• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight The Non-Spoiler Critic Review Thread

Sure does! :)

This guy didn't seem too terribly impressed with Batman Begins, but loves The Dark Knight:

In terms of comic book film adaptations this is the pinnacle. The argument saying this is the Godfather Part II or comic book movies would insinuate that Batman Begins is on equal terms with the original Godfather, which is far from true. However, if we could call this The Godfather of comic book movies I wait anxiously for what may/will become the film that caps off the trilogy.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/movie_review_the_dark_knight

Looks like Kevin Smith is weighing in on The Dark Knight, I don't know if this is in the spoiler thread:

“Without giving anything away, this is an epic film (and trust me: based on the sheer size and scope of the visuals and storytelling, that’s not an overstatement). It’s the “Godfather II” of comic book films and three times more earnest than “Batman Begins” (and ****, was that an earnest film). Easily the most adult comic book film ever made. Heath Ledger didn’t so much give a performance as he disappeared completely into the role; I know I’m not the first to suggest this, but he’ll likely get at least an Oscar nod (if not the win) for Best Supporting Actor. ****ing flick’s nearly three hours long and only leaves you wanting more (in a great way). I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed by it. Nolan and crew have created something close to a masterpiece.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/29/kevin-smith-reviews-the-dark-knight-new-zack-and-miri-photo/

BTW, Bob Vance posted this on the spoiler forum.

I updated the first post. Every glowing review is just making me more and more hyped. If even the determined Batman-haters at CHUD have to grudgingly call the film good, then it must be spectacular.

Thanks again for this thread - I was gone for 1.5 days and even I can't take the activity that the review thread in the spoiler forum. :o It's practically impossible for me to dig through the new 20 pages to see if anyone's found a review!

I think I'll just pop in here to see if there are any new reviews, and then stop reading the thread I made over there. :oldrazz:

"Heath Ledger presents himself as The Joker in a role that defines a career. It is unimaginable it would come to the point that a film based on a comic book character could actually have such an impact on one person. On a generation. Ledger's decent into what is, and has become, The Joker makes Jack Nicholson's interpretation look like nothing more than a simple clown."

Amazing

"Heath Ledger presents himself as The Joker in a role that defines a career. It is unimaginable it would come to the point that a film based on a comic book character could actually have such an impact on one person. On a generation. Ledger's decent into what is, and has become, The Joker makes Jack Nicholson's interpretation look like nothing more than a simple clown."

Amazing

Who wrote that piece of art.

Great start, hopefully these wonderful reviews continue. :up:

Keyser Soze, great idea for this thread. I've been avoiding the Spoilers section like the plague.

Jack Nicholson a simple clown?!

YAY!!
Im going to go into a self induced coma for the next 18 days.

(I wish)

god these great reviews keep pouring in, this is easily gonna be the best comic film ever made

New account for me--hopefully, it'll be a more active one
Anyway, great thread and idea
Thanks a lot for it

New account for me--hopefully, it'll be a more active one
Anyway, great thread and idea
Thanks a lot for it
Hey there and welcome Aeghast! :)

If you're looking for a place to read reviews without stumbling upon spoilers, this is the place. The spoiler forum does manage to post the reviews very quickly, but we're trying our best to keep up.

Sicknesssss! :up:

Is TDK ever going to get a bad review? :)

Wow..The IGN review just left me breathless.

"there really is no better way to describe The Dark Knight than to call it a great work of art because it transcends both the boundaries of comic book moviemaking and even the parameters of good filmmaking."

Amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"