jamie Chung, Natalie Alyn Lind, and Skyler Samuels, Teale specifically mentioned the new villainous Purifiers. “The Purifiers are a mutant hate group. I don’t know what parallels we could compare that to in mordern-day times,” he said sarcastically. “If only we had an idea. They’re tiki torch-carrying mutant haters.”

Chung also pointed out the introduction of the Morlocks, a group of mutants in the comics who live underground in the sewers. “It’s the proper mutant underground, like, they’re literally mutants that live underground,” she laughed. “That’s a really interesting story line, but you get to see a different side, or a different society, of how mutants could live freely — but underground.”

When season 2 premieres this Sep. 25 on Fox, we will pick up six months after the season 1 finale. Polaris (Dumont) will be in labor — an event that makes her stronger, since mutant powers are influenced by their emotions — and much more in line with her father, Magneto.

“She follows her exact father’s footsteps,” Dumont said. “They have the same political beliefs and, now that she’s gonna be a mother, she understands what it means to be a parent and what you have to sacrifice.”

http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/21/the-gifted-season-2-comic-con-video/

Jesus did they get new cameras or something. Season 2 looks cinematic as hell. It looks like an actual movie. I'm actually blown away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"