The Green Lantern Box Office Prediction Thread

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
What are your predictions for the GL movie? Will it be a huge blockbuster or a major flop? Will it break 75 million it's first weekend, or break 100 million in less than a month.

will it be one of the best films of the year? the worst? will Reynolds be amazing or subpar?

Can't make any predictions till I see some footage.

out of the three, I think they all will do well.

But I think Green Lantern might have a slight appeal because of Ryan Reynolds and the sci-fi elements.

Thor could be the best of the three critically while I just have a feeling that Captain America will be the weakest one.

of the three, Thor is the one I'm least excited to see. I'll still go see it however and i will be seeing GL and Captain America too

I hope Thor, GL, and CA are all hits.

Thor and GL I see hitting 200 million, provided they're as good as they seem to be on paper. But I think Cap is unfortunately going to struggle due to competition from Harry Potter and Bayformers

Bayformers? I can't believe you're one of them, Chewy. I thought you were better than that. :woot:

Anyway, I was gonna ask you this before. Could do a side-by-side for GL like you've done for Thor and CA.

All 3 will do well, but I believe that GL will be the biggest of them.

the thing about Thor, out of the three, on paper seems like the least appealing you know.

You got Captain America, super solider. You got Green Lantern, space cop. Thor, a norse god...hmm.

I agree. Thor is the 1 I'm least excited about. I still wanna see it though.

of the three, Thor is the one I'm least excited to see. I'll still go see it however and i will be seeing GL and Captain America too

Can't say I'm interested in either Thor or Captain America, I'm not interested in Captain America due to the director. I thought the job he did on The Wolfman was dreadful so I'm gonna stay far away from anything he directs.

^ To be fair 'The Wolfman' wasn't entirely his fault. There were a lot of problems with the production of that.

In the end it all comes down to marketing and that's something that WB excels at.

me and my ex-girlfriend were going through a comic book book, and she pointed a Alex Ross' Green Lantern painting and asked me "Why isn't he big (in the public's eye) like Batman?"

I shrugged.

I always had a 'meh' vibe about Thor, so I found the page with Thor on there to see her reaction. And she was said.."Stupid.."

Look, I'm not saying that Thor is a bad character at all; I just think he's really out there.

i think GL might be have the advantage of having the bigger named star in the spotlight. chris evans hasn't had the best track record of starring in his own film. There was Push and the one with the cell phone and Kim Basinger.

Thor's got Portman who I think is phenominal, and Idris Elba is totally underrated

GL is also sci-fi which thanks to Star Trek and Avatar is incredibly popular again.

The trick to Thor is to NOT make it a superhero story but rather a Clash of the Titans/ Jason and the Argonauts type film only in the modern world.

Bayformers? I can't believe you're one of them, Chewy. I thought you were better than that. :woot:
I don't try to be antagonist about it, but they are Bay's Transformers :cwink:
Anyway, I was gonna ask you this before. Could do a side-by-side for GL like you've done for Thor and CA.
Sure thing :up:

the biggest question mark would be the dude who is playing Thor.

He could be a Chris Pine (what a small world, the Kirks!) or he could be the next Brandon Routh..or the dude who played the Spirit.

I don't try to be antagonist about it, but they are Bay's Transformers :cwink:
Sure thing :up:

I know. It's just that, as a fan of those movies, it annoys me when people say that. :yay:

Thanks.

i think GL might be have the advantage of having the bigger named star in the spotlight. chris evans hasn't had the best track record of starring in his own film. There was Push and the one with the cell phone and Kim Basinger.

Thor's got Portman who I think is phenominal, and Idris Elba is totally underrated

the biggest question mark would be the dude who is playing Thor.

He could be a Chris Pine (what a small world, the Kirks!) or he could be the next Brandon Routh..or the dude who played the Spirit.

If you go by biggest name as lead character, than GL undeniably wins. :yay:

Look, I'm not saying that Thor is a bad character at all; I just think he's really out there.
He's not really any more out there than GL. Both contain beings from other planets, but the beings in Thor were worshipped as gods in ancient times whereas the beings in GL are space cops. I don't think the ability to control the weather is any more ridiculous than the ability to create colored constructs. It'll come down to marketing and quality, and I have a fantastic feeling about both Thor and GL in that regard.

My guess for the over all box-office grossing is around 500 Million.

^ Also, if Clash Of The Titans does well, that might help Thor.

I can see it bombing, to be honest.

i don't think it will bomb at all. I also made a poll if anyone wants to make a prediction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"