Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys. can we agree on something. I really like coming in those forums you are a great bunch of folks so i would appreciate it if from now on any suprise about Civil War won't be posted in gifs or at least be spoiler-tagged? I don't want to see Giant-man in my computer screen for the first time :).

I know the logical reply will be "avoid the forums" but we are talking aalmost one month period and i KNOW i won't be able to do that. Let's try to save the suprises!

I second this. I'm going to go dark and stay away from spoiler threads. I hope we remember to post spoiler tags for pics of spoilerific scenes like giant man lol.

Is Bucky's real name James? That's hilarious ernesth100.

Those of you who have your tickets already are lucky. I'm anxious because I don't want a repeat of Star Wars where it's sold out for two weeks at the theatre I want to watch it in. It helps having reserved seating. I need peace of mind! Lol. I'm planning to watch it at Scotiabank theatre the largest IMAX screen in Canada not including the science centre lol
If it's 3D so be it I prefer non 3D though

Is Bucky's real name James?
James Buchanan Barnes

YYqTtlG.jpg

Because it's a possible spoiler for the ending of the fight. :woot:
If done right, it could work nicely as a distraction to deliver a punch, even better if the one on the receiving end shows readiness and defends against that sucker punch.
Nicely placed humorous moment. :D

His name has been James Bucky Barnes since before most of us have alive lol.

Bucky is just his nickname. I thought most people knew that by now.

His name is Robert Paulson.

Moviepilot says CW got puhed back, anyone else hear about that?

Moviepilot is trash. read the whole article, it's hoax. Don't spread panic.

What the **** does that ice cream color have to do with Civil War?

Found this posted on Reddit, from the box office forums... Grains of salt, obviously, but interesting nonetheless:

well, i'll tell u this. i had some conversations with a friend of mine who worked for Nate Moore (one of the Marvel producers) for a while. Apparently Feige had been fighting to get Black Panther and Strange made for years. The plan was to scrap Ant Man altogether since Edgar Wright was dragging his feet and have BP take its place leading into Civil War. Apparently that move was blocked by, u guessed it:perlmutter. And his reason? u guessed it again: he didnt think it was a good idea to make a 150+ million african action blockbuster with 99% black cast. He was afraid the movie wont be able to be sold to both americans and foreign audiences. he cited that whole fiasco wit George Lucas and the Red Tails movie as proof and thi held up plans for a while until Feige got fed up and threatened to leave. thats when Horn stepped in and they mapped out phase 3 as we now know it.

Found this posted on Reddit, from the box office forums... Grains of salt, obviously, but interesting nonetheless:

Yeah, it's rumor.......but I wouldn't be shocked in the least if that one is true.

Marvel has been planting seed for Black Panther longer than any other property. It always seemed odd that they never got around to it and when Phase 2's slate was announced with no Panther a lot of people were mad about it.

Then you had those comments from Louis D'Esposito:

"He has a lot of the same characteristics of a Captain America: great character, good values... But it's a little more difficult, maybe, creating [a world like Wakanda]. It's always easier basing it here. For instance, 'Iron Man 3' is rooted right here in Los Angeles and New York. When you bring in other worlds, you're always faced with those difficulties."

Which made no sense considering they had JUST announced Guardians of the Galaxy and made it a point to say the next Thor film would have more scenes off earth.

Marvel was always oddly evasive about Black Panther and Captain Marvel films. This might explain why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"