Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - Part 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that new thread smell:

tumblr_m7a99ydQbi1qa4di2o1_500.gif

Why do people not think we are getting the trailer this week?!

Surely we've been primed for it!

52 days untill the movie releases here (UK) :) I am remaining optimistic for a trailer anytime seeing as the movie is so close!

That ET tease with Cap being beat on by Bucky really makes me double down on that aspect, Bucky's mental state, being the reason CW was described as a "psychological thriller". Bucky indeed probably has a head full of bad wiring. I hope we see that as well as how this affects Cap and his decisions in the film.

I think that the Bucky's mental trouble will affect all of Cap's decisions. I don't doubt that this will be the central arc in the movie, or maybe one of principal arcs.

Should just make it Black Widow and Spider-Man vs Ant Man because Scott should be too much for a young Spidey.

Hell, even if its 2 on 1 I still think Scott is too much for them.

sometimes people actually forget how strong Spidey is. we're talking about a guy who toyed with the F4 in his second CB appearance. in fact, I don't know of what help would Nat be for him in a fight.

Eh... If you think about it all Scott would have to do is shrink small enough to go through Spidey's costume, enter his ear canal and then beat on his ear drums a little. ;) As someone who has had a double ear infection I can't see there being, even with Spidey senses, much of a defense against that. Plus, if we get some Giant-Man action, well, Giant-Man has always been stronger than Spidey in general. Not saying that is what will happen or that it has to, but just pointing out the versatility in Scott's power set.

Buck might have to be put down at the end of CW

Buck might have to be put down at the end of CW

I am pretty open to this. I don't think you have to have the MCU be an exact reproduction of Marvel Universe history, it isn't now and it doesn't have to be going forward. So, Bucky taking up the mantle is far from necessary.

Bucky dying, however it is played out, would certainly be enough of a blow that I could see Cap walking away from it all and being spiritually broken. That accomplishes a lot of the same things story wise that killing Cap would do, without "resurrection/fake out death" issues. Cap walks away after a terrible mess which pitted the Avengers against one another, damaged his relationship with Tony, and leaves the fate of the most powerful group in the MCU in question leading into IW. If he doesn't walk away (until his obvious re-joining in the fight against Thanos, natch) he could hand himself over to the authorities, filled to the brim with guilt and loss over Bucky, again however that could or would play out.

They said this might be a controversial ending. A super hero walking away or being arrested isn't something we've really seen at the end of a film, and no I don't count TDK, since at the time we had no idea about the 8 year absence thing that came to light in TDKRISES.

Why do people not think we are getting the trailer this week?!

Surely we've been primed for it!

Tickets go on sale Thur. One would think with the embargo lifted on set interviews, posters and the ET appearances that would also mean a trailer by Thur.

Yeah, Thursday is the day. I can't see it not happening. That trailer will also be attached to BvS.

I would be really impressed if in fact they do kill Buck and it's Cap that has to do it. Talk about heart breaking for the man.

If it's not released in the next couple days, I could see them premiering it with next week's Agents of SHIELD episode.
Typically when they've planned to release a trailer with one of the tv shows, they announce it well enough in advance to entice people to tune into the episode. If a trailer were dropping with AOS next week, it would have been announced by now (i.e. they would have teased it last night during the promo for next week's episode - and while I missed last night's episode (annoyed at our ABC affiliate), I did watch the promo for next week and there wasn't any indication of a trailer.)

So I think the first part of your post is the more likely option, with everything that's been dropping the past few days (9 character posters, embargo on Set Visits being lifted, 2 episodes of ET this week having Civil War segments, tickets going on sale (at least in some areas) on Thursday), I would be really surprised if the trailer wasn't out by week's end.

As for the talk of killing Bucky. I would be extremely disappointed in them if they went that route :dry: (and that's putting it nicely)

Perfect way for Cap to kill Bucky is for Bicky to be shooting up the airport with a machine gun and Cap gets him in a choke hold but Bucly is still shooting. The. Cap just snaps his neck drops to his knees and starts crying and screams in terro at what he just did. It'd be so emotionally heavy and fantastic.

It looks like Bucky is trying to kill everyone in this movie.

if bucky is killed, steve will cry, I will cry.

I will hate marvel for it...

I don't think they will put him down- I could possibly see Steve telling the authorities to "wipe him" just like Hydra or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"