Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this posted on Reddit, from the box office forums... Grains of salt, obviously, but interesting nonetheless:

Wish, Disney would show Pelmutter the door. Marvel is one of the most successful brands in the world and is owned by one of the largest corporations in the world, but Pelmutter acts like Marvel is struggling to make ends meet. Get rid of that penny pincher.

to be fair, it's alot easier to create a fictional world than create a psuedo real world. Wakanda can't really look like asgard on earth.. and takes a bit more careful planning since it's suppose to feel like our planet.. and not another where physics can bend.

No it's really not, considering the nation is largely hidden. In fact it's pretty much supposed to be like Asgard but with African aesthetics. The main differences are that instead of it being a floating city with a rainbow bridge, Wakanda is a hidden nation with a techno jungle.

Stark: We're good right?
Thor: *Stares blankly*
Stark: Right?
Bruce: *dissapointed head shake*
Cap: *awkward face*
Stark: Come on guys, wasnt that bad.
Starlord: I'm not even from this planet and that sounds bad.
Drax: I do not get how War could ever be Civil.
Stark: Well we can all put that aside for us to defeat Thanos right? Right?
Spidey: Sure, just promise not to start a war with Thanos over whether or not aliens should legally be able to enter the Earth.

Everyone: OOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!
Thor: I just faced Surtur the Demon of Fire and I still cannot comprehend such a burn.
Doctor Strange: As a Sorcerer Supreme, I can casts spells to banish god like entities...but I can't help with that burn! *laughs*
Starlord: My element gun couldn't generate enough water to help that. Haha!
Groot: *chuckles* I am Groot!
Rocket: Ha, all the armor he owns couldn't protect him from that one buddy! *snickers*

[These Are Just More Burns With More Characters]
Panther: I could lace his armor with Vibranium and he'd still feel it. Haha!
Stark: It's not even that funny!
Hawkeye: I have Ice Arrows now if you need it.
Scarlet Witch: Doubt he saw that one coming. *smirks*
Stark: Oh-haha. Quote neither did your brother.
-Silence-

Bucky: I was trapped in cryogenic frozen stasis, Cap was trapped in Ice. And I speak for both of us when say that's cold man.
Stark: I'm sorry, I got carried away.

Spidey: It's fine Tony, as long as we keep it Civil and you don't pass any laws on jokes.
Everyone: DAMN!
Daredevil: I'm blind and I see the world as if it were all red on fire. So right now Stark is outshining the sun with those burns.
Luke Cage: I wish I could lend him my unbreakable skin!
Vision: I couldn't even phase through burns like that.
Stark: AGH!

Captain Marvel: *Touches Ear Piece* This is Carol Danvers to SWORD, we have a code salty here.
Nick Fury: *steps out of shadows* Sorry, I Stark's getting hit with so much fire I thought he needed a SHIELD.

Coulson: I could send you to TAHITI to heal, it's a magical place. Of course I think these burns are permanent!
-Everyone shocked Coulson is alive-
Everyone: OHHHHH!
Thor: Son of Coul came back from the gates of Valhalla to enjoy your suffering! *laughs*
Stark: Oh haha! Are we just gonna ignore the fact that there is a supremely powerful genocidal alien coming to kill us?

-Black Widow Shrugs-
Widow: I don't know, are we gonna ignore the Accords?
Spidey: That's one for the Spiders!
Ant-Man: Make that one for the insects. A million Fire Ant's couldn't come close to burning him this much.
Gamora and Jessica Jones: Ladies too! Stark: Listen here Underoos, you started this.
Spidey: The joke or the Civil War?

Iron Fist: I faught a dragon to gain my power, yet I can't imagine if the dragon had burns like this.
Punisher: That's too much punishment, even for me. Haha!
*Thanos Lands In The Room, Everyone Is Shocked And Backs Away*

Thanos: Tony Stark...Iron Man...I was watching from across the universe with the gems. And I kinda feel sorry for you so I'm gonna give you all a headstart. Or is that against the law?

Everyone +Thanos: OHHHHHH!
Spidey: BROUGHT THANOS INTO IT!

Stark: Screw you! I'm gonna go work on our plan!*leaves*

I'm sorry guys. I write when I'm bored. :funny:

Which is why I'm glad Perlmutter has been punted away from the movie division and Kevin Feige has full reign now. Perl thought that female superhero movies couldn't sell and apparently thinks no one wants to see a black superhero movie. He's a creepy cheap old man that needed to get the boot and was holding the Marvel Studios back.

I heard he was going to replace Iron Man with Bruce Banner/Hulk.

Lets just be happy the man is a non entity going forward.

:up::up::up: x a billion trillion

I'm glad MS dumped that ahole even more and I hope he gets banished from the rest of Marvel too.

Anyway some people actually fell for that Moviepilot hoax article? :p Then again Moviepilot is stupid for not posting an April Fool article ON April Fools :whatever:

Spidey: Sure, just promise not to start a war with Thanos over whether or not aliens should legally be able to enter the Earth.

Thor: I just faced Surtur the Demon of Fire and I still cannot comprehend such a burn.
Doctor Strange: As a Sorcerer Supreme, I can casts spells to banish god like entities...but I can't help with that burn! *laughs*
Rocket: Ha, all the armor he owns couldn't protect him from that one buddy! *snickers*

-Silence-

Bucky: I was trapped in cryogenic frozen stasis, Cap was trapped in Ice. And I speak for both of us when say that's cold man.

Spidey: It's fine Tony, as long as we keep it Civil and you don't pass any laws on jokes.
Daredevil: I'm blind and I see the world as if it were all red on fire. So right now Stark is outshining the sun with those burns.

Captain Marvel: *Touches Ear Piece* This is Carol Danvers to SWORD, we have a code salty here.
Nick Fury: *steps out of shadows* Sorry, I Stark's getting hit with so much fire I thought he needed a SHIELD.

Coulson: I could send you to TAHITI to heal, it's a magical place. Of course I think these burns are permanent!
Thor: Son of Coul came back from the gates of Valhalla to enjoy your suffering! *laughs*
Stark: Oh haha! Are we just gonna ignore the fact that there is a supremely powerful genocidal alien coming to kill us?

-Black Widow Shrugs-
Ant-Man: Make that one for the insects. A million Fire Ant's couldn't come close to burning him this much.
Gamora and Jessica Jones: Ladies too! Stark: Listen here Underoos, you started this.

Iron Fist: I faught a dragon to gain my power, yet I can't imagine if the dragon had burns like this.

Thanos: Tony Stark...Iron Man...I was watching from across the universe with the gems. And I kinda feel sorry for you so I'm gonna give you all a headstart. Or is that against the law?

:lmao: :lmao:

-Silence-

-Black Widow Shrugs-

:funny:

If this was an actual scene though, it would be dragging it.

Great convo there lol.

But technically, Starlord is from this planet. ;)

No it's really not, considering the nation is largely hidden. In fact it's pretty much supposed to be like Asgard but with African aesthetics. The main differences are that instead of it being a floating city with a rainbow bridge, Wakanda is a hidden nation with a techno jungle.

Yeah. Wakanda and Attilan will be interesting to see for the first time.

Marvel must have some real confidence in CW to let the press view it a week before the Hollywood premiere since for TWS, they got it only 3 days before the premiere.

They've been extremely confident in this film for some time now. Everyone that's involved has been high on it. The test screenings they've done have reported done well (though those should always be taken with a huge grain of salt).

And it's genuine confidence in their film unlike, well....nvm

That was damn funny man. Great post.

So i guess marvel is getting cocky? I like that, Feige has enough exprience to know when he has something good. Remember when Ant-man was having screenings 2-3 weeks before it's release and everyone was scratching their heads since they would SWEAR the movie would be a disaster and Marvel's first flop? Good times :)

I expect Civil war to be really good and i hope critics embrace it as well. I'm really glad for the Russos they deserve every bit of success they have earned. I love when people critisize film makers due to their background and then they eat crow.

I think they know they have something good when they hire the writers/directors. Its not like this is happening by accident.

Ce9aQFfXEAASF9k.jpg

Hawkeye looks great. Wondering how he ties into the story and if his family is in anyway effected.

Wish, Disney would show Pelmutter the door. Marvel is one of the most successful brands in the world and is owned by one of the largest corporations in the world, but Pelmutter acts like Marvel is struggling to make ends meet. Get rid of that penny pincher.

To be fair if it wasn't for Perlmutters penny pinching, we probably wouldn't have Marvel today. That said, the dude probably should retire. Disney knows what it's doing.

Civil War being screened for various press next Friday according to Collider Frosty . Expect some word on the movie soon.

I wonder who will be involved in the press junket.

Naturally Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Jeremy Renner, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen. Maybe they can squeeze Tom Holland in?

I wonder who will be involved in the press junket.

Naturally Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Jeremy Renner, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen. Maybe they can squeeze Tom Holland in?

Fingers crossed for Marisa Tomei :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back