• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League The Justice League Rotten Tomatoes Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention it's gonna be really awkward if JL doesn't get a good score.

"Ok folks you ready? The RT score reveal! Here it comes! Can you feel it? I know I know, I got goosebumps too. Bob you ready over there? Bob's a bit nervous folks *cue audience laughter*. Alllright Bob, go ahead and lift those curtains. Drum roll please!"

*Drum roll*

"Annnnnnnnnnd!"

38%

"Oooookay 38% for Justice League. Opening tonight. Yes. Yes. This guy's excited right here. Um. Rotten Tomatoes is ALL IN with Justice League. Haha that's right."
It's a risky maneuver for this franchise in particular too. Don't know how it's worked before, but if this is a lead-up akin to a countdown, that grand reveal better be spectacular. Otherwise, WB have some egg on their face for that build (if it's their intention).

It's a risky maneuver for this franchise in particular too. Don't know how it's worked before, but if this is a lead-up akin to a countdown, that grand reveal better be spectacular. Otherwise, WB have some egg on their face for that build (if it's their intention).

Yup, agreed.

I'm thinking 34%. I really hope I'm wrong though.

No you're probably right. The reactions today aren't painting a good picture. It's sounding like 60s in the best case scenario to hope for at this point. I remember a few people who saw it mentioned to expect MoS level reactions. At this point, I can only hope that's the case. A lot of people who saw it are painting a pretty bad picture of the editing and narrative.

No you're probably right. The reactions today aren't painting a good picture. It's sounding like 60s in the best case scenario to hope for at this point. I remember a few people who saw it mentioned to expect MoS level reactions. At this point, I can only hope that's the case. A lot of people who saw it are painting a pretty bad picture of the editing and narrative.

Yeah. It's the vibe I'm getting. A big "meh" from everyone. At this point anything above 50% sounds good.

Theere is just like what 3 negative reactions and you guys already dooming and glooming?

giphy.gif

I'm still saying 60's - 70's, let's see.

Last edited:
I'm sticking with my 64%. Hope it can get higher obviously! From what I heard, JL is going to make and happy at the very least.

Theere is just like what 3 negative reactions and you guys already dooming and glooming?

Like I said, it's the vibe I'm getting from both positive and negative reactions and from past experience (MOS, BvS and SS). It sounds like a mediocre movie and the RT score could go either way.

Wow. Um. I don't know how to feel about this. Has any other movie done this before?
It's a new thing Rotten Tomatoes is doing for many movies now. This will be the 3rd week. It's a new show they're doing on facebook called "See It/Skip It".

Basically they reveal the RT score, then they completely ignore it(and all the reviews as well) and the 2 hosts give their own personal opinions on the movie and say whether they think you should "see it" or "skip it".

Last time(2nd time they did the show), a movie got a fresh score, but both hosts advised to "skip it". The week before that(first time they did the show), a movie got 28% and they both advised to "see it". One of them even went as far as to call a very high score for a certain movie a "fraud" because he didn't personally agree with the score... It's completely ridiculous imo.

So my advice on their new show would be to "skip it" and just wait for the RT score to pop up on their website shortly after lol

I'm just getting sick of the mood swings and the emotional rollercoaster attached to this ****. One day, it's this. The next, oh no, it's actually that. It's ****ing exhausting and it's made me go from just wanting Zack to no longer be involved, regardless of how this turns out, to still wanting that and also wanting to kick Tsujihara in the teeth for putting as many eggs in Zack's basket as he has.

If this movie actually does well, that's great, but ****, am I ever sick and tired of this.

I'm just getting sick of the mood swings and the emotional rollercoaster attached to this ****. One day, it's this. The next, oh no, it's actually that. It's ****ing exhausting and it's made me go from just wanting Zack to no longer be involved, regardless of how this turns out, to still wanting that and also wanting to kick Tsujihara in the teeth for putting as many eggs in Zack's basket as he has.

If this movie actually does well, that's great, but ****, am I ever sick and tired of this.

Yeah, I'm ready to get this movie out so we can all move on. I want this movie to do well, but I think everybody will be better once we get over this speed bump. Too much cool stuff in the future to be bummed out.

Haha perfectly summarized my feelings man. One day, I'm hyped AF for this movie, then the next day, the usual Affleck rumours start again and there are negative reactions. It's exhausting.

The rotten tomatoes are coming....the rotten tomatoes are coming..

Do what I do bro. Take a long hiatus until we get a decently reviewed movie.

You've been on this site since 2004. You're a grizzled SHH veteran. You should know by now that it's ALWAYS like this :funny:

gonna have to adjust my prediction even lower it seems like. i'm guessing 51-66% now. i do not see this film being fresh unfortunately.

You've been on this site since 2004. You're a grizzled SHH veteran. You should know by now that it's ALWAYS like this :funny:

Ehhh... this feels different than business as usual. And in large part, I think it's because we've never had a studio latch so completely onto a guy who is as far from exceptional as Zack is. In a sane world, the aftermath of BVS would've been a "hold up, let's stop and try to really figure this **** out before we get in too far over our heads" moment and not a "meh, let's just do it and if there's problems, we'll deal with them later" moment. And this is the result.

I don't want to get too worked up when we haven't even got something tangible to point to in regard to response, and I hope it's at least decent, but I'm just irritated.

Unfortunately for them, Justice League was already in the process of filming when **** went down with BvS which led to them haphazardly reacting to the reviews which would obviously jeopardize the project. Plus that and Zack's tragedy and bringing in a whole another different director to finish the movie. Waaaay too many factors at play that something like Wonder Woman didn't have.

Meanwhile Aquaman's entire shoot was so quiet there is yet to be a "controversy" or a "story" with that so far It'll be interesting to see what the perception of the film will be prior to it's release compared to this.

Unfortunately for them, Justice League was already in the process of filming when **** went down with BvS which led to them haphazardly reacting to the reviews which would obviously jeopardize the project. Plus that and Zack's tragedy and bringing in a whole another different director to finish the movie. Waaaay too many factors at play that something like Wonder Woman didn't have.

Meanwhile Aquaman's entire shoot was so quiet there is yet to be a "controversy" or a "story" with that so far It'll be interesting to see what the perception of the film will be prior to it's release compared to this.

WB has a lot of oversight on this and BvS.

Lets not forget that BvS was significantly delayed while the studio forced a re-write of it.

WB knew what was going on.

Thinking about the RT score, I think everyone who liked BvS or SS will like this for sure and so far that has held in all critic reactions, so let's start with a base of 26% as literally everyone agrees this is a step up from them.

Based on reactions so far, I see a lot of critics who hated those 2 movies liking this one. If half the critics who hated BvS and/or SS flip, that will be enough to push it to Fresh i.e. 26% + 37% = 63%.

So the hope is that at least half the people who hated BvS/SS find this good enough to recommend and get it into Fresh territory. Beyond that, I have no doubt it will play well with general audiences to get good legs over Thanksgiving and beyond.

Not to mention it's gonna be really awkward if JL doesn't get a good score.

"Ok folks you ready? The RT score reveal! Here it comes! Can you feel it? I know I know, I got goosebumps too. Bob you ready over there? Bob's a bit nervous folks *cue audience laughter*. Alllright Bob, go ahead and lift those curtains. Drum roll please!"

*Drum roll*

"Annnnnnnnnnd!"

38%

"Oooookay 38% for Justice League. Opening tonight. Yes. Yes. This guy's excited right here. Um. Rotten Tomatoes is ALL IN with Justice League. Haha that's right."

:lmao:

wow I just saw where the rt score is being held back a day. basically they will score it hours before the general public see it.

wow I just saw where the rt score is being held back a day. basically they will score it hours before the general public see it.

I was confused too, but apparently this is something new RT is doing to gain more FB/video views. It's a stunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"