The Official Green Lantern Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked the Daily Blam review. Seems what im going to think of the movie! That's the best review i`ve read.

UGO's review was pretty decent. It wasn't scathing at least.

well, i think im going to love the movie, no matter wtf critics say. I refuse to believe Abin`s Sur death is terrible or even Hal`s trip to OA. I just want to see Bzzd in the movie. It's all I ask. lol

I believe it'll be this year's Transformers. Critics will hate it, but the General Audience will love it. It seems like the quintessential summer movie: Action, comedy, romance, adventure and some suspence in a fast-paced, action-packed movie.

Being this summer's Transformers would be just about the worst thing ever.

Because is the one that is not destroying it? :whatever:
Because its one talking like a fan of the comics and that share what i think of the movie by seeing the clips and featurettes. I mean, the SHH review said Sinestro looked bad. WTF?

well, i think im going to love the movie, no matter wtf critics say. I refuse to believe Abin`s Sur death is terrible or even Hal`s trip to OA. I just want to see Bzzd in the movie. It's all I ask. lol

And there's nothing wrong with that at all. But people's opinions aren't always going to match up, especially when it comes to critics.

IGN's review: http://movies.ign.com/articles/117/1175316p1.html

That one really hurts since it's one of the sites I visit.

Because its one talking like a fan of the comics and that share what i think of the movie by seeing the clips and featurettes. I mean, the SHH review said Sinestro looked bad. WTF?
So, to you, Variety's, Hollywood Reporter's, The Playlist's, Hitfix's, SHH's critics are bad because they don't like it?

That ign.com review was ruthless.

Can't wait to see it on Friday but it feels like game, set , match for DC...

That ign one hit hard. Worse than Wolverine? Ouch. The last line really sums up that review. 'Green Lantern deserved better'.

I wont believe this is worse that Wolverine.
X3 I think was below average but not terrible F*** the world bad, but Wolverine...this cant be worse

And notice, in every review of the people who really wanted Green Lantern to work, there's a sense of deep frustration with the picture.

That's worse than being outright bad.

That's what I've been wondering.

I mean I get the mentality that fans want it to be good so it leads to sequels, but who cares what critics thing. Green Lantern fans have been waiting for this for years. Go have fun.

I really liked the Daily Blam review. Seems what im going to think of the movie! That's the best review i`ve read.

When it agrees or disagrees with their opinions or hopes?

Yep. Emphasis on the last word.

How can some of you guys be saying which review is the "best"? How can you possibly know which review most accurately represents your opinion when you haven't seen it.

I mean I get the mentality that fans want it to be good so it leads to sequels, but who cares what critics thing. Green Lantern fans have been waiting for this for years. Go have fun.

Hard to have fun when people are saying it's ordinary.

yikes, I wonder if this bad boy will get a lower score than TF2 did.
it's already significantly below X3 and Wolverine.

WB doesn't need press like this, maybe later but not so much right now.

Idk...it seems that those reviewers have a BIG PROBLEM with the concept of GL in general.

I disagree, it's the films not genre. If every film was quality, then we could have this discussion. Especially where the general audience is concerned.

I mean do people really think if that was james cameron's name before the credits that this movie would bomb?

[BLACKOUT]no chance[/BLACKOUT]

I'll enjoy it anyway.
How is this in anyway less closed-minded than the people who've already made up they're minds not to like it?

These reviews are disheartening, and I'm bringing my expectations way down, but I'm not going to be making any baseless claims, one way or the other, on my future opinion until I've actually seen it.

jmc,

Not really. I'm still stoked as hell for Lantern on Friday. Who the hell knows? Maybe the parts that bothered the reviewers won't bother me. You just don't know with these things.

im seeing this movie at midnight tomorrow and im going in with the best of hopes. but this isnt looking good and its turning into a real bummer.

I look at it this way, if over 2/3 of people are saying it's not great and the rest barely giving it a thumbs up something is seriously wrong. On the up side I won't feel as guilty watching it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"