Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or it could be that he was just made to be as formidable as most other heroes a the time.

Keep in mind that Spider-Man has superhuman abilities, can stick to wall, has Spider-Sense that makes him nearly untouchable, and is a genius in his own right.

Back in the 60's a lot of heroes where jacks of all trades, and today a lot of them still are, it just a matter of what abilities any given writer wants to play up at any given time.

BP is more than a jack of all trades - he's pretty much a master of all except magic.

Peter still had the vulnerability of being a teenager who didn't have any money or power in his every day non SH life. That's why he became popular, not his power levels.

Like Tony being an alcoholic who's often self loathing with a history of child abuse and a damaged heart as his trade off for being wealthy and brilliant. Or Steve growing up poor and sickly and a man out of time who's lost his world is his trade off for physical power. Pym being mentally unstable. Banner losing it and becoming a giant green rage monster. Widow with a history of indoctrination and abuse with red in her ledger. Ben Grimm was a man made rock. Matt Murdock is blind.

Marvel heroes are flawed and at times very personally vulnerable and that's why they're still very much human and for me likable.

Cap and Bucky are going to be awesome...We've already scene flickers of Cap's awesomeness in this film. His fight with Bucky, his fight with Tony, his tag team handicap match with Bucky against Tony, him holding the chopper and that's just a fraction. Everyone's going to shine nicely in this...even the victims of beat downs are going to look awesome getting whooped.

CivilWar_Punmagneto.jpg

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co...g-retro-poster-for-captain-america-civil-war/

Like Tony being an alcoholic who's often self loathing with a history of child abuse and a damaged heart as his trade off for being wealthy and brilliant. Or Steve growing up poor and sickly and a man out of time who's lost his world is his trade off for physical power. Pym being mentally unstable. Banner losing it and becoming a giant green rage monster. Widow with a history of indoctrination and abuse with red in her ledger. Ben Grimm was a man made rock. Matt Murdock is blind.

And T'Challa has that too. He's a man struggling with a legacy he feels he may not be able to live up to, while carrying the weight of an entire nation on his back.

Cap is chasing Bucky, trying to save his friend, but Black Panther is in hot pursuit and says "On your left as he passes Steve. :hehe:

Cap and BP fight. Black Panther scratches Cap's shield, kicks the shield out of Cap's hand and effortlessly knocks him out. :o
More reason for me to dislike the inclusion of Spider-Man in the MCU.
The presence of the Spider led to the delay of the Panther's movie. :argh:

Cool poster.

I hope we get a lot of official variants that are more arty than the official poster. I think the teaser posters, especially this one are still the best

captain-america-civil-war-teaser-poster-iron-man.jpg

captain-america-civil-war-teaser-poster-iron-man-530x785.jpg

Phase 1
Average RT Score: 80.16%
Average Worldwide Box Office: 634.83M

Iron-Man (94% RT) 585M
The Incredible Hulk (67% RT) 263M
Iron-Man 2 (72% RT) 623M
Thor (77% RT) 449M
Captain America (79% RT) 370M
The Avengers (92% RT) 1.519B

Phase 2
Average RT Score: 80%
Average Worldwide Box Office: 878M

Iron-Man 3 (79% RT) 1.215B
Thor 2 (66% RT) 644M
Captain America 2 (89% RT) 714M
Guardians of the Galaxy (91% RT) 773M
Avengers 2 (75% RT) 1.405B
Ant-Man (80% RT) 519M

They're both hovering around 80% critically which is outstanding! Phase 2 was definitely the stronger of the two in terms of box office. Rightfully so, as the MCU has been gaining HUGE momentum. I'm hoping Civil War will be a rock solid start critically and financially for Phase 3! :D

Just a little outline for you guys to sum everything up! :)

http://robot6.comicbookresources.co...g-retro-poster-for-captain-america-civil-war/

And T'Challa has that too. He's a man struggling with a legacy he feels he may not be able to live up to, while carrying the weight of an entire nation on his back.

That's pretty much a redux of Thor without Thor's outsized hubris and battle thirst and crazy Norse Mythology family dynamics. It's also still not a flaw or vulnerability but more or an issue he has to deal with since he's over privileged. Like the brilliant rich kid not knowing if he has what it takes to run Daddy's company (also done with Tony but without the severe Daddy issues)

Like his vibranium weave suit T'Challa came come across as too bullet proof. I look forward though to Marvel knicking him up and Boseman certainly had the chops to play a conflicted at times vulnerable character.

And as we know, there are never characters in fiction with backgrounds or arcs superficially similar to those of other characters. At this point it just seems like you coming up with reasons to bash T'Challa.

Phase 1
Average RT Score: 80.16%
Average Worldwide Box Office: 634.83M

Iron-Man (94% RT) 585M
The Incredible Hulk (67% RT) 263M
Iron-Man 2 (72% RT) 623M
Thor (77% RT) 449M
Captain America (79% RT) 370M
The Avengers (92% RT) 1.519B

Phase 2
Average RT Score: 80%
Average Worldwide Box Office: 878M

Iron-Man 3 (79% RT) 1.215B
Thor 2 (66% RT) 644M
Captain America 2 (89% RT) 714M
Guardians of the Galaxy (91% RT) 773M
Avengers 2 (75% RT) 1.405B
Ant-Man (80% RT) 519M

They're both hovering around 80% critically which is outstanding! Phase 2 was definitely the stronger of the two in terms of box office. Rightfully so, as the MCU has been gaining HUGE momentum. I'm hoping Civil War will be a rock solid start critically and financially for Phase 3! :D

Just a little outline for you guys to sum everything up! :)

MCU is the third best franchise by RT average and Metacritic average in the history of film only behind Pixar and te Harry Potter series. That is remarkable on it's own but i think it hasn't ereached it's ceiling yet.

Look on the bright side, poor Captain Marvel got pushed back to 2019.

Yeah hers was by far the biggest push. I think BP lucked out not having to open two weeks before JL. (though I wonder if WB will have the first part done in time - they seem to have a long production ad post production schedule for their SH movies)

I'm glad SM is part of Marvel but I don't like that his solo took up room on the Marvel slate and pushed out a film. I hope the future solo SM installments don't also count as an MCU spot.

Last edited:
Sacrifices had to be made to get Marvel's flagship back where he belongs. It was for ze better.

Agreed. I found it annoying that they pushed back CM for this.

An animated explanation of the original story.

[YT]jta3BNSLKHk[/YT]

An animated explanation of the original story.

[YT]jta3BNSLKHk[/YT]
"And Spider-Man makes a deal with the devil to restore his secret identity.
No, I'm not kidding."
That part got me. :lmao:

That's pretty much a redux of Thor without Thor's outsized hubris and battle thirst and crazy Norse Mythology family dynamics. It's also still not a flaw or vulnerability but more or an issue he has to deal with since he's over privileged. Like the brilliant rich kid not knowing if he has what it takes to run Daddy's company (also done with Tony but without the severe Daddy issues)

Like his vibranium weave suit T'Challa came come across as too bullet proof. I look forward though to Marvel knicking him up and Boseman certainly had the chops to play a conflicted at times vulnerable character.

Have you every actually read a Black Panther comic book? Or are you just whining and bashing the character based on stats and limited knowledge?

To say that T'Challa has no flaws or vulnerabilities is flat out inaccurate. It's just as silly as when people used to say that about Captain America or Superman.

Have you every actually read a Black Panther comic book? Or are you just whining and bashing the character based on stats and limited knowledge?

To say that T'Challa has no flaws or vulnerabilities is flat out inaccurate. It's just as silly as when people used to say that about Captain America or Superman.
I remember this same argument from back when the first trailer was revealed.

I wonder why the promo images still have Black Widow in her tron suit and using her electric batons, when it doesn't sound like she actually has them in the movie.

black widow should really lease out those batons to matt aka Daredevil. would have definitely help matt a great deal

I wonder where all of the other superheroes are at when Cap and Bucky are fighting Iron Man at the HYDRA base. There's so much we still don't know.

I wonder where all of the other superheroes are at when Cap and Bucky are fighting Iron Man at the HYDRA base. There's so much we still don't know.

Injured or captured, probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"