Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

Only high quality version I could find.

I got chills watching this teaser trailer lol. I remember seeing this trailer online when it was first posted all those years ago. In the upcoming weeks I need to sit down and rewatch this trilogy.

Yeah I don't think that has fully sunk in yet. The reality that Molina's Ock and Dafoe's Goblin will share screen time together. Dialogue, interactions.....and not just with each other but with other villains and other Spider-Men.

Yeah I don't think that has fully sunk in yet. The reality that Molina's Ock and Dafoe's Goblin will share screen time together. Dialogue, interactions.....and not just with each other but with other villains and other Spider-Men.

Here’s hoping NWH doesn’t get delayed because I really, really, really want to see all this! :csad:

I want to keep my expectations for that in check because I also thought the same thing leading up to Endgame. "I can't wait to see Thor interact with Black Panther!" or "I want to see Spider-Man and Rocket Raccoon hanging out!" As big as that movie was there still wasn't enough time for all of the characters to have these interactions with each other. But considering No Way Home has less characters and overall weight to carry than Endgame did makes it much easier to allow those kind of character interactions.

I want to keep my expectations for that in check because I also thought the same thing leading up to Endgame. "I can't wait to see Thor interact with Black Panther!" or "I want to see Spider-Man and Rocket Raccoon hanging out!" As big as that movie was there still wasn't enough time for all of the characters to have these interactions with each other. But considering No Way Home has less characters and overall weight to carry than Endgame did makes it much easier to allow those kind of character interactions.

Yeah I understand that. I don't think the scope of No Way Home is as big as Endgame. Plus the way the story is structured they seem to be doing a Sinister Six vs the three Spideys. So it seems logical just based on the story structure that they have to have scenes where they interact. The villains will team up and plot. The Spideys will face off with them.

A lot of these comic book movies where the studio interference was heavy it really makes the movies bad but to Raimi's credit he still maintained the ship better than most in those kinds of situations where SM3 relatively isn't that bad- I think the disappointment mostly comes from it feeling like a big dip from the previous 2. On its own it's still pretty competent even with the janky flaws.

Or what I like to call the "Godfather Part III Syndrome."

God, I love this scene so much. Rewatched Spider-Man 2 this morning and the intensity of this scene never ceases to give me chills.

I swore i was gonna wait till december to rewatch the Raimi films, but I couldn't wait. I was gonna do just Spider-Man 2 this morning, and now I'm rewatching the first film and I'll also do the 3rd as well. The hype is real!

I just remembered that SM2 had that legendary train fight, and it looks like NWH will have its own big action scene on top of a train. With magic.

So these movies are technically part of MCU now? :)
I don't know what the "rules" are with this and they'll probably have some sort of official canon for all the multiverse stuff, but to me, if the MCU is going to actively include these characters from past non-MCU films then they should be considered retroactively canon.

Just finished SM2. What a masterpiece. To me it's the greatest cbm ever made period. There's heart, character development, good acting and insane action. It really is Raimi's Masterpiece.

EDIT: I just realized that 17 years later, no CBM has ever topped the fight scenes in SM2. Whenever Spider-Man swings there's this epicenes and graceness. The music and the cinematography complimented each other. No quick cuts, the camera either follows Spidey or pans around him.

These modern CBMs it's all CGI and quick cuts. Ugh not to rag on the Garfield or Holland's films but if there's one thing I can say about the franchises after Raimi and even some of the CBMs coming out right now is one word; they lack HEART.

Last edited:
So of course the No Way Home trailer got me thinking about the Raimiverse movies. Haven't seen them in a while, but a rewatch is due soon. However I got to thinking about something in Spider-Man 2 that has slightly bugged recently.

And that would be the absence of Peter attempting to reasoning with Otto at the bank robbery and train. Otto was Peter's idol and friend. I find it odd now that there wasn't a line or two of dialogue between Peter and Otto. Sure you could say that Peter was more focused on keeping people safe and fighting. Or that trying to reason with Octavious could give away Peter's identity. But I don't know about that. Otto was a public figure, known to be a good guy. Spider-Man could know who was.

Does anyone else feel the same?

So of course the No Way Home trailer got me thinking about the Raimiverse movies. Haven't seen them in a while, but a rewatch is due soon. However I got to thinking about something in Spider-Man 2 that has slightly bugged recently.

And that would be the absence of Peter attempting to reasoning with Otto at the bank robbery and train. Otto was Peter's idol and friend. I find it odd now that there wasn't a line or two of dialogue between Peter and Otto. Sure you could say that Peter was more focused on keeping people safe and fighting. Or that trying to reason with Octavious could give away Peter's identity. But I don't know about that. Otto was a public figure, known to be a good guy. Spider-Man could know who was.

When Aunt May and MJ are in trouble there's no time for reasoning. He did reason with him tho in the final battle.

Can you really call Otto Peter's friend when they only met once? Yes he was his idol, but they did not form any kind of close friendship just because they had lunch together and talked about Science and poetry.

The only time Peter could get through to him was when the entire city was in danger of being destroyed. Before that how could he convince Ock that what he was doing was actually going to kill people? Even in the beginning of their final showdown he said "Shut it down, Ock. You're going to hurt a lot more people this time". Ock brushed it off because it was a risk he was willing to take. He wanted to make his dream succeed no matter what the risk. He was convinced it would work.

Last edited:
Its been a hot minute since I've watched the OG films so I started last night and I forgot how damn good the first 2 films are. Spidey 2 is a lowkey horror film. Really makes me miss everything about these 2 compared to the more bubblegum newer films which are still fun but do not hold a candle.

Shame that we had to end Raimis reign with Spiderman 3.

Rewatched the whole trilogy again over the past 2 days. I've watched the trilogy more times than I could begin to account and I never ever get tired of them. They're like a comfort blanket for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"