The Dark Knight The Non-Spoiler Critic Review Thread

Mike53421, did the guys from CHUD actually say that, or are you just making up something you'd think they'd say (like you think they'd give it a 7)?

This is a great thread! Thanks Keyser. These days I don't know what's safe to read anymore so while I really want to read these...And apparently they are not too spoilerrific...I'm not going to. :csad: I wanna go into the movie absolutely clean!!

I literally copied the contents of Anita's post (which summarized the current reviews as of right now) and pasted it into that previous post by yours truly. :yay:

I haven't personally read any of the reviews aside from Rolling Stone.

One minor correction: the review/early look being attributed to the SFGate is actually an Associated Press article. I spotted it on cnn.com as well this morning.

Same here. I was going to mention it but thought maybe I was being anal. :woot:

I wonder if "anal" will come through or if it'll be asterisks...

I literally copied the contents of Anita's post (which summarized the current reviews as of right now) and pasted it into that previous post by yours truly. :yay:

I haven't personally read any of the reviews aside from Rolling Stone.
Me too, am trying to stay away from the spoiler section, and come midnight on June 30th, will cease to visit the spoiler section and just hang in here.

BTW, great thread idea Keyser, I myself want to feel fresh watching the movie

Yes thanks for this thread. With your warning about the heavy speculation over on the spoiler forum, I think it's finally time for me to quit going there until after July 18.

Mike53421, did the guys from CHUD actually say that, or are you just making up something you'd think they'd say (like you think they'd give it a 7)?
We estimated it, since Devin gave BB at 6.5 and he thinks TDK was better. His posts on the forum focuses mainly on the negatives, and from the other reviews I've seen, a "really good movie" from Devin earns about an 8, so...7 sounds reasonable to me.

We estimated it, since Devin gave BB at 6.5 and he thinks TDK was better. His posts on the forum focuses mainly on the negatives, and from the other reviews I've seen, a "really good movie" from Devin earns about an 8, so...7 sounds reasonable to me.

Thanks Anita.

And Devin's an a**hole anyways. :o

:grin: :hehe:

Anita, have I ever professed my love for your avatar before?

Thank god for this thread. I accidentally went into the spoiler city thinking it was that bad yet but accidentally found something that i really hope isnt true. Im not going to say it though. But now the spoiler section is blocked from my computer so I cant go in :grin:

Thank god for this thread. I accidentally went into the spoiler city thinking it was that bad yet but accidentally found something that i really hope isnt true. Im not going to say it though. But now the spoiler section is blocked from my computer so I cant go in :grin:
Hah! That's one way to do it.

dude i hate CHUD. seriously. what's with their vendetta against batman?

I'm pretty sure The Dark Knight will have overall pretty high reviews. On rotten tomatoes, 84 percent of critics approve of Batman Begins and it's average rating is 7.7/10. So Batman Begins did really well with critics and it could be tough for an average movie to beat it. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure The Dark Knight can. I'm sure I myself will enjoy the sequel more.

good idea man...that review topic on the spoiler forum is like a landmine field...and bullets everywhere...

thanks again!!!

Lol these reviews read as if fanboys wrote them. That means it is awesome.:word:

Geez, I think I'll come over here more often. Everything on the other forum is "spoiler" this and "spoiler" that.

I realize it is the "SPOILER" forum, but it seems their priorities are screwed up there. They actually want to know everything about The Dark Knight before they even see it!

Weird.

I'm not a huge fan of Rolling Stone's Peter Travers, but I will say this: He's usually a good barometer of where most critics side.

Thank God for this thread. It took every bit of willpower I had not to open the spoiler tags in the reviews thread on the spoilers forum. I think I've officially decided, with less than a month to go it's not worth spoiling any more than what I already know. I can't get over how many people are saying "Ledger" and "Oscar" in the same sentence, or how often "best movie of the summer" or "best movie of the year" is being thrown around. Trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I'm really starting to think this might be the Godfather 2 of superhero films.

Geez, I think I'll come over here more often. Everything on the other forum is "spoiler" this and "spoiler" that.

I realize it is the "SPOILER" forum, but it seems their priorities are screwed up there. They actually want to know everything about The Dark Knight before they even see it!

Weird.

I don't agree with that mentality of needing to know everything, but I can accept it. The problem isn't just the Spoiler board being overrun with spoilers, though. It's the fact that so many want to have their cake and eat it, so all the active discussion threads are over there too, increasingly laced with spoilers.

I've long suggested that the Spoiler board be for SPOILERS, and the Non-Spoiler board be the place for discussion, commentary, and the posting of new pics/interviews/reviews that aren't specifically spoilerish. Meaning we wouldn't have to venture over to spoilery-territory to avoid being frozen out of talking about this film.

Things are starting to get better. The mods have came round to this line of thinking too, making threads like the Lounge and the Captions thread Non-Spoiler exclusive. And I've tried to help out by making threads like "Joker Hype" and "Two-Face Hype" to serve as the -Non-Spoiler board equivalents of popular Spoiler board threads like "The Man Who Laughs: The Joker Thread" and "The Harvey Dent/Two-Face Thread", which are among the threads now laced with spoiler speculation.

And now more and more people are starting to migrate over here. Together, perhaps we can make the wait a bit easier. :yay:

Could someone please tell me if any of the AICN TDK reviews have (heavy) spoilers in them? I want to read them, but especially wary of AICN.

Could someone please tell me if any of the AICN TDK reviews have (heavy) spoilers in them? I want to read them, but especially wary of AICN.

The first one seemed like it was about to veer into spoilery territory, so I stopped reading it. If you give me a minute, I'll copy/paste the non-spoilery review on here for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"