Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm eagerly anticipating how the Russo's interpret the various psychologies involved with some of the Avengers powers. That's what helps to patch up some of the potential inconsistencies, especially when engaged in a fight.

For example, I somewhat expect Vision to be near pacifist for a while and for SW to be extremely self-aware about the actual physical harm she could do to a normal human, even if they're a mook.

Btw, I think this time around Falcon's weapon/wing upgrades are being a little bit overlooked. If you notice in the MTV clip he can now use the wings as a protective shield. Gotta imagine it's a higher grade of metal too.

It doesn't make sense for Spider-Man to be running into battle when we see Tony call for him in the last trailer and he says hi to everyone. Why would be run into battle and then Tony call for him?

It doesn't make sense for Spider-Man to be running into battle when we see Tony call for him in the last trailer and he says hi to everyone. Why would be run into battle and then Tony call for him?

because one event may happen before the other.

Do you play or follow any sort of sports?

tumblr_o5fv2rPBPo1r2f1rjo1_1280.jpg

Cool to see Spidey in the running scene. I knew he'd have just been digitally removed for the other trailers, like that one scene of the Avengers from AoU where each different TV spot had different members standing there

Last edited:
If we can finally get a romance for Cap with Sharon here, I'm on board.

I think it would've worked better if they cast Agent 13 back in the first film and worked from there. Then the character who wakes him up at the epilogue would've already been Sharon/Agent 13.

It's always felt a little odd to me that they didn't keep Amanda Righetti as Sharon, given they were hinting at her being Sharon in that scene.

If we can finally get a romance for Cap with Sharon here, I'm on board.

I think it would've worked better if they cast Agent 13 back in the first film and worked from there. Then the character who wakes him up at the epilogue would've already been Sharon/Agent 13.
There is too much packed into the movie as it is, I'd be fine without the addition of romance.

^^Yeah. A few years back I remember complaints that there was too much romance in superhero movies; now the opposite seems to occur.

Righetti was never so much as hinted at to be Sharon. Her calling code 13 is akin to mr. Reece in TDK.

There is too much packed into the movie as it is, I'd be fine without the addition of romance.

Alternatively you could remove something else.

cool that the different teams have different nights on Kimmel. Also the new MTV clip was killer.

Righetti was never so much as hinted at to be Sharon. Her calling code 13 is akin to mr. Reece in TDK.

Alternatively you could remove something else.

Code 13 was clearly meant as a nod to Agent 13.

What would you propose they remove from a Civil War movie, then?

Code 13 was clearly meant as a nod to Agent 13.

And Mr. Reece sounds like Mysteries, but that guy wasn't the Riddler.

It seems odd to leave a 'clue' such as that but then have no one ever comment on it.

What would you propose they remove from a Civil War movie, then?

Something that could be tackled elsewhere in some other time.

Something that could be tackled elsewhere in some other time.
And it might suck some of the film jollies that way.
Most superhero movies have sappy devoid from entertaining value to look at romance.
TV has more breathing space, I can accept romance there.

that 40 SECOND MTV clip was awesome. also i think it was edited a little bit for TV. the Russo style action was def on point. loved how cap just drops in from the sky. teamup coolness in effect!

Last edited:
And it might suck some of the film jollies that way.
Most superhero movies have sappy devoid from entertaining value to look at romance.
TV has more breathing space, I can accept romance there.

Cap doesn't have a TV show, so I'm not sure what that's got to do with anything?

M&M wrote Peggy and Steve, which not a lot count as sappy or devoid from entertaining value. I'm sure they could provide jollies if allowed.

If for some reason some people can't get their jollies from that and need Giantman or whoever, then merphaps what they really want to watch is Ant-Man and the Wasp.

And Mr. Reece sounds like Mysteries, but that guy wasn't the Riddler.

It seems odd to leave a 'clue' such as that but then have no one ever comment on it.

Plans change, perhaps they intended on pursuing that but changed their minds. Maybe if Johnston had come back we'd have seen Righetti as Sharon.

Full Press Conference Vids:

Part 1 ("Team Iron Man")
https://youtu.be/EgefYnhkU1s

Part 2 ("team Cap")
https://youtu.be/09kw6WnKRyc

Awesome! Thanks for posting :up:

Plans change, perhaps they intended on pursuing that but changed their minds. Maybe if Johnston had come back we'd have seen Righetti as Sharon.

As I said, if you're giving a 'clue', you're not trying to keep it a secret. Yet in the time between the Russos being hired, Joe Johnston didn't mention it, not even in the commentary, nor did M&M. Neither had Righetti, for that matter.

that MTV clip is so sped up. really strange editing choice for a promo

They always make clips faster and choppier for shows like that. Keeps them fast paced and exciting, and means more content can be shown in a short period of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"