• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official 2008 SuperHeroHype.com Presidential Election!

I'm open to being a possible running mate.

If anything I'll be happy with a cabinet position. Secretary of the Interior as I plan to explore the interior of many interns.

If anything I'll be happy with a cabinet position. Secretary of the Interior as I plan to explore the interior of many interns.

Sadly, I plan to do away with the Department of the Interior, so you won't be able to have the funny title...

I remember as a boy going to a Fourth of July celebration in Stone Mountain, Georgia. It was a big event with fire works, laser shows, loud music - the works. One performance that stood out was a performance to the song "Proud to be an American" that included a tribute to the American military; it was so powerful, so moving that I can vividly remember it today almost a decade later. I was moved to tears by it, and this confused me - I knew I wasn't at all sad, so I couldn't understand why I was crying. Of course I later recognized that those were not at all tears of sadness, but tears of joy and pride.

I love this country and wake up every morning proud to be here. I am constantly amazed at the brilliance of our Founding Fathers to create a nation as stable and great as America is today. I believe, however, that over the years we have started to drift away from our Founder's visions. Jefferson's idea of "Republican Simplicity" is something found only in history books.

Our Federal Government is too large for its own good and the people are suffering because of it. I believe we need change, and we need it now.

As President I plan to storm into Washington and do my best to decrease the stifling bureaucracy that plagues this government today.

One of the easiest ways to do this, I believe, is to utilize the FairTax which would allow me the pleasure of taking out the IRS. I know many remain skeptical about such a proposal, and I have no doubt that if made a reality it would have to be tweaked - if only slightly - to operate as well in reality as it does in theory. I believe, however, that the FairTax would prove to be a great improvement over the current Tax Code and would help stimulate the currently slow economy.

I also want to propose radical reform to our educational system. I believe that giving the government a monopoly on public schooling is a big reason it is in the sorry state it is in now. I would like to see the choice of schooling be given to the parents of America. By bringing opening up competition in our education system, we will greatly improve the quality of education. The government must understand that every child is different - by trying to force them all to learn the same way ensures that some children WILL be left behind.

Of course the most pressing issue facing Americans today is the rising cost of oil. The first thing I would do as President is to eliminate ethanol tariffs with Brazil - opening up the sale of Sugar Based Ethanol to America. I believe the Auto Industry will respond by opening up the wide spread sale of Flex Fuel cars and giving American's an alternative to the vehicles we are enslaved to today. I, of course, recognize that we will still need oil for much of the near future - if elected I would immediately allow drilling in South Dakota, Montana and off the coasts of the United States. I would not be opposed to drilling in ANWR, though I would prefer to exhaust all other possibilities before doing so. I would also call for the development of Coal to Oil plants, as well as utilizing American Oil Shale.

The last thing we need, however, is to penalize oil companies. Capping off gas prices would lead to wide spread shortages in this country morphing a bad situation into one of chaos and anarchy. I believe strongly taxing oil profits would do more harm than good, they are not the cause of this problem - our reliance on foriegn oil is. We must work with Oil Companies to discover new energy sources in the future.

I believe that all men and women are created equal - as such I want to see the end of discrimination in this country. It is my dream to see all Americans have the same opportunities: no matter their race, sex, religion or sexuality. I want to see an end to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and will fight any attempt to setting a Constitutional Amendment defining marriage as a union between man and woman.

I may be seeking the nomination of the Republican Party, but I want to assure I do not seek to be a "Republican President". I vow to choose a democrat as my Vice President. I believe in the importance of a Balance of Power - not only in government bodies, but ideologies. I believing allowing either party complete control of all three branches of Government is the easiest way to hurt the country.

I strive to be a united, not a divider - and I believe I have a record for civility and discourse. I have debated with and against every single candidate currently seeking office. These are good people, intelligent people and I believe all of them would act with the best intentions of the country in mind. I look forward to the upcoming campaigns.

In the next few days I will dive deeper into my platform, and hope to give more in site into my vision for America's future.

Until that time,

StorminNorman

Even though they pronounce it differently, it's still spelled the same.

Massachusettsians pronounce "chowder" as "chow-da," Southerners pronounce "terror" as "terra," and many Jews pronounce words such as "huge" and "Hubert" without the "h" sound. Still doesn't change the spelling of the original word...
Leave your Accurate Truths out of this! :cmad:

Can canadiens come in?

Were the smarter ones of North America....No offense....

:o

I'm sorry that you aren't elegible for this contest but if you vote for me, you will be voting for one of your kind. My great-grandmother who will soon turn 90 emigrated to the United States from Canada. I am 1/8 Canadian.

I would like to go on the record and state that I am not, nor have I ever been, Canadian.

I would like to assume, however, that I would have Jonty's endorsement.

I would like to go on the record and state that I am not, nor have I ever been, Canadian.

I would like to assume, however, that I would have Jonty's endorsement.
My familial ties to Canada would lead me to assume that I would have Jonty's endorsement.

The only way to temporarily ease the burden on our middle class is to cap gas prices at a set price, while searching for alternative energy solutions. That is what FEGA would do.

The American people want gas prices to go down and they want them to go down immediately. They don't want to wait five to ten years while we sit around, formulating a long term solution to this long term problem. And we can't sit around, hoping it will magically decrease, when economists believe it will reach as much as $7 within the next year.

Setting caps on gas prices will ensure massive shortages in this country. The Economy is bad now, it will be worse when people can't find gas. People will start plundering other vehicles, riots will break out. Society will fall into chaos.

Setting caps on gas prices will ensure massive shortages in this country. The Economy is bad now, it will be worse when people can't find gas. People will start plundering other vehicles, riots will break out. Society will fall into chaos.

Norman, you're confused.

Not setting caps on gas will cause riots and plundering. Do you think citizens are going to sit around and patiently pay for gas as prices exceed $5 (or more) per gallon? I don't think so.

Americans want lower gas prices, and the only way to ensure that gas prices are lower is to set a cap.

But there are other ways of attempting to lower gas prices without setting a cap. Lowering demand, applying actual serious pressure on the oil companies, and subsidizing can all be used without actual price caps which have been proven time and time again to be an absolute failure.

Norman, you're confused.

Not setting caps on gas will cause riots and plundering. Do you think citizens are going to sit around and patiently pay for gas as prices exceed $5 (or more) per gallon? I don't think so.

Americans want lower gas prices, and the only way to ensure that gas prices are lower is to set a cap.

Whats worse for the economy? Paying 5 bucks a gallon or not having the option of paying 5 bucks a gallon? If you put a cap on gas - there will be massive shortages.

Americans want lower gas prices, they deserve lower gas prices - but I am betting they would prefer to pay 10 bucks a gallon than not having gas at all.

But there are other ways of attempting to lower gas prices without setting a cap. Lowering demand, applying actual serious pressure on the oil companies, and subsidizing can all be used without actual price caps which have been proven time and time again to be an absolute failure.

What good is pressuring the oil companies? There is little difference in pressuring oil companies and putting a cap - except for the fact a cap would actually change things.

The Government should not treat oil companies as evil. They are not. You have to embrace and work with the oil companies - not damn them.

What good is pressuring the oil companies? There is little difference in pressuring oil companies and putting a cap - except for the fact a cap would actually change things.

The Government should not treat oil companies as evil. They are not. You have to embrace and work with the oil companies - not damn them.

There's a difference between "pressuring" oil companies which just amount to fluff words and actually pressuring them into working with the government as you say by threatening to cut off their tax loopholes, increasing taxes on their profits, etc.

Without that pressure, oil companies aren't going to do a god damn thing to try and lower prices.

There's a difference between "pressuring" oil companies which just amount to fluff words and actually pressuring them into working with the government as you say by threatening to cut off their tax loopholes, increasing taxes on their profits, etc.

Without that pressure, oil companies aren't going to do a god damn thing to try and lower prices.

You must work WITH the Oil Companies - but I don't believe you have to "threaten" them. The current crisis is NOT the Oil Companies fault - the fault is OPEC and our being manipulated by foreign oil.

Instead of threatening to raise taxes on oil companies, I say cut oil taxes - with the prevision that any sign of Oil Companies taking advantage of this would lead to penalties - and then offer major tax incentives and subsidies for creating American refineries and developing alternative fuels.

Agreed, I am a democrat candidate and even I can see the gas cap idea is idiotic.

Wouldn't it be interesting if some of the forums we frequent most here could serve as constituents in this race? ;)

Can I be Minster of Stop Your F-ing Whining and Go To Work?

To the Republican canidates could you please tell me what you plan to do about the Immigration issue. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"