Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Am I the only one who finds "Spartacus" a somewhat weird pick for their project name? No, not because its random. . . but because its a dude most famous for trying to overthrow the big empire, failing, and getting himself and everybody with him killed. Do you *really* want to use that as a name for the subscription service that is supposed to go after Microsoft?
Is that the name they’re going with? Wasn’t sure if it was just a placeholder name for now.

I reckon it's just the code name used internally. At my old workplace, we used to name new software projects after Greek alphabet names (Kappa, Lambda, etc.).

I reckon it's just the code name used internally. At my old workplace, we used to name new software projects after Greek alphabet names (Kappa, Lambda, etc.).
What annoys me sometimes with these project name conventions is that the project name sometimes ends up being better than the final product’s name.

Even as just an internal code name, it feels bizarrely on-the-nose in its ill-omenedness.

I'm disappointed that PS3 games are streaming only with no download option. They can at least make the most popular titles available for download, like God of War 3, RDR, GTA IV, etc.

No value for me here. If I were to play their games on PC, it's still streaming so it's PS Now essentially but at a higher cost. :funny:

Whelp, Spartacus is kind of what I thought it would be... A beefed up PS Plus that still doesn't match the consumer friendliness of Game Pass. It's a real shame, I would quite happily be subscribed to both but not sure I see the point at this stage.

I no most people are into this whole thing but I dont care I want true BC meaning I can just put in a ps3 disc into ps5 and play it. Not going to pay a monthly fee to play games I can just play on older consoles.

So much for that "Spartacus" working title, when it just ended up as PS plus and its 3 plans. The good thing is doesn't sound complicated compare to Ps Plus vs Ps Now.

Still pleased that Sony isn't releasing their big games on subscription service right away,as someone who isn't into a subscription service for games.

What’s going on with that demo feature? Surely that shouldn’t be something you have to pay to access. I guess having it in the lowest tier might make sense. Also would have preferred the BC PS1 titles (my most nostalgic PS gen) to be available in the middle tier rather than the highest.

So much for that "Spartacus" working title, when it just ended up as PS plus and its 3 plans. The good thing is doesn't sound complicated compare to Ps Plus vs Ps Now.

Still pleased that Sony isn't releasing their big games on subscription service right away,as someone who isn't into a subscription service for games.
I always prefer project names to final names lol. Really sucks. If Sony release this on pc I will likely sub and binge a few months every year. Don’t want multiple subs year round though.

I always prefer project names to final names lol. Really sucks. If Sony release this on pc I will likely sub and binge a few months every year. Don’t want multiple subs year round though.

Oh lordy, you are giving me flashbacks to Triangle Strategy, and so many *incredibly* stupid threads of complaints about the name. Like, seriously, yes the name is on-the-nose and a little weird sounding. . . but "on the nose" and "a little weird" is light-years better than "a random string of fantasy-sounding words with zero meaning to the viewer". Which is 90% of all the suggested "So much better names" I have seen.

I don't care about Spartacus, Game Pass or Nintendo Online (or whatever it's called). Just let me buy your old games!

Death Stranding felt like a PS game if that makes sense, and its currently included in Ps' banner which is probably a sign that Sony is acquiring Kojima Productions neXt.

my connection at my game stop told me they are getting in a batch of bundles like they did for my Xbox Series X 2 weeks ago. I am having a friend who will wait outside before they open getting a spot in line and i will meet him there before they open at 10am and if all goes well I will have a PS5 next saturday woo hoo.

got one this morning they had 6 bundles at my game stop I was there around 1 1/2 hour before they opened I was 3rd in line out 5 there got it all set up I am SO happy. what is neat there is enough space between my PS5 and my Series X I can fit my Switch dock between them nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"