Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. Scarlet Witch is a major force to be reckoned with. I think we'll see that in the movie. But overall Team Iron Man does have more heavy hitters.
Yeah, but Iron Man alone could probably kill all of team Cap (Besides Wanda) with one shot simultaneously at the head with mini-missles. (Ala Iron Man 1 terrorist scene) But they're obviously going to hold back.

If we really want to nitpick, shouldn't Hawkeye not even be running? WOuldn't it make more sense for him to stay back and use non lethal arrows? You know? Because he's Hawkeye?

He's gotta get his cardio in.

In terms of sheer foot speed Panther and Spidey are about even. Spidey is stronger but that doesn't mean he's faster in a foot race.

Sort of like how Thor is much stronger than Spidey but is probably much slower in a foot race.

To be fair. There's a lot of inconsistencies in this regard in the comics (I believe Spidey once traveled two miles in 5 seconds which just shouldn't happen with his powers). Spidey and BP have been portrayed as equals in speed before, though.

The MTV clip is really amazing. I love how Cap is a tactical leader who commands the Avengers and they have a real team dynamic, unlike the X-Men. It's only a short clip but it is already promising big things to come.

In terms of sheer foot speed Panther and Spidey are about even. Spidey is stronger but that doesn't mean he's faster in a foot race.

Sort of like how Thor is much stronger than Spidey but is probably much slower in a foot race.
Yeah, I'd retract and say they're about equal in speed.

Also, come think of it, why doesn't Iron Man and War Machine just neutralize Team Cap by shooting them with sleeper darts?

Anyone know when the review embargo ends for Civil War?

Guys, come on. Quicksilver should be outrunning them all....oh wait.

Yeah, I'd retract and say they're about equal in speed.

Also, come think of it, why doesn't Iron Man and War Machine just neutralize Team Cap by shooting them with sleeper darts?

Well despite being generally less powerful than Team Iron Man they all have good to great defensive abilities.

Cap has his vibranium Shield. Wanda clearly has her TK shields. Antman is probably the second most difficult character in the film to land a strike on (behind Vision), and as we saw in the new clip Falcon can use his wings defensively.

Bucky is the only one without any clear defensive capabilities unless yo uwant to count his metal arm.

Also I'm not sure sleeping darts would even work on Cap. The SSS makes his body resistant to any outside toxins. remember he can't even get drunk and was able to drink whatever the hell it was Thor had at that part.

Ant-Man is ridiculously formidable. I think his film iteration is pretty OP but I love Ant-Man so more OP Ant-Man. :hrt: :up:

Makes sense for if Team Cap can hold their ground. They've been working as a team where Team Ironman are just more powerful individuals.

Don't know if this has been posted, but it's pretty cool...

http://elena-casagrande.deviantart.com/art/Civil-War-banner-for-Blastoff-Comics-601638368

civil_war_banner_for_blastoff_comics_by_elena_casagrande-d9y774w.jpg

Well despite being generally less powerful than Team Iron Man they all have good to great defensive abilities.

Cap has his vibranium Shield. Wanda clearly has her TK shields. Antman is probably the second most difficult character in the film to land a strike on (behind Vision), and as we saw in the new clip Falcon can use his wings defensively.

Bucky is the only one without any clear defensive capabilities unless yo uwant to count his metal arm.

Also I'm not sure sleeping darts would even work on Cap. The SSS makes his body resistant to any outside toxins. remember he can't even get drunk and was able to drink whatever the hell it was Thor had at that part.
But Spidey should be able trap Ant-Man in a web and anticipate where he's going strike, and War Machine/Iron Man could mess up Falcon's wings by blasting his pack. Cap -- Stark could shoot his legs (Tho, he might heal up fast) Same for Backy. As a matter of fact, Tony could've made anothet one of those cube things like he made for Hulk to trap Cap And Bucky since they'll recover too fast. Scarlet is the one I could see being a huge problem

Yeah, but Iron Man alone could probably kill all of team Cap (Besides Wanda) with one shot simultaneously at the head with mini-missles. (Ala Iron Man 1 terrorist scene) But they're obviously going to hold back.
Eh, Ant-Man handled something similar in his film.

But Spidey should be able trap Ant-Man in a web and anticipate where he's going strike, and War Machine/Iron Man could mess up Falcon's wings by blasting his pack. Cap -- Stark could shoot his legs (Tho, he might heal up fast) Same for Backy. As a matter of fact, Tony could've made anothet one of those cube things like he made for Hulk to trap Cap And Bucky since they'll recover too fast. Scarlet is the one I could see being a huge problem
Witch could literally one shot the team, so yeah. Plus, Hawkeye has his boomerang arrow.

Do you want the movie to be 5 seconds long? And Spider-Man gets hit all the time despite having his Spider Sense, so I don't know why people keep bringing that up as an indication that he's untouchable.

Last edited:
Are you kidding, I loved that Falcon literally tossed Cap right into the soldiers. :funny: Looks like Cap is now enhanced by his flying buddies. :awesome:

Yeah, I like imagining Falcon has a weapons menu in his goggles and it goes like this:

Select>weaponry

Melee?
Ranged?

Select>Ranged

Trank Darts?
Air-to-air Missile?
Captain freakin' America?

Select>Captain freakin' America

*Throws Steve*

Do you want the movie to be 5 seconds long? And Spider-Man gets hit all the time despite having his Spider Sense, so I don't know why people keep bringing that up as an indication that he's untouchable.
Because it's pivotal when he's fighting someone like Ant-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"