• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear they will spoil at least one "money shot" like Giant-man but they are smart enough to keep the story vague. I like we have mostly seen bits of the airport fight which takes place in the middle of the film and we have absolutely no idea what the hell happens in the third act.

Oh right. I didn't even know the airport fight was a middle Act event (had assumed near the end building up to a final Cap Iron Man Bucky confrontation). Cool!

I will never forget people swearing up and down that Thor was in the clouds causing the thunder storm in The Incredible Hulk.

yeah and of course nobody can forget the infamous 'Venom in Spidey's Eye' thing
That was pretty much the birth of inane, mindless rumor-mongering over superhero movies' tiniest details

That was pretty much the birth of inane, mindless rumor-mongering over superhero movies' tiniest details

Oh god I've never even heard that one?

Oh god that was the absolute worst.

I will never forget people swearing up and down that Thor was in the clouds causing the thunder storm in The Incredible Hulk.

"You can totally see him in the storm clouds!"

That one was up there with people insisting Triple H would play Thor.

Oh god I've never even heard that one?

It was so stupid that it's still mentioned repeatedly today. Was back in my lurker days, but it certainly left an impression. :oldrazz:

It dates back to SM2 days.

Aunt Carnage was another good one.

I like we have mostly seen bits of the airport fight which takes place in the middle of the film and we have absolutely no idea what the hell happens in the third act.

Agree. Less is more. Haha. The marketing is indeed good. :)
I'm glad they're reusing footage and audio from the previous trailers for the TV spots. A bit of a new shot here and there.

Wonder when we'll get our first taste of Jackman's score? As much as I've like the generic background music used so far, I really want to hear what the Russo Bros decided to go with on the score.

From what I could find, CW's Hollywood premiere is set for April 12th, which likely means the cast's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live will be that same night due to it being right across the street from Marvel's usual premiere spot at the Dolby Theater. The Hollywood premiere date seems to be following TWS' schedule since they seem really confident in showing it so early.

http://onlyinhollywood.org/?post_type=alerts&p=3594

Im excited to get some idea of what the film is like over the next couple weeks. I just want to hear how it is compared to TWS.

The TV spot
[YT]YZq8M3tVL7c[/YT]

"If you look closely, Ross has red streaks in his hair. Ross is going Red Hulk!"
Still no Giant Man and no new Spidey. They're basically recycling the same footage over and over again with these tv spots.. Sigh.

It's an incredible thing. I feel like I've seen nothing in regards to this film which is fantastic.

I hear it's twice as brutal as TWS.

Good. One of the nitpicks i had, and I do mean nitpick because its a wonderful film, is that TWS's fights were too short. I felt like cap's first brawl with Bucky could have been a little longer but it was damn well choteographed. CW looks like we're gonna have a fight scene around every corner which makes me happy.

It's an incredible thing. I feel like I've seen nothing in regards to this film which is fantastic.
Agreed. Of the 5-8 minutes of footage we've gotten, I still feel like we still know almost nothing about the majority of the film.

i'm annoyed with the lack of Giant Man is all. I'd rather see him now.

i'm annoyed with the lack of Giant Man is all. I'd rather see him now.

First you were annoyed at Spider-Man being kept a secret. Then we got the trailer. Now you want them to spoil Giant Man. Do you have no patience at all?

First you were annoyed at Spider-Man being kept a secret. Then we got the trailer. Now you want them to spoil Giant Man. Do you have no patience at all?
raw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back