Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, he is. He has superhuman senses and enhanced strength, speed, and agility, much like Cap (minus the senses). Hence why he's able to beat up Bucky in all the trailers.

Cap was able to beat up Bucky as well. Bucky has a knock off serum which he supplements with the fervor of a psychotic killing rage. Maybe he's just not his most killing rage-iest when fighting BP. :woot:

Bucky has a fake/half-baked serum from Zola if I remember correctly.

It's crazy we're already on part 22. Just a couple of days ago we were on part 20.

I think Bucky's many notebooks is the nod to the movie Se7en that the Russos mentioned.

I wonder if they'll nerf Spidey for the MCU. I really hope not. :csad:

They can't if they expect him to be Spider-Man and take on his usual villains.

I don't think you'll see him throwing cars at anyone anytime soon, but I'm sure he'll be stronger than Cap...

Actually Spidey is another character whose stats should make him beat Captain America 9 times out of 10, yet whenever they match up Cap does way better than he should and even beats Peter at times.

Cap was able to beat up Bucky as well. Bucky has a knock off serum which he supplements with the fervor of a psychotic killing rage. Maybe he's just not his most killing rage-iest when fighting BP. :woot:

I just watched The Winter Soldier yesterday and Cap and Bucky seemed to be evenly matched in their first fight. In the second fight it's hard to gauge, they seem evenly matched but Steve was obviously holding back.

Black Widow knew to not even try and fight Bucky straight up hand to hand. She sneaked attacked him, failed at that, the hit his arm with a windows sting and ran.

All we've seen of Panther vs Bucky is T'Challa kicking Bucky's ass.

Good point there, many people forget that winter soldier at this point is no longer that 100% brainwashed hydra killer.

There is some residue of old bucky in him now I believe. When u are at all out kill mode, you fight differently.

Look at the punisher, when he fights, he fights to kill..when someone fights with the objective of killing. They are way more dangerous.

Good point there, many people forget that winter soldier at this point is no longer that 100% brainwashed hydra killer.

There is some residue of old bucky in him now I believe. When u are at all out kill mode, you fight differently.

Look at the punisher, when he fights, he fights to kill..when someone fights with the objective of killing. They are way more dangerous.

Let's not forget Bucky's super-arm. He can smash concrete and messed up Steve's face pretty bad. Black Panther, pure and simple is a better fighter. Cap is also a better fighter. When comparing those three characters, there abilities are so close that it really comes down to fighting prowess. Black Panther's durability surpasses both Cap and Bucky and he's quicker on his feat as well. Black Panther wins.

Yeah, I too would rank Black Panther higher than Cap. BP has supernatural powers.

Doesn't he also have the power to shapeshift his face into an BP cat face? Maybe I remember it wrong.

I wouldn't worry about Spider-Man being nerfed. He's not unbelievably powerful like Thor, Hulk, or Scarlet Witch. He's stronger than Cap, but weaker than Iron Man. He's powerful, but no so much so that they would have to reduce his screen time or nerf him altogether.

I don't think you'll see him throwing cars at anyone anytime soon, but I'm sure he'll be stronger than Cap...

Actually Spidey is another character whose stats should make him beat Captain America 9 times out of 10, yet whenever they match up Cap does way better than he should and even beats Peter at times.

I just watched The Winter Soldier yesterday and Cap and Bucky seemed to be evenly matched in their first fight. In the second fight it's hard to gauge, they seem evenly matched but Steve was obviously holding back.

Black Widow knew to not even try and fight Bucky straight up hand to hand. She sneaked attacked him, failed at that, the hit his arm with a windows sting and ran.

Bucky is far more armed in the fight - not just with the killer robot arm either but also guns and knives and Steve is taking control when the unmasking happens and then he freezes.

In the second fight Steve is indeed holding back, even after being stabbed. He breaks Bucky's arm then chokes him out. If he was anyone but Bucky in that situation he'd have broken his neck. Then even after being shot multiple time he's able to lift a multi ton beam off Bucky that Bucky could not.

As for BP and Bucky we've seen like 3 seconds total of them actually fighting and BP is of course covered head to toe in vibranium which not only makes him hard to shoot or stab, but should also absorb the force of kicks and punches.

So Funko spoiled [BLACKOUT]Giant Man[/BLACKOUT].

Let's not forget Bucky's super-arm. He can smash concrete and messed up Steve's face pretty bad.

Considering that Bucky was smashing Steve's (passive non fighting) face as hard as he did I guess Steve's cheekbones are not only impeccably beautiful but much harder than concrete. :woot:

Black Panther, pure and simple is a better fighter. Cap is also a better fighter. When comparing those three characters, there abilities are so close that it really comes down to fighting prowess. Black Panther's durability surpasses both Cap and Bucky and he's quicker on his feat as well. Black Panther wins.

Why would BP's durability surpass Caps? Cap doesn't fatigue. Or are you just talking protection of the suit? Like IM is protected by his suit?

I can't believe I've been sucked into the cavernous soul sucking power discussion and my SH can beat up your SH thing. :funny:

Just remember that cap shield CAN stop thor's hammer!

BP has his whole full body suit made of vibranium. Even thor can't touch him!. hahahah..BP is invincible ! if we based on such logics

Agreed. Like that scan MBJ posted two threads ago. Considering that he was an older, very seasoned fighter (actually trained by Cap) plus wearing the Iron Spider armor, Cap should have been obliterated by Spidey. He shouldn't have even landed a hit on him.

BP has his whole full body suit made of vibranium. Even thor can't touch him!. hahahah..BP is invincible ! if we based on such logics

Yeah, kind of makes him a little OP if you ask me. Reminds me of Wolverine.

Why would BP's durability surpass Caps? Cap doesn't fatigue. Or are you just talking protection of the suit? Like IM is protected by his suit?

I can't believe I've been sucked into the cavernous soul sucking power discussion and my SH can beat up your SH thing. :funny:

By durability, I meant protection. Fatigue has more to do with endurance/stamina. You can get exhausted just by beating the tar out of someone, for example. Based off what I've seen, Steve does fatigue. He's only enhanced, so he does have limits. He looked fatigued when fighting Iron Man in the trailer and after he beat up that elevator full of hydra goons in TWS.

I think he's more in pain from the beating he's taken than fatigued from exertion. Fatigue might happen after extreme exertion but it's not long lasting. After the elevator fight he was back up to full speed in a few seconds.

But BP just has vibranium woven into his suit, it's not full solid vibranium. it has gaps..it's more like Kevlar than metal plate

But BP just has vibranium woven into his suit, it's not full solid vibranium. it has gaps..it's more like Kevlar than metal plate

Yeah, it's like chainmail (BP suit) vs solid plate armor (Cap's shield). Chainmail is almost imposible to cut, but offers almost no protection against blunt force.

If they don't want BP overpowered to Jupiter and back his suit should work similarly.

I'm actually concerned about the film making Cap and Bucky look bad comparatively. It makes sense to show BP as a badass (both to honour the character and to promote his film), but those two are the main character and almost co-lead of the film. They deserve better than become Worf-effect fodder.

I really don't care about Spider-Man's power level. But if people are expecting him to effortlessly pwn Cap in his own film without Cap or someone else on his team getting some licks in, they're gonna walk away disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"